Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhhh, uhhhh, uhhhh, what? <_> I don't even see how this could work. Uhhhhh...I really...uhhh...

Mybrainisfulloffucjackiechan.jpeg

My reaction was a sincere, flat, "What?" I've never play SMT, but I have seen it. Those who're more versed in SMT, do you think it could mesh well with FE?

Not in the slightest.

Holy crap this is awesome, good thing I've started playing P3 so that I have the vaguest idea of who most the people are.

Sure hope that the protagonists from Persona are in this thing and Jack Frost too.

Edited by Frédéric François Chopin

Those who're more versed in SMT, do you think it could mesh well with FE?

Not at all. Only thing in common is difficulty and Japan only stats till last gen (and even then, FE has much more active fan translations with all games translated, while SMT has 1+2 and the first Persona 2 with If... and Soul Hackers being the only ones to make stable progress). Even the sRPG spinoffs (Majin Tensei and Devil Survivor) aren't that compatible with FE.

And Again: WHAT?

Edited by deuxhero

Wasn't there an SMT spinoff that played kinda like FE?

This'll probably be something like that.

Devil Survivor, yes.

Wasn't expecting this at all. I NEED footage of this.

Somebody tell Crash about this thread.

Did not expect.

Here's me thinking it was Persona 5 at first, then suddenly WTF Fire Emblem heroes appeared.

Looks like Chrom and his buddies found another path at the other-world gate.

Well. This is going to be interesting.

FE characters in the trailer:

- Marth

- Eirika

- Elincia

- Hector

- Sothe

- Lyn

- Ike

- Eliwood

- Caeda/Sheeda

- Roy

- Lilina

- Ephraim

- Micaiah

- Chrom

- Masked Marth

And here I thought Pokémon Conquest was off-the-wall.

So what you're saying is we combine this with Pokemon Conquest, and literally kill all life on the planet through sheer "whut?" followed by general explosions in the cranial region of every human being on the planet simultaneously.

I am so confused right now.

Super excited, though. If I had to guess it'll probably play more like an FE title, but with the roster being major figures from both series? It's... an odd combination, but at the same time, I'm actually... not that against it? Or something? My brain's still full of **** right now though and is trying to wrap my head around it.

Curiously only characters from main-continuity SMT titles were displayed - 1, If..., 2, 3 (aka Nocturne), and the upcoming 4. Specifically the hero and "heroine" of each game (In so far as any of them count as a heroine...). No Persona or Devil Survivor, which is REALLY odd because Persona 4 is surging in popularity and Devil Survivor 2's getting an anime soon, not to mention the whole part where Devil Survivor is the strategy spinoff...

I... am going to need info. Soon. Augh.