What if Gaiden was like normal FE games

Ishi

FE Gaiden with normal mechanics  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Better or worse?

• Better
    • Worse

It would honestly be pretty bad. Gaiden isn't really known for its compelling characters or storyline. They might as well just make an entire new game if they were going to go that route.

It would honestly be pretty bad. Gaiden isn't really known for its compelling characters or storyline. They might as well just make an entire new game if they were going to go that route.

This.

If you want FE2 as a "normal FE game", that already exists in FE8, whatever your opinion of it is.

Personally I thought of it as a poor execution, but that's just me.

Edited by Tryhard

I agree with most of the posters here. In fact, I actually really liked some of the things that FE2 did, like explorable caves, lots of optional areas that you could explore, villages to explore (which to me is way more realistic than the way villages are handled currently), and things like that. So if they just made all those things more polished, and better executed (like said caves not being so simplistic in layout), I really wouldn't mind those design choices reappearing in the future.

Basically I agree with the general consensus that remaking Gaiden into the mold of a traditional FE game would be dumb and pointless. That being said, I'd like a remake of Gaiden with a better interface (no, the wonky fanmade PC remake doesn't count).

i swear i will defend fe2 as a great game no matter how many new fe games come out that i don't bother to play!! i actually like fe2's system more than the other games. having to constantly worry about breaking weapons feels more like a chore than difficulty, even on hard modes. maybe it is actually difficulty in fe5...but the snes games have bigger problems than that imo. but anyway yeah, if fe2 were more like the other games there would be virtually no reason to play it.

Basically I agree with the general consensus that remaking Gaiden into the mold of a traditional FE game would be dumb and pointless. That being said, I'd like a remake of Gaiden with a better interface (no, the wonky fanmade PC remake doesn't count).

what where

Edited by xXHoshiHeartsXx

Really, the map screen didn't do the game any favors. I always dread playing with Holmes army beause of this.

Gaiden had at least the sense to remove gold and weapon durability, making random encounters less of a hassle. Also unlike Gaiden, you visit towns using the normal combat engine rather then being able to freely move and there is a town that basically functions like a normal town... except you can only visit it while it is attacked by random encounters.

The game did do some good with other Gaiden elements though.

Like, Summoners are way better then in Gaiden because their summons move instantly... but they are not cheap beause you know what is going to spawn. This makes them interesting obstacles to plan around.

Witches with their teleporting abilities make a return and one of them is even playable with their warp ability intact and Dragon Zombies have similar states but now have really crappy accuracy in exchange for a powerful 3x3 area effect attack that negates damage and can therefore kill almost anything in two hits at most.

Also, shields were brought back but now have limited durability and no longer need to compete with swords for equipment slots.

Edited by BrightBow

Speaking of which, does anyone know what became of this other remake for FE2?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/VincentASM/fe2-1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/VincentASM/fe2-2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/VincentASM/fe2-3.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/VincentASM/fe2-4.png

• 3 weeks later...