Rate the Unit, Day 2: Titania

PKL

You guys are all rating her 10s because she is Tits. What fools.

Don't you understand she hogs exp and prevents Mia and Wrys and Mist from being godly?

Prepromos suck.

Ok, perhaps I can give her the obligatory 9.75, (10 - .25), because I haven't had the pleasure to use her yet, but she is beast. I just don't like her hair style. Jill does it better.

Are you gonna count my score since I haven't played this past Prologue, PKL?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best unit in the game, bar none. Great bases, incredible growths, A Axes, dat horse... Slaughters everything and just keeps going! She doesn't dominate as hard by the end of the game, sure, but even then she's still quite a force with a Silver Axe forge. I even leaned on her way too hard on my first playthrough of this (it was my first FE!) and I still beat it, though I did make some other questionable choices along the way (Lv. 20 Lethe and Mordecai... :facepalm:)

10/10!

I think that Titania is a good choice throughout the game. Her bases (although they're low for her actual level) essentially 1RKO (if not 1HKO) the entire map for the several first chapters. She has good growths as well, so she will continue to improve herself as you continue to use her. The only problem is that if you manage to raise your other characters to maximum level, Titania starts to become a little shaky. I remember when I first played FE9. I used Titania the whole game through, but when I deployed her in endgame I noticed that she was not hitting as hard or taking hits as well as Oscar and Kieran.

I give her 9.5/10. I was considering giving her a 9, but I think she deserves a bit more than that. She's reliable the entire game through. Just a bit shaky near the tail end, but still usable.

You guys are all rating her 10s because she is Tits. What fools. Don't you understand she hogs exp and prevents Mia and Wrys and Mist from being godly? Prepromos suck. Ok, perhaps I can give her the obligatory 9.75, (10 - .25), because I haven't had the pleasure to use her yet, but she is beast. I just don't like her hair style. Jill does it better. Are you gonna count my score since I haven't played this past Prologue, PKL?
Umm sure. As long as you display a bit of knowledge about the game and stay in the median, its fine with me.

I, once upon a time, had a complete and utter hatred for prepromotes (Even Seth, I'm afraid) and I thought that I would never use one because only the units I had to promote myself could be good. But then I met Titania. At first I would only let her kill someone if the others were having a hard time. That worked for a while, but as I went further into the game I noticed myself using her more and more, and to my amazement she wasn't "stealing EXP" as I feared she would. Tits helped me get over a good bit of my contempt for prepromotes (at the very least the Jagens), although I might not use Seth because I just like Franz better. ;P

In short Titania is incredibly amazing and I'm glad I was blessed with her in my PMU run ('cause otherwise it would've been an Ike solo 'till Chapter 9 >.>), although her mid-late game is hindered a bit due to her lowish Strength. But that barely detracts from her total score because she is just that awesome.

I give Titania the magnificent a 10/10

10/10

Best character in the game. I don't think there's much room to expound on what has already been said.

Also, Titania's braid >>> Jill's plain old ponytail.

I...but you.... you can't....8? Really? Who's better? Pretty sure Marcia is more than kind of frail.

Obviously 10/10 for being a Jeigan with growths. She'd still be a 10 if she couldn't even *use* lances, never mind her rank.

She trivializes FE9HM, much like Seth trivializes FE8, or Sigurd/Celice/Leaf/Levin!Arthur trivializes FE4.

The thing is, she isn't the only unit that can do this. Jill, Marcia, Promoted Oscar, Promoted Boyd, and Kieran can also do this. But she just does it earlier than the rest.

And I <3 her so any negatives are getting overruled, because, no lie, the negatives on Titania equal less than 1. So +1 bias.

10/10

Edited by Laurence Olivier

Boyd and Keiran are both 9+ in your eyes? (not being a jerk, just asking)

Not really, ergo I don't use them much (only in rare playthroughs). Only axe users I ever actually use are Lex, Othin, Gonzales, Hector, Titania, and Nolan. I don't know why I do this, I just know that I never use them if they are not either amazing or are a unit that promotes to using an axe.

She has a 40% DEF growth, and her base is 11. Early-game enemies do little to no damage to her, but they won't get a chance since she 1HKO's them anyway. How is that frail?

9/10 because of late game issues, and mostly so my bias point will actually matter. Anyway +1 because she's my favorite Jeigan, which is already one of my favorite archetypes.

So 10/10

Edited by bottlegnomes

Hoo, boy, Titania. As far as crutch characters go, she's pretty damn good. Not having access to Swords in Axeland at the beggining is minorly annoying, but she's so OP it doesn't matter.

Good growths plus good bases means a solid character all around, and although I seem to be prone to RNG screwage with her - anyone else have this problem? - she turns out fine thanks to those bases.

9/10 (-1 Bias because I find her annoying)

Titania, that hot redheaded chick who has it for Greil but cant get in his pants. Second in command in the GMs.

Pros:

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Tanking EVERYTHING for most of the game.

High axe rank. (Yes!)

Fuck yeah those supports.

Utility use even.

Cons:

Well not many...But there is one...

Hits a bit of a slump in late game.

Titania is actually better than Seth in my eyes only I think its because i just like her character more. :B Titania is rocking serious ass in the beginning. Shes kicking serious ass in the midgame. Shes kicking some ass in late game. Uh oh theres the con. Its really not a big one and im not really gonna knock points off of her for it. Why? Because it still doesnt hurt her performance as a unit. Later in the game, shes not tanking like before. And her strength is dwindling a bit. Of course, by this time, shes probably using Silver Axes. But Oscar has a better strength growth overall so yeah. (so does Kieran i believe) Ol' Tits McGee is probably still gonna be deployed for one reason or another. Whether you've been using her all game or shes just been kicking it here and there after a certain point. Shes still got a use being a rescuebot, or just helping wall shit.

I usually have her kicking it on the bench for a couple of chapters if im training Kieran or Astrid though. But sometimes, its kinda awesome to have this like, big fat wall of Paladins roflstomping everything in sight and Titania in the lead. Yeah shes gonna get a 10/10.

But sometimes, its kinda awesome to have this like, big fat wall of Paladins roflstomping everything in sight and Titania in the lead.

Now; this is what I prefer in causing chaos to enemy units.

Edited by Frostbite

I don't think that Titania is relatively better than Seth, even disregarding the presence of BEXP and awesome fliers in FE9. The one thing that sets apart great Jagen archetype units from the best ones is that the best ones have a lot of str. They each annihilate mooks easily, but when the going gets tough, Seth's higher str really makes a difference.

I...but you.... you can't....8? Really? Who's better? Pretty sure Marcia is more than kind of frail.

You are right sir, shes really frail...If frail is being practically invincible. In other words: NO try again.

God I love these things.

You gotta admit she falls behind lategame but she still decimates a good chunk of the early game.

Basically I gave her an 8 because she's good but she's no Seth AND I'M NOT BEING A DICK THIS TIME so chill.

Considering that FE9 has several decent characters, the Christmas knights being two big ones, and BEXP to make said units better sooner Titania MIGHT fall behind a bit. If I recall correctly, probably not, her STR is okay and she might need forged Steel Axes/Hand Axes to aid her OHKOs but then again FE9 enemies are rather subpar. Unless we're talking about Maniac mode but some FE9 players may not have access to that mode and I haven't played said difficulty.

Or something. So go ahead. Tear my reasoning apart. I understand and know WHY you all think she's pretty damn godlike, because she is, but still.