Um...Yah...illegal much?

Okay I'm just gonna cut to the chase...I got so bored and the game is so close to release and I with all this talk of people getting games early...I decided to search the internet for a ROM of it and sure enough... 3 seconds later I find it.

I'm not sure what to think (Being a fire emblem fan and this being my first contact ever with Fire Emblem DS I want download it-but not being in trouble with Nintendo DOES sound nice. . . .so...)

what should I do?

P.S I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum I posted this here because it was related to the new FE game. . .

Edited by FIRE EMBLEM PHREAK

Okay I'm just gonna cut to the chase...I got so bored and the game is so close to release and I with all this talk of people getting games early...I decided to search the internet for a ROM of it and sure enough... 3 seconds later I find it.

I'm not sure what to think (Being a fire emblem fan and this being my first contact ever with Fire Emblem DS I want download it-but not being in trouble with Nintendo DOES sound nice. . . .so...)

what should I do?

P.S I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum I posted this here because it was related to the new FE game. . .

Technically it is illegal, yes, but I really don't think Nintendo secret agents are going to come smashing through your house windows to shoot you. Neither will they send you a letter telling you off. Really, its not you who's in the wrong here, its the website who is providing the ROM who is doing the 'bad' thing (the illegal operation).

Basically no, you won't get in any trouble with Nintendo. They're too busy trying to sell Wii Fit to senior citizens than care about one person downloading a FE ROM off a dodgy website.

Edited by Sir Canas

Technically it is illegal, yes, but I really don't think Nintendo secret agents are going to come smashing through your house windows to shoot you. Neither will they send you a letter telling you off. Really, its not you who's in the wrong here, its the website who is providing the ROM who is doing the 'bad' thing (the illegal operation).

Basically no, you won't get in any trouble with Nintendo. They're to busy trying to sell Wii Fit to senior citizens than care about one person downloading a FE ROM off a dodgy website.

you really think so? *whew* I'm relieved. . . . :lol:

Unless you're mass-selling ROMs out of your basement along with pirated software, music, and movies, no one's going to care unless you're on someone's shit-list. Really.

In fact, ROMs are still turning a profit for Nintendo, as many countries, flashcards are rampant, and tons of DS systems are sold by the day. While not as great as everyone buying every game, even with ROMs, it's not as if the company would fall apart. And for every person who uses a ROM, there's still ten or more who haven't a clue what it is you're doing in the first place, and they're the ones still funding the market :/

I've got a mental image of Reggie Fils-Aime booting down a door into someone's house, to find a person playing a ROM on their computor - catching them red handed. As punishment he kicks their ass and takes their name (that;s what Reggise is all about). You better pray that Reggie doesn't find out about what you're doing. If he does, then he'll Regginate you...

200px-Reginald_Fils-Aime.jpg

Edited by Sir Canas

I've got a mental image of Reggie Fils-Aime booting down a door into someone's house, to find a person playing a ROM on their computor - catching them red handed. As punishment he kicks their ass and takes their name. You better pray that Reggie doesn't find out about what you're doing. If he does, then he'll Regginate you...

lol

Honestly, I think it's a little wrong, though I have no problems with people doing it. Heck, I'm glad some are doing it, it gives me information of the games I want.

Also, virtually all of the data on various sites come from dissecting the ROMs, ISOs, or other game images, not playing the game. Right down to the avatar of Myrmidon ^^

Which is why I have no problem with it whatsoever. :)

We wouldn't have the cleanliness that we have if ROMs weren't there.

Also of note is that the Virtual Console uses ROM images as well. So you're paying for what you could download and insert yourself--that cacoon of wasted space called a VC game is simply an HTML manual, the emulator, and a ROM.

I've got a mental image of Reggie Fils-Aime booting down a door into someone's house, to find a person playing a ROM on their computor - catching them red handed. As punishment he kicks their ass and takes their name (that;s what Reggise is all about). You better pray that Reggie doesn't find out about what you're doing. If he does, then he'll Regginate you...

NUUUUU X3 I'm too young and almost handsome to be regginated XD

:lol::lol::lol: He looks exactly like my science teacher

I Think That Is my teacher.

my consensus on the subject is if you have doubts about it then don't bother.

i've lost my concience, so it won't bother me a bit to dowload roms... among other things i shouldn't

B)

Yah I know but I wanna try to fin a loop hole. . . .thats one of the main reasons why I made this topic(sorry if I didn't make that clear).

I mean the only exception I see is if you have the actual game then you can download the rom...I wanna see if theres something else...

For the U.S., that's how it could be interpreted. However, despite being able to back-up any software you bought yourself, there was one case, that despite this, was overruled. Still, you're not going to be called into court for having a ROM, and in the past, you wouldn't have been stupid and paid an insane amount of money to even be able to backup your cart in the first place.

Now you can make back-ups with two flashcarts instead :P

Well in the first 10 seconds,

clearly says he is about "kicking ass, taking ass, and making ass." But yes, if he finds out about what you have done, he'll challenge you to a game of Wii Fit, and if you lose, you'll die.