Thanks to my puzzle mentality, I'm trying to figure out an ideal way to allocate all 25 promoted classes among the first generation (yes, including the maligned Bow Knight and Griffon Rider; this is a matter of principle, not raw power). Anna, Tiki, Flavia, and Basilio are not counted for this exercise. Only problem is, I keep ending up with someone in a class they're not suited for (usually Bow Knight Ricken). I'm tempted to blame Libra's extremely constricted class choices for this...{sigh}

At least there are some aspects that keep popping up that one can work around, besides the usual ones (i.e. Chrom-Great Lord, Robin-Grandmaster, etc.):

Sully-Griffon Rider

Cherche-Wyvern Lord

Henry-Berserker (...maybe)

Sumia-Dark Flier

Cordelia-Falcon Knight (even if their basal class choices would suggest the reverse)

Part of it is that I tried comparing each character's stat modifiers to their stat growth rates to get a sense of where innate talent (modifiers) and aptitude (growth rates) intersected. Unfortunately, I recently discovered that (for example) resistance growth is on the low side as a matter of course; I don't think anybody gets above 50% for that (skill growth, meanwhile, never seems to dip below 45% from my recollections). I like to think of this in terms of figuring out everyone's as-close-to-canon-as-the-game's-precepts-will-allow classes, but...this is getting a bit frustrating...

So what exactly are you going for besides simply getting one of each class? It looks like you've done that already...

If this is for "canon" purposes, go with portrait classes. And don't knock Bow Knights, they're cool.

Growths won't matter because you can eventually cap all your stats with enough grinding, and you'll likely have to do a lot to get everyone reclassed and promoted anyway.

Mods don't matter either because lots of 1st gen units are just plain unsuited for combat and they won't have much of an impact on the unit's viability.