Golden Sun Mafia

Kriemhild

Current Phase: Cycle 6

Ages ago, or so the stories tell, the power of Alchemy ruled over the World of Weyard. Alchemy wrought the base elements of humanity into thriving civilizations, like lead into gold.

But in time, man's dreams gave birth to untold strife. Dreams of endless riches, of eternal life, of dominion over all that lived... Dreams of conquest and of war.

These dreams would have torn the world apart if not for a few brave and wise men, who sealed away the power of Alchemy deep in Mt. Alpeh's Sol Sanctum.

Prologue from Bo- Wait, what? Is this copy-pasted from somewhere? Uh... ahem... anyways,

Mt. Aleph has finally erupted, and several Adepts have left their sanctuaries to explore Weyard. There is a chance for the four elemental lighthouses to be lit, releasing the seal on Alchemy all over Weyard. Will these Adepts be able to prevent this from happening? If Alchemy does become released, will they be able to avoid the mistakes of the past and ensure that the golden age is maintained? Or will they be overcome by their lust for power and bring about their own destruction?

[spoiler=General Rules (almost purely copypasted from PMDMafia)]

1. This game is NOC (No Outside Contact). Unless you are told otherwise, you may not discuss the game with other players outside of the discussion board on the game forum. It also runs in Cycles, so the Day and Night are fused into one.
  2. Vote by writing ##Vote: USER and unvote with ##Unvote: USER. You can use a different verb for "Vote", but keep the hashes (##). You can drop the hashes, but write Vote and in bold. Basically, if it's obvious that you're voting, then I'll count it. But at least make it noticeable if you don't wanna bother with the format.
  3. Votals are listed based on the number of votes that are visible in the thread. The actual vote weights are hidden to the players, but those are what will determine the lynch.
  4. When a majority vote is reached AND all actions are sent in, the Phase ends IMMEDIATELY and the player with the most weighted votes get lynched.
  5. In the event of a tie, the phase will be extended for a short time. The phase ends immediately after the first vote or unvote to break the tie.
  6. The lynched player's action for that cycle shall be cancelled.
  7. If a person is modkilled, all votes for that phase are completely null and void. There will be no lynch in that phase.
  8. If something causes the phase to end, but the mods aren't around to update, anything that happens afterward will not count. Whatever happens will be the same as if the phase ended on time.
  9. You may not discuss the game with living players if you are dead. One info-and-advice-free post in the game thread is allowed.
  10. Anyone not participating in the game may not provide players with any information or advice specific to the game.
  11. No editing posts whatsoever. If your grammar or spelling is incomprehensible, you can doublepost to correct it. I'm going to be fairly lenient with this, since it's easy to edit a post quickly without thinking, but if any significant information is changed, you may well be looking at a modkill.
  12. Don't directly quote anything a moderator tells you about the game, or that you're claiming they told you. Paraphrasing is fine. Yes, this means no quoting role PMs. At all. Don't quote your entire role PM, don't forward it, don't repeat it verbatim, and don't do any of these things with a fake role PM, either. This also includes the image in your role PM, colors in your role name, links of your character, etc. You are not permitted to say anything about those images/colors/links.
  13. If a role PM and the rules contradict each other, the role PM takes precedence.
  14. There is no priority list. All actions are executed at the same time, while still accounting for the modifications made in some actions by others.
  15. Play to win the game. Not playing at your most competitive is fine; trolling or gamethrowing isn't. I realize this is very subjective, and while I'm pretty sure no one will break it without meaning to, any questions are fine.
  16. Don't screenshot anything related to the game in any way, unless it's to prove to me that someone is cheating.
  17. Don't try to get modkilled or break rules on purpose for any reason. I'm not going to let you benefit from it. Don't do anything that obviously should be against the rules. If you want to do something of dubious legality, ask me first, if possible.

[spoiler=Djinn System]

• Every single player can have only one Djinn with them at all times
  • The Djinn you get can be used as an ability. You cannot use your character-specific ability (if any) and your Djinn ability on the same cycle.
  • Once a Djinn is used successfully, it will be put into Standby mode for the next cycle. You can not use a Djinn while it is recovering.

With 3 alive and present, it takes 2 to lynch by majority

Player List

1. Joshaymin/Aurora (died C3)
  2. Clipsey!/eclipse
  3. Kay/Centurion (lynched C4)
  4. BigBangMeteor (modkilled C4)
  5. Prims (died C1)
  6. Domu/Rapier (lynched C2)
  7. Shinori (died C4)
  8. Strawman/StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw (lynched C5)
  9. Snike (subbing in for Paperblade) (died C3)
  10. Impy/TheTinyImp (subbing in for Iris~)
  11. Kaoz (subbing in for Ether) (died C4)
  12. Manix (died C3)
  13. Blues/Marth (lynched C1)
  14. Daigoji Excellen (subbing in for Spike/Stolypin Necktie) (lynched C3)
  15. Bizz/Levantamos (died C2)
  16. Blitzy/Cap'n Flint

Sub List

IT IS NOW CYCLE 5. PHASE ENDS AT 7 AM GMT, 28TH APRIL 2012.

Some role PMs:

13th:

qL67H.gif

You are Catastrophe, Moderator Modkiller. You are arguably the best endgame summon, with your only real competition being Charon (for being better against Dullahan, but has a low Djinn:damage ratio for Doom Dragon) and Coatlicue (self-explanatory). You are the creator of this Mafia game, but you're too lazy to do anything.

Being the embodiment of destruction, you are entrusted with killing whatever goes outside the order. If somebody breaks the rules, you can modkill them, annihilating them in such a vicious way that they will essentially become removed from the game. You can also communicate privately with Proto, for various stuff like inquiring about what happens in some previously unforeseen situation to bugging him to analyze the actions for phase end.

You are allied with the Moderators, and you win if your faction writes postgame.

"The embodiment of destruction." ~Catastrophe's description

Proto:

Bt0WF.gif

You are Iris, Moderator Organizer. You are the best summon in the game, and at the same time, the worst summon, since you're pretty much useless after being acquired (if you can beat Dullahan without Iris, you can most certainly beat Doom Dragon without Iris). Anyhow, you assisted 13th in designing the game, and are in charge of taking care of the specific details involving the roles and actions.

Being a goddess, you are required to answer all inquiries made by the players about the game/their role/their results/etc. You are also required to maintain this world, and therefore, you control the cycle ends and lynches. You can also communicate privately with 13th, for various stuff like discussing actions to requesting him to modkill somebody.

You are allied with the Moderators, and you win if your faction writes postgame.

"Goddess of rainbows, guide of souls." ~Iris's description

Updates:

GOOD LUCK!!!

Edited by Luster Purge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...

Edit: Wow, I'm an idiot. >_> Count this as my one free post, I guess.

One free post? What, you're dead? I can't find anything else in the rules about one free post. If your role prevents you from talking or something, you should probably say so as soon as possible, so you don't get lynched for lurking. Or is one of us misinterpreting the rules?

One free post? What, you're dead? I can't find anything else in the rules about one free post. If your role prevents you from talking or something, you should probably say so as soon as possible, so you don't get lynched for lurking. Or is one of us misinterpreting the rules?

I thought that applied to people in the game too. :facepalm: I'm seriously out of it today.

I thought that applied to people in the game too. :facepalm: I'm seriously out of it today.

Better to realize it now. So, what did your post say before you edited it?

Better to realize it now. So, what did your post say before you edited it?

I saw Paperblade's post before reading the main post properly, and posted a lynch vote. Then I realized that Proto was one of the hosts, and read the post again.

I saw Paperblade's post before reading the main post properly, and posted a lynch vote. Then I realized that Proto was one of the hosts, and read the post again.

Who was the vote for?

Er, Proto and 13th are the hosts. Paperblade is a player --- he was voting for a host [Proto] as a joke.

Er, Proto and 13th are the hosts. Paperblade is a player --- he was voting for a host [Proto] as a joke.

Exactly, so I realized that if Paperblade was joke voting, we weren't actually supposed to vote, which prompted me to reread the main post.

@Centurion- I can't even remember; it was someone random.

Don't mind this guys. I can't open spoiler tags, so I'm doing this for my own convenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Also I'm mayor everyone claim to me.

[*]This game is NOC (No Outside Contact). Unless you are told otherwise, you may not discuss the game with other players outside of the discussion board on the game forum. It also runs in Cycles, so the Day and Night are fused into one.

[*]Vote by writing ##Vote: USER and unvote with ##Unvote: USER. You can use a different verb for "Vote", but keep the hashes (##). You can drop the hashes, but write Vote and in bold. Basically, if it's obvious that you're voting, then I'll count it. But at least make it noticeable if you don't wanna bother with the format.

[*]Votals are listed based on the number of votes that are visible in the thread. The actual vote weights are hidden to the players, but those are what will determine the lynch.

[*]When a majority vote is reached AND all actions are sent in, the Phase ends IMMEDIATELY and the player with the most weighted votes get lynched.

[*]In the event of a tie, the phase will be extended for a short time. The phase ends immediately after the first vote or unvote to break the tie.

[*]If a person is modkilled, all votes for that phase are completely null and void. There will be no lynch in that phase.

[*]If something causes the phase to end, but the mods aren't around to update, anything that happens afterward will not count. Whatever happens will be the same as if the phase ended on time.

[*]You may not discuss the game with living players if you are dead. One info-and-advice-free post in the game thread is allowed.

[*]Anyone not participating in the game may not provide players with any information or advice specific to the game.

[*]No editing posts whatsoever. If your grammar or spelling is incomprehensible, you can doublepost to correct it. I'm going to be fairly lenient with this, since it's easy to edit a post quickly without thinking, but if any significant information is changed, you may well be looking at a modkill.

[*]Don't directly quote anything a moderator tells you about the game, or that you're claiming they told you. Paraphrasing is fine. Yes, this means no quoting role PMs. At all. Don't quote your entire role PM, don't forward it, don't repeat it verbatim, and don't do any of these things with a fake role PM, either. This also includes the image in your role PM, colors in your role name, links of your character, etc. You are not permitted to say anything about those images/colors/links.

[*]If a role PM and the rules contradict each other, the role PM takes precedence.

[*]There is no priority list. All actions are executed at the same time, while still accounting for the modifications made in some actions by others.

[*]Play to win the game. Not playing at your most competitive is fine; trolling or gamethrowing isn't. I realize this is very subjective, and while I'm pretty sure no one will break it without meaning to, any questions are fine.

[*]Don't screenshot anything related to the game in any way, unless it's to prove to me that someone is cheating.

[*]Don't try to get modkilled or break rules on purpose for any reason. I'm not going to let you benefit from it. Don't do anything that obviously should be against the rules. If you want to do something of dubious legality, ask me first, if possible.

Djinn System

• Every single player can have only one Djinn with them at all times
  • The Djinn you get can be used as an ability. You cannot use your character-specific ability (if any) and your Djinn ability on the same cycle.
  • Once a Djinn is used successfully, it will be put into Standby mode for the next cycle. You can not use a Djinn while it is recovering.

On that note, if you guys wouldn't mind, please refrain from using spoiler tags if at all possible? For your old pal Ether? T'would save me such time and trouble.

I really don't mind if you guys vote during Cycle 0... I'm not going to count those votes anyways. But try to refrain from editing, please.

Also, to answer some questions, yes, you can target yourself unless the role specifies otherwise. And yes, you are also allowed to send in your actions for future phases in advance

Edited by Luster Purge

Hey everyone! I am so so so so glad to be in this game with all of you! Lets NOC the shit out of this game! NewYearsEmoticon.gif

On a more serious note, i got a little confused reading earlier. There are no kills this cycle, correct? Which means no lynch, correct?

Hey everyone! I am so so so so glad to be in this game with all of you! Lets NOC the shit out of this game! NewYearsEmoticon.gif

On a more serious note, i got a little confused reading earlier. There are no kills this cycle, correct? Which means no lynch, correct?

Yeah, no lynching.

Just ignore the no lynch, vote like normal and pretend it's a 72 hour extension to D1.

Hell, we could hammer at the start of D1 if we feel we've talked enough by then.