Imagine this game were remade on 3DS with a marriage mechanic

Espinosa

There could be proc skills, attack and guard stances, revised maps with tougher maps and difficulty modes more intricate than HHM, but I keep picturing what it would be like if FE7 characters could be joined by their children, also playable in FE6, halfway through the game.

Imagine you manage to marry Hector fairly early, say, to Lyn or Florina, and you have Lilina join with a Child Seal the next chapter, fully capable of functioning as a standalone unit. One issue would be the fact that a lot of children share their parents' class. When you've been training Rath, will you want Sue? Roy when you've been training Eliwood? Or God forbid, Wolt if you are training Rebecca. Then there's also Nino with her three sons - if Nino is an Est training whom is just pointless, what will you do with Lugh, Raigh and Chad? Unless they bring their Child Seals. Maybe there could be a parallel storyline for Nino and Jaffar where they could grow as units so that they have something to offer to the main party when they come together.

Another issue is the lack of known children for some of the units. Who is Isadora giving birth to? Serra? Nobody would be happy if they just stacked the game full with brand new children units previously not seen or hinted towards elsewhere. But of course, none of this is happening, so feel free to join in and speculate.

This would be really cool and I'd be behind it 100%.

I always imagined Wendy being the daughter of Oswin and Serra personally in my headcanon.

Would skills be the same or would they be retooled?

Also as a fan of both Jaffar and Nino I'd lovvve a parallel story, also maybe a what if to Leila surviving.

What characters would be even relevant to appear in that "parallel" Jaffar and Nino story? I get all hot and bothered imagining you being able to temporarily control a party of the villains you face in the final chapter, though I'm not too sure if they're very deeply connected to Nino and Jaffar (I only followed the storyline when I played the game for the first time a while back). They better not have 0 luck though!

Edited by Espinosa

What characters would be even relevant to appear in that "parallel" Jaffar and Nino story? I get all hot and bothered imagining you being able to temporarily control a party of the villains you face in the final chapter, though I'm not too sure if they're very deeply connected to Nino and Jaffar (I only followed the storyline when I played the game for the first time a while back). They better not have 0 luck though!

I'd think the major black fang members or you could use Leila and Harken, maybe pull Karel in.

You could possibly argue Heath and Vaida.

Edited by Jedi

It would actually be funnier to make it a two-parters, like FE4 did.

Maybe on WiiU though, because the 3DS won't be able to stand 60+ chapters.

Nah, it can probably handle it.

I agree there though, it would be better if it was an enhanced FE6/FE7, where you played the latter first and then the former. Then, depending on your supports and actions, the FE6 characters are better, which would be amazing. If only we could write them better-oh wait, we can. Because it's a remake.

So...yeah, I guess depending on who/if you marry to Rebecca, Wolt gets different stats. If you have reclassing, pass down classes as well. It could be good fun. Some supports might not be marriage but still affect gameplay. For example, if Rebecca supports Dart Wolt could know the latter as an uncle and get, say, a point of con and the Pirate reclass. I don't know, ideas.

So overall, I'm down with it.

If they do remake FE7 and 6, I'd like there to be a "midquel" if you play the FE7 portion well enough to "change the course of history," in which King Desmond of Bern and King Mordred of Etruria actually go to war over you. And I'd like it to be extremely hard.

If they remake FE7 let me save the Reed brothers and recruit them. DO IT, IS.

Also, full voice over like Overclocked had.

Sain/Rebecca would probably be my OTP. Wolt would actually be pretty good. Though IS would probably make Raven/Rebecca a thing. Hopefully, now that I think about it.

If a class system akin to what's seen in Awakening or Fates is involved, I could imagine Little Lyn benefitting more from Myrmidon than she would from Pegasus Knight. Especially considering that I.S. nixed having Dark Fliers being a promotion for Pegasus Knight in Fates. Don't know how Roy would benefit from being Ninian's mother, though.

Don't know how Roy would benefit from being Ninian's mother, though.

Hmm, I would imagine he'd be a bit like Seliph (assuming they make Eli's growths less shit). Good Str and speed and enough res to take on FE6's asshole status staves.

Edit: I read this wrong. Derp. Thought you meant how would Ninian!Roy work.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

If they did remake FE7, then I hope they atleast make the marriage aspect optional, and give the vanilla experience to those who want it.

They gave people like me Casual Mode, and I really appreciate it, the least they can do is give the hardcore fans the option to keep things hardcore and classic if they remade a game and used Fates's engine.

Edited by Deviddo

Edit: I read this wrong. Derp. Thought you meant how would Ninian!Roy work.

Precisely. I mean, if additional classes are involved like in Awakening or Fates, it's a bit tricky considering Ninian because of the fact that she has what would otherwise be a "special class". I don't think he'd get Mage or Shaman from her because according to his supports with Cecilia, he doesn't have any talent for magic. I guess maybe he'd get Pegasus Knight or w/e its male equivalent is (assuming that gender-locked classes are in effect), seeing as she's Illian, and most Pegasus Knights in Elibe hail from there. But I don't think anyone would be sure about this. Edited by Just call me AL

Too bad you're literally limited to one refresher unit per FE game, though. :(:

Yeah, Roy would probably not inherit the dancer ability. It's understandable why you only get one though.

FE6 RR proves why they haven't done it lol.

Ninian was only a dancer because she didn't have her Ice Dragonstone.

If anything, Roy would have inherited some manakete abilities from her, which he could only use if he had access to an Ice Dragonstone.

Actually, I have some weird ideas about what a remake of FE6 might be like...

As I understand it, Eliwood didn't do any fighting because he was ill at the beginning of the game, but not terminally so. I don't see any reason why he couldn't have joined your party later, after recovering from his illness.

I also have this idea that Ninian might still be alive if she married Eliwood. Their paired ending in FE7 did say that her time with Eliwood was brief... but what is "brief" to a 1,000-year-old dragon? Surely 2-3% of that time period would qualify...