Online multiplayer

Icy Toast

I'll probably try this out once or twice when I eventually get the game, but I'll likely leave it alone for the most part. Because I actually suck at this game. Cool that's in for people who want it though.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Online battles, sign me up. I liked them in FE12 and they'll be even better here.

And icy toast, you can have my friend code. My team is still pretty low level at the moment, but we can battles sometime. It's 0361-9662-7803.

Added you! My team is probably even lower than yours, since playing around with the online features has been keeping me from progressing through the main game. :P If you'd like we could do a couple of trial battles tomorrow, just to get the hang of it and experiment with things!

Online battles that don't sound broken or boring? Sweet! Maybe I can finally play with my friend since we couldn't in Awakening because of how far apart we lived.

Well hopefully Counter and Galeforce got nerfed or removed, because those two would be obnoxious in live multiplayer. If every team was just that, I wouldn't be playing this for very long.

We know galeforce only works if you attack alone. You can't be using guard or attack stance.

I don't think counter has been nerfed though, its the same.

We know galeforce only works if you attack alone. You can't be using guard or attack stance.

I don't think counter has been nerfed though, its the same.

Well make sure to have a ranged Unit in your team, but damn I think everyone will equip counter on their character!

Well make sure to have a ranged Unit in your team, but damn I think everyone will equip counter on their character!

Yeah. I think counter is going to become the MVP skill for this.

Plus, there's Magic Counter. 3 guesses as to what that does...

Edited by The DanMan

I can't wait for "1v1 no kamui or galeforce scrub" invitations for the MP.

On a more serious tone, I'm quite happy with that! I'd love to see the Mire tome from Fire Emblem: Awakening come back so I could make a team full of Mire tomes.

This is spectacular news! Is there any video footage of it in action yet?

+1 Im really surprised no footage of this! Perhaps not what the average FE fan is interested in? I've used my super advanced research skills (Goolgle and Youtube.. haha).. only thing that shows up is forums asking for multiplayer, or gaming websites that link directly back to OP's topic post!

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-fates-has-pretty-extensive-online-multiplayer/

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/fire-emblem-fates-online-multiplayer

^I unfortunately can't record directly from my 3DS, but if you just want to see some footage as proof that the feature exists I guess I could point a camera at my screen and record (part of) an online battle, if that works for you.

On another note, I've taken a closer look at the My Castle maps and my initial assumptions about the buillding bonuses turned out to be incorrect. The building bonuses don't apply for either player, so in online battles the buildings are simply obstacles.

I'm also still not really sure how the game decides who gets to select a map. I'd really appreciate if someone else who owns the game could help me experiment with it for a bit. :D

Edited by Icy Toast

Hoshido players are gonna wreck us Nohr players.

Grinding, man.

Yeah that would be a big concern unless they only allow Nohr players to play other Nohr players or allow grinding in the post game to solve this. I'm actually really suprised they put in online PvP since they seemed to focus everything on the main single player game.

^I unfortunately can't record directly from my 3DS, but if you just want to see some footage as proof that the feature exists I guess I could point a camera at my screen and record (part of) an online battle, if that works for you.

On another note, I've taken a closer look at the My Castle maps and my initial assumptions about the buillding bonuses turned out to be incorrect. The building bonuses don't apply for either player, so in online battles the buildings are simply obstacles.

I'm also still not really sure how the game decides who gets to select a map. I'd really appreciate if someone else who owns the game could help me experiment with it for a bit. :D

Anything at your convenience, will be greatly appreciated by me and i'm sure by other members here!

I came by earlier, but just wanted to say thanks for the info : D

it's weird how Nintendo never alluded to it and even have it listed as 1-player in their press releases.

I noticed the multiplayer files in the script dump, but I didn't know if they were used. Perhaps the multiplayer was going to be DLC, but they decided to have it unlocked at the last moment?

Anything at your convenience, will be greatly appreciated by me and i'm sure by other members here!

Alright then, here you go. I had to cut off the video after 5 minutes because my phone ran out of memory. ^^;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APH0t0AqEgo

(Please don't share the vid anywhere outside of this thread, because the quality is awkardly low in all kinds of ways.)

I came by earlier, but just wanted to say thanks for the info : D

it's weird how Nintendo never alluded to it and even have it listed as 1-player in their press releases.

I noticed the multiplayer files in the script dump, but I didn't know if they were used. Perhaps the multiplayer was going to be DLC, but they decided to have it unlocked at the last moment?

Yes, it definitely is weird, and to be honest it had me confused a bit at first.

And it still has me confused, because I've tried this quite a few times now, and I don't understand why it keeps letting me select the map each time. At first I thought it was because my team was weaker than the opposing team, but now that I've made some more progress in the main game that isn't always the case. Still hoping someone here with a copy of the game will help me figure this out.

Edited by Icy Toast

^^Much thanks. looks promising!

I can see myself being extremely frustrated with this Multiplayer (chances are, a good 75% of the time im going to get my ass kicked). This is a good thing

Thank you, Icy Toast!

+1 Im really surprised no footage of this! Perhaps not what the average FE fan is interested in? I've used my super advanced research skills (Goolgle and Youtube.. haha).. only thing that shows up is forums asking for multiplayer, or gaming websites that link directly back to OP's topic post!

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-fates-has-pretty-extensive-online-multiplayer/

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/fire-emblem-fates-online-multiplayer

Seriously. I couldn't even find videos of the multiplayer in the two DS games (granted they were hugely unpopular).

Edited by Giga Man

Thanks to Thane's help I've now had the opportunity to try a friend list battle, so in case anyone's interested:

In a battle with someone on your friend list the following settings can be configured by the host (the player who connected first):

- Map

- Handicap on/off (still not sure what exactly this does)

- Stat limitations (don't remember the exact wording on this one) on/off (presumably eliminates the effect of Eternal Seals)

- Starting positions: normal / random (when we tried random on a My Castle map our units spawned all around the perimeter of the castle)

- Time limit per turn: 3 / 5 / 10 minutes

The last two options only seem to be available for friend list matches (and presumably local matches).

Edited by Icy Toast

I'd love to know what the Handicap and Stat limitations actually do.

Are the effects of stat boosters and eternal proofs/eternal seals temporarily rolled back? Do they put a hard cap to normalize everyone's units?

Basically, my main point of curiosity is if this is designed to get rid of advantages just from items like seals and boosters, or if it will also negate the whims of the RNG Goddess (praise be).

Are the effects of stat boosters and eternal proofs/eternal seals temporarily rolled back? Do they put a hard cap to normalize everyone's units?

It's difficult to tell since most people queuing for random battles right now don't have fully leveled teams yet, and neither do I. Once I get to the point where I can use eternal seals on my own units I'll make sure to give it a try and see what exactly the stat limitations do!

This is a long-term thing, but I'm hoping there will be enough interest for a multiplayer tournament/competition once Fates is globally released.

This gives me an idea.

The First Ever Serenes Forest FE: Fates Tournament!!!!!

This needs to be done.