Hm... Possible news about this game?

Story-wise, that interview makes it sound like we're going to get Fire Emblem characters in the modern world, since that was the original concept for the game, even before it was a crossover. They'll likely be alongside SMT's demons due to the crossover aspect.

The FE characters could be einhejar, or it could be a distortion unitying various time periods and worlds, depending on how they're going to handle the various casts and such. If the main character is an all original modern day human, rather than a pre-existing character, I could see all FE characters being basically einhejars. On the other hand, if the mains are past SMT mains and FE mains, I guess they would be the real characters. I think the later is really unlikely due to all SMT mains being mutes though...

Chances are:

1. The FE characters came to the modern world as Einherjar(yes, even Chrom)

2. The SMT characters found a portal to FE universe

If the real FE characters just came out from nowhere to modern world that's just weird.

Gameplay-wise, I think it's gonna be like Warriors Orochi.

Err.....aren't they state it going to be a RPG? WO is beat'em up you know.

I think you must mean story-wise.

-Borrows school computer-

Curiously enough... The story being like WO was my guess as well.

It would be like WO story-wise if they gonna mix up already existing character. But if they take other route, creating a whole new characters, we'll probably end up having different story.

Can't imagine YHVH teaming up with some dark god worshiper here.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/atlus-parent-company-faces-bankruptcy-6410801

^ That could impact this FE title: if Atlus goes under, SMT + FE could be canceled due to financial troubles on the part of one of the two parties resposnible for making that game...

^ I hope Nintendo has a Plan B for this game, like for example, buying out Atlus and purchasing the rights to SMT, or else this title has bit the dust before it possibly even began development phase or even the mid-development phase... :(

^ Is that possible news to you?

edit: oh, and BonT:

I sure can't wait to see if the fe crossover into SMT is all magical cards, or if the plot seeps into the FE world in which the bad guys intrude on FE universe property, and end up getting smacked by Falchion, or any other means of evil-stoppage within the realm of either one of the two franchises, by the endgame...

Edited by shadowjam

That news were first posted days ago. I don't remember what was discussed here, but I do remember reading up somewhere that Atlus is likely to come unscathed from this just going freelance or something, but I don't remember the details.

That news were first posted days ago. I don't remember what was discussed here, but I do remember reading up somewhere that Atlus is likely to come unscathed from this just going freelance or something, but I don't remember the details.

This might explain the details. According to this, the parent company may be ok, but Atlus may be going to someone else as part of Index(parent company of Atlus)'s "salvage plan":

http://www.mcvuk.com/index.php/news/read/atlus-parent-company-index-files-for-bankruptcy/0117800

^ Is that the correct explanation regarding you read about that matter?

^ Oh, please don't sell Atlus to a nintendo competitor... :(

^ B2T:

If SMT protagonists have to visit the FE universe at some point in this game to prevent evil from obtaining some device meant to alter the space-time continuum before it destroys both worlds, that might be interesting enough to make it good and not weird at same time, right?

Edited by shadowjam

If Atlus was sold to other first-party competitor, like Sony for example, SMTxFE would still have to be made because of the contract. In the, the Sony would have a share of profit from SMTxFE even though it was not originally their contract.

Here, it already discussed here what about to happen to SMTxFE if Atlus bought by company like Sony.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605566 around page 28-29.

I prefer 3rd party like Namco-Bandai, Konami, Marvelous, or Koei-Tecmo though, so Atlus could still release their IPs in multiplatform.

I hope Nintendo grabs Atlus.

...then SMT goes Nintendo Only, and Sony fans weep.

The majority of Atlus title already being Nintendo exclusive. Devil Survivor, Trauma Center, Etrian Odissey, Radiant Historia, and now SMT IV itself. I doubt it turn based game have it place on traditional console. While Vita is.....lolvita even though I owned it still lolVita.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613226

Have you seen the latest news? Their fate would be decided in 4 months or sooner.

I hope they still 3rd party. I don't want them become console exclusive even if it Sony.

Judging from link, in terms of given companies interested, if sega or marvelous aql gets atlus, fe:smt is likely safe in nintendo's hands.

If gungho gets atlus, atlus will be stuck online-only and likely history after atlus's online division is already claimed by marvelous aql, meaning gungho would likely publish smt games via the gungho label instead of the atlus label, causing fe:smt to be either canned(as it's not an online game), or one of atlus's last hurrahs in the console gaming department...

Edited by shadowjam

Judging from link, in terms of given companies interested, if sega or marvelous aql gets atlus, fe:smt is likely safe in nintendo's hands.

If gungho gets atlus, atlus will be stuck online-only and likely history after atlus's online division is already claimed by marvelous aql, meaning gungho would likely publish smt games via the gungho label instead of the atlus label, causing fe:smt to be either canned(as it's not an online game), or one of atlus's last hurrahs in the console gaming department...

To date Grasshooper Manufacture still retain much of their independence to develop their game as they want. But yes GungHo have put a lot of pressure to make GM match their style of game, which mean morea action and online feature. So I guess in long run GungHo is a poor choice.

I wouldn't mind about Sega if they less restrictive about their policy on localization though. I don't want any Valkyria Chronicles 3 again where the VC2 bombed so hard thanks to Sega incentive by making the game to portable device and focus-testing t to moe-otaku audience instead of keeping the older tone. Not too mention about Yakuza late localization despite the game have cult and niche following outside of Japan.

Personally I prefer Namco-Bandai considering their latest trend with Tales series. They should provide steady localization to the west for both USA and Europe, although I don't really know how much is their policy regarding studios under their wing.