My official retirement.

Florete

Things have calmed down lately, so I figured this would be a good time to announce my retirement as a Moderator on this forum. Among other things, I'll be entering college soon, so I won't have too much time for the forum. My year and a half of as a Mod was good, and I'll still be around as a normal member on occasion, but at this point I've just been worn out too much.

And yeah, it's real this time. No trips, no tricks.

Good luck in college. Despite what some people will say, I think you were a pretty good mod. I hope we still see you around every once and a while.

I'm sure you made the right choices for yourself... It's sad to see you resign as a moderator, I've grown so used to you being one. I don't know what else to say really, except that you did a good job for the time you did. I was satisfied with what you did around here.

Retirering as a mod sounds quite unnecesary, unless, of course...you have to do too much work in college.

Anyways, I'll miss one of the best mods here :( ...*sniff*

All I have to say, is thanks for the help for the past year and a half, and good luck on your future endeavors. :) Keep us posted with how you're doing in college.

Don't sign in anonymously, be proud of the green.

I don't have much to say other than good luck in college and any other future endeavors.

Don't sign in anonymously, be proud of the green.

I don't have much to say other than good luck in college and any other future endeavors.

What, are you mimicking me? XD Yeah I just added the green member groups today. :)

To be honest, I didn't see much of you, but that's because you hung around the Fire Emblem forums, it seemed.

Regardless, although it's a shame you're retiring, I wish you the best of luck in college, and beyond. ^^

Good luck in school. It was nice working with you. ^_^

Edit: You and NTG need to discuss a character for the Retired Female Moderator badge! :D

Edited by Popo

I don't get why people think college takes more time. Aside from work, entering college should give more time, as long as you stay on top of your work and plan your classes accordingly. That means don't take heavy workloads across all your classes.

I don't get why people think college takes more time. Aside from work, entering college should give more time, as long as you stay on top of your work and plan your classes accordingly. That means don't take heavy workloads across all your classes.

Uh, that highly depends on the classes being taken, the college, and many other factors.

Uh, that highly depends on the classes being taken, the college, and many other factors.

I think that you're more likely to end up with more free time when you're in college. I don't know how high school works in other states but I remember that I at least had 6 for 5 days a week (thus at least 30 hours a week) plus whatever time spent on homework which was assigned often, by several teachers and due the next day.

In my previous college, classes were just 16 hours a week and homework was either seldom necessary or completely irrelevant to your grade and just there for your own practice (so doing it was up to you, if you found a better way to get practice/study, homework means nothing in that instance then). The assignments that did matter were due several days or weeks after it was give.

I suppose if you must study a lot, that can eat a lot of time but that's remedied by just going to the lectures and paying attention >_>. Any studying I may do is for like... 20 minutes at most and that's the day before a test.

Edited by Sirius

I think that you're more likely to end up with more free time when you're in college. I don't know how high school works in other states but I remember that I at least had 6 for 5 days a week (thus at least 30 hours a week) plus whatever time spent on homework which was assigned often, by several teachers and due the next day.

In my previous college, classes were just 16 hours a week and homework was either seldom necessary or completely irrelevant to your grade and just there for your own practice (so doing it was up to you, if you found a better way to get practice/study, homework means nothing in that instance then). The assignments that did matter were due several days or weeks after it was give.

I suppose if you must study a lot, that can eat a lot of time but that's remedied by just going to the lectures and paying attention >_>. Any studying I may do is for like... 20 minutes at most and that's the day before a test.

That's great, but College isn't just about studying. There are extracurricular activities, chances to make friends, and many times, students end up needing to get a part time job to help pay for things. I don't know about you, but I had a 20 hour a week job, was part of 2 clubs, maintained almost a perfect GPA, and also had this site to work on. That's not even taking into account not neglecting my real life friends. Once you're in college, you get a great deal of more responsibilities, and that usually more than makes up for the hours you were missing from school.

That's great, but College isn't just about studying. There are extracurricular activities, chances to make friends, and many times, students end up needing to get a part time job to help pay for things. I don't know about you, but I had a 20 hour a week job, was part of 2 clubs, maintained almost a perfect GPA, and also had this site to work on. That's not even taking into account not neglecting my real life friends. Once you're in college, you get a great deal of more responsibilities, and that usually more than makes up for the hours you were missing from school.

Except for probably the job (I think in some states you can't work till you're 18), most of that applies when you're in high school as well. With less time you're spending in class you have more time to do all those other things.

Let's say a high school student has a job at the time and still has it when they enter college, in such instances, they'll have more time.

Let's say a high school student is in the football team and enters college. If his Major is say Computer Science, I don't think he would need any sport so if he's playing football, then it's the same as in high school + the difference in how many hours a week they spent on classes.

College only takes up more of your time than high school did if you take or are forced to do extra curricular activities and have to get a job (and didn't already have one) to pay books and such. Otherwise, you pretty much end up with more free time on your hands.

Edited by Sirius

Except for probably the job (I think in some states you can't work till you're 18), most of that applies when you're in high school as well. With less time you're spending in class you have more time to do all those other things.

Let's say a high school student has a job at the time and still has it when they enter college, in such instances, they'll have more time.

Let's say a high school student is in the football team and enters college. If his Major is say Computer Science, I don't think he would need any sport so if he's playing football, then it's the same as in high school + the difference in how many hours a week they spent on classes.

College only takes up more of your time than high school did if you take or are forced to do extra curricular activities and have to get a job to pay books and such. Otherwise, you pretty much end up with more free time on your hands.

Arguable. In my case, as well as many other people I know, they were unable to drive until they got into college, so they did not participate in sports, among other things in high school. Thus college ends up taking up just as much time or more. As I said originally, it's highly situational.

How much time college takes is highly dependent on your goals there. I'm a double major in physics and mathematics, and I'm trying to finish in four years. I'm not kidding when I say it's not uncommon for me to be in class, studying, or lab for about 80 hours a week (average is more around 60 I'd estimate, but there's a high variance).

Basically, I think it's a good idea to trim back on other responsibilities before you enter college.

Edited by quanta

How much time college takes is highly dependent on your goals there. I'm a double major in physics and mathematics, and I'm trying to finish in four years. I'm not kidding when I say it's not uncommon for me to be in class, studying, or lab for about 80 hours a week (average is more around 60 I'd estimate, but there's a high variance).

Basically, I think it's a good idea to trim back on other responsibilities before you enter college.

I totally forgot about that, but yeah, double majors have it rough. Yet another example...

Apparently my previous post was horrifically rude and awful spamming, so I guess I'm going to have to post here saying exactly what everyone else is saying, since I'm SURE that that will totally be interesting and will make the day of everyone reading the topic. I mean, it's been said by almost every person in the topic, but repeating it the EXACT SAME WAY, is surely the best possible thing I could do right?

You were a good mod! Good luck in College!

Edited by ZXValaRevan