FE8 Reverse Recruitment LTC Run

:awesome: at that level up at the end.

Exactly my thoughts.

I finally managed to find a way to two turn Chapter 7 without Knoll having to pull of some miracle dodges, it requires Tethys to dodge one or either a 52 from an iron lance, or a 58 from a thunder mage. She could survive the Slim lance soldier + either of the other two with 1 hp, so I thought it wasn't too bad. But while it looks pretty simple, I either had a brainfart or it was actually pretty hard to figure out, probably the former.

i'll have it up here in like 5 minutes. I didn't manage to get the energy ring, but I have a save back at chapter 7 just in case.

http://youtu.be/IThIH8Wx2p0

read im not going to redo it even if it does save a turn later because im lazy

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for deliberately not posting Chapter 6 yesterday so it looks like I'm updating consistantly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtGr0QQVBVA

Its possible to 1 turn this chapter, but it needs a crit or a unit that isn't Syrene with 14 strength and 10 attack speed with a javelin, which is pretty unlikely

What was the music used in this vid? Also, :awesome: at that level up at the end - a beautiful level for a beautiful lady.

What was the music used in this vid? Also, :awesome: at that level up at the end - a beautiful level for a beautiful lady.

its from the fe4 arranged soundtrack, its disturbance in augustria, they're all here: http://serenesforest.net/music/music4ast.html

Also I could potentially get the whip in 6 turns, but I don't think another promoted flier will save any turns, I already have one more than normal, i'm looking at a 4 turn clear of chapter 8 now.

Edited by General Horace

Im thinking Cormag's unpromoted stats will be suffice until promotion anyway, since they're all going to be pretty high (except speed)

The extra movement might help but ehhhh

Im thinking Cormag's unpromoted stats will be suffice until promotion anyway, since they're all going to be pretty high (except speed)

The extra movement might help but ehhhh

I don't know much about LTC'ing, but it seems to me like having a promoted Cormag this early is worth 2 extra turns. I mean having a Syrene clone for earlygame can't hurt. And for mid-late game, it should help out in the desert at the very least (unless there's another whip before then, not sure). Then again, if there are other good fliers you get before then, it might not be worth it. I'm not really sure which fliers are good in reverse recruitment (might get a decent Vanessa or something really late but I don't know). I should probably take a look at that spreadsheet before I say anything else.

But that's probably just me.

Edited by Walhart

I don't know much about LTC'ing, but it seems to me like having a promoted cormag this early is worth 2 extra turns. I mean, it should help out in the desert at the very least (unless there's another whip before then, not sure). Then again, if there are other good fliers you get before then, it might not be worth it. I'm not really sure which fliers are good in reverse recruitment (might get a decent Vanessa really late but I don't know).

But that's probably just me.

Remember he'll only be level 6 out of chapter 8, so he's probably not promoting until Chapter 12 or so anyway. Other than maybe chapter 14 (where 8 move units are really bro) I can't think of where it would save a turn.

Unfourtunately Vanessa replaces Cormag, so she won't be recruited.

And I'm not actually totally sure if I can get there in 6 turns, I might be overestimating my ability to kill Tirado without Syrene.

Edited by General Horace

Remember he'll only be level 6 out of chapter 8, so he's probably not promoting until Chapter 12 or so anyway. Other than maybe chapter 14 (where 8 move units are really bro) I can't think of where it would save a turn.

Unfourtunately Vanessa replaces Cormag, so she won't be recruited.

And I'm not actually totally sure if I can get there in 6 turns, I might be overestimating my ability to kill Tirado without Syrene.

I suppose, I mean it depends on what route you're taking but I could see the extra move being useful in a few chapters like 12A, but it might not actually save any turns until after like chapter 15 or so. I do think it'll be nice to have another promoted flier eventually (and Tana and Vanessa are out), so it might still be a good move to pick up the whip (assuming you can manage 6 turns) unless you plan on using the chapter 15 master seal on Cormag over someone else. Again I haven't thought about whether it would save actual turns, but I wouldn't be surprised if it helped in like chapters 17 and 20 for example.

Edited by Walhart

I suppose, I mean it depends on what route you're taking but I could see the extra move being useful in a few chapters like 12A, but I wouldn't be surprised if it actually didn't end up saving any turns. I do think it'll be nice to have another promoted flier eventually (and Tana and Vanessa are out), so it might still be a good move to pick up the whip (assuming you can manage 6 turns) unless you plan on using the chapter 15 master seal on Cormag over someone else.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tana got a promotion in the end, she's the same level as Cormag is now.

I'm going to keep a save at chapter 8 regardless, since it's a pretty cruicual juncture anyway. I'll just have to see how things go. And yeah I'm definately going Knoll route.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tana got a promotion in the end, she's the same level as Cormag is now.

I'm going to keep a save at chapter 8 regardless, since it's a pretty cruicual juncture anyway. I'll just have to see how things go. And yeah I'm definately going Knoll route.

Ok, that's probably a good idea. Tana might offer Cormag some competition, but how would you plan on promoting her without the whip (maybe the master seal)?

Well, the problem is, Cormag won't get enough exp to promote this early anyway. By the time Horace will want to promote him, he can get the Whip from C14 Secret Shop or the C15 Master Seal to promote him (just in time for desert too).

Ok, that's probably a good idea. Tana might offer Cormag some competition, but how would you plan on promoting her without the whip (maybe the master seal)?

I'll see if I need the chapter 14 secret shop. Having 3 8 move fliers might be nice for chapter 18 and the desert.

The only chapter i'd consider promoting him for is 12, really.

Edited by General Horace

I forgot about the ch14 secret shop. I'd definitely recommend at least promoting him then or possibly Tana instead, if not with the earlier whip, for the desert and such. Do you have any idea who else you might want to use the master seal on? There isn't really a shortage of most promotion items except whips and ocean seals, but still.

Edited by Walhart

Ah, I see. Man, RR looks so interesting lol.

Yeah, I know. This topic makes RR look so cool. It makes me want to try it.

And then I remember I have so much other stuff to do *sigh*.

Edit: By the way, does anyone know if anything like this has been logged for FE6 or FE7? I looked around but couldn't seem to find anything.

Edited by Walhart