Masked Man = Marth!!!

Ursula

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calls themselves. Is no one even remotely recognizing Roro here?

It's more like TheEnd doesn't utilize the distinction between singular and plural third person pronouns in English. There is no mention of a plural "they" in the Japanese text; TheEnd is just using the ambiguous "they" because we supposedly don't know if Marth is a male or a female.

Also, the kanji for "to call oneself" may also mean "to impersonate."

I was thinking the wording was more to Marth being an unidentified character. Since you'd use "They" and "They call Themselves" for a single person if you didn't know their gender.

This.

Seriously guys, reading too much on a quick translation isn't going to get you anywhere.

I just noticed something looking at the scan. In two of the screenshots that have Masked Marth, the facial portraits look different. Look closely at the hair, the style is different. Perhaps its possible that there is more than one Masked Marth?

I just noticed something looking at the scan. In two of the screenshots that have Masked Marth, the facial portraits look different. Look closely at the hair, the style is different. Perhaps its possible that there is more than one Masked Marth?

The one in the bottom is from a cutscene.

that would contribute to the Roro factor that Celice was talking about

are there scans of My Unit out btw? i haven't really been keeping up with all the news, but what if they decided to incorporate My Unit into the story as saving Krom and is this masked dude. this would be a really dumb theory if a My Unit scan has already been out and identified

Now this was an unexpected twist. What's the point of the mask if he is just coming out and saying he is marth. I actually think the zombie theory is a good guess. All the zombies seem to have red eyes so hiding those eyes could be the purpose of the mask, it would also explain how he is alive after all these years. Or it could just be a descendant or someone else disguising themselves as marth, who knows. Or maybe he just doesn't want anyone other than krom recognizing him,I really have no idea.

that would contribute to the Roro factor that Celice was talking about

are there scans of My Unit out btw? i haven't really been keeping up with all the news, but what if they decided to incorporate My Unit into the story as saving Krom and is this masked dude. this would be a really dumb theory if a My Unit scan has already been out and identified

Yes. Heck in the intro we saw earlier, MU and Marth were onscreen at the same time. So, no MU is not the Marth imposter.

If this Marth is a fake, they must be a pretty good fake if they could save Krom from a zombie onslaught. Actually, zombies are pretty crap enemies and Krom is probably Level 1-5 around that time. Hmmm... I dunno anymore.

or the fake could just be getting carried by Falchion, that is if the sword he wields is truly the original Falchion and not a new gen forge or look a like

since this game is based in akaneia i wouldn't be surprised if they rehashed "a thief steals a legendary artifact" story, since after the original marth died, it's likely his followers enshrined his tomb with the falchion etc., an ideal target for thieves looking for treasure.

Edited by black.witty.kitty.ops

Marusu?

How about "Mars?" Could be a completely different person and/or completely different hero and/or completely different "legendary Falchion" reference.

Marusu?

How about "Mars?" Could be a completely different person and/or completely different hero and/or completely different "legendary Falchion" reference.

"Marusu" is also the katakana used for the original Marth's name. Also the game is set in Archanea (at least partially) and Krom is a descendant of Marth. So no way any of that is coincidental.

Does it bother anyone else how different "The Falchion" looks? It is only really similar in name at this point.

I noticed it, but there's also a Gold motif so that's enough to keep it similar. The blade itself looks similar, but the hilt/handlebar are whats different, generally.

Beware the image search kids. I assume you're referring to Gundam's "Full Frontal"?

Is there any other Full Frontal?

No, I'm honestly asking this. I don't think the name has been used outside of Gundam Unicorn. At least for a character's name.

Is there any other Full Frontal?

No, I'm honestly asking this. I don't think the name has been used outside of Gundam Unicorn. At least for a character's name.

In reference to a character? Maybe not.

In reference to doing a search of "Full Frontal" on google or any other search engine? Well, he's the first result as a character through google's "web search" that's for sure, however there may be cases of people switching to the image search since the first 2 results make no sense in this context and that particular result had some NSFW content there... hence "Beware the image search kids". Pretty much just clarifying that detail so this scenario can be avoided.

On-topic: I'll pass on speculating what the deal is with this masked "Marth". If the game took place just a few years after FE3, things would be so much easier.

Edited by Sirius

Does it bother anyone else how different "The Falchion" looks? It is only really similar in name at this point.

Considering the word falchion actually refers to a single edged sword that looks more like a cross between a meat cleaver and a scimitar than anything else, I'm not fussed.

Considering the word falchion actually refers to a single edged sword that looks more like a cross between a meat cleaver and a scimitar than anything else, I'm not fussed.

Haha, I know. "The Falchion" looks nothing like a real one.

In reference to a character? Maybe not.

In reference to doing a search of "Full Frontal" on google or any other search engine? Well, he's the first result as a character through google's "web search" that's for sure, however there may be cases of people switching to the image search since the first 2 results make no sense in this context and that particular result had some NSFW content there... hence "Beware the image search kids". Pretty much just clarifying that detail so this scenario can be avoided.

On-topic: I'll pass on speculating what the deal is with this masked "Marth". If the game took place just a few years after FE3, things would be so much easier.

Well, I did said 'Who' in the question, pretty much stating it's someone. But I guess I can see why one may look into the image search first.

Anyway, I guess anything regarding this masked guy could be made easier in regards to his Falchion. Is it a replica? Or truly another real one? Hmm...