Fire Emblem: Dimensional Rift

fuzz94

Yeah I see what you mean by that. I've kept that in mind. The text I have in right now is just a "backbone" I would say, because I want to keep the characters in personality.

One problem I will face are for characters that never talk i.e. Link and Isaac, but I think dealing with that won't be so hard. But that won't be a worry until I actually release a patch.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing I stopped hacking because if we both had Haar as Jeigans this would be awkward

I'm not going to comment on the mugs only because, well, I'd rather someone better than me make comments. But Haar's battlesprite needs pallette work. The image is kind of small so I can't pinpoint it, but it does need some work.

Yes it does. So does Zappa's. I knew that for the most part that everything was black so I just kinda went with it. I need to get my hands on a wyvern lord with axes battle sprite eventually.

... I like you.

Keep up that attitude. You might actually get somewhere with this.

Seconded. TBA told me when I asked him for permission, "When you absolutely need them, have progress, and everything else is done, then ask." Paraphrased. Anyway, that's always struck me as the best way to do things; that way the spriter knows they will at least get a patch or something out of it :3 The fact that you also subscribe to this kind of thinking shows that you're not a dumbass, unlike most people starting hacks. :) So more power to ya!

Edit: oh yeah and if you're planning on doing any more FE9 & 10 characters, I'm working on resizing most of the portraits just for spriting practice (and so that I can use them to get more interesting splice pieces for my own hack) so hit me up :3

Edited by Jubby

Thank you :) A few months back when I discovered ROM hacking and Serenes Forest, I saw all of these posts from new hackers about their ideas that were told to show some work. I learned fast that I needed to have some work done before going to the forums.

Well learning fast is another good thing :3 The fact that you have progress without asking for sprites once is quite good. Sooo keep it up, I guess, I haven't played any games other than FE that are featured here but I might give it a try when you release a demo :P

Thanks again! But you are wrong on one point. A little while back I had seen the Haar sprite on a sprite topic with, "This is old I don't care if you use it." So I asked and got permission for that one, but that's it.

So I hit a stand still with this at the moment because, despite having all sprites required, the event hacking is killing me.

The second chapter won't even load, just from my chapter one script being in place. It is known that FE8 disassembling and reassembling does not work well so I have to make my own events now.

The problem is I dont understand a bit of custom events so I'll try to learn and struggle through it for a while. I read the tutorials but I still don't really know what to do.

I'll try to teach myself and progress for now, but if anyone knows more about FE8 events and wants to give me a hand, then your help would be appreciated, otherwise I'll try and figure it out on my own.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that I barely did anything with this so far, and there really is no following to this right now, but because FE8 events = sad.gif...

I'm gonna start it over in FE7 instead... If anybody really cares

I got the interest, 'cause you got the actual progress. But you should only do what you want, how you want it. ROMhacking isn't, and never has been, about doing something to appease others. It's a self-originating hobby. Anyone who feels differently has a very skewed sense of being.

So it shouldn't matter "if anybody really cares."

Edited by Celice