[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forze del Male for Fa's battle theme? Interesting choice.

This is actually something that came up in my head: Long ago I remember you discussing plans about a crafting system. Is that still a goal you're planning to accomplish, or is it no longer planned? (Sorry if I missed a post mentioning it in the last 30 or so pages).

And I'm still hoping there's a max skill killing edge Swordmaster enemy somewhere, because why not.

Edited by Xtremekiwi

I thought player unit specific battle themes weren't possible in FE... at least according to Blazer's Ultimate Tutorial, which is admittedly rather old at this point. When did that change? I'd be interested to know how it was done for future reference (probably some fancy ASM that will be way above my level)...

Music sounds pretty good, even if Xehanort and Fa are complete opposites. Shiori's theme sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it...

Forze del Male for Fa's battle theme? Interesting choice.

This is actually something that came up in my head: Long ago I remember you discussing plans about a crafting system. Is that still a goal you're planning to accomplish, or is it no longer planned? (Sorry if I missed a post mentioning it in the last 30 or so pages).

And I'm still hoping there's a max skill killing edge Swordmaster enemy somewhere, because why not.

Yes, it *should* be included a forging system in the last patch. It all depends on Crazycolorz, who took on the task

I thought player unit specific battle themes weren't possible in FE... at least according to Blazer's Ultimate Tutorial, which is admittedly rather old at this point. When did that change? I'd be interested to know how it was done for future reference (probably some fancy ASM that will be way above my level)...

Music sounds pretty good, even if Xehanort and Fa are complete opposites. Shiori's theme sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it...

Ahahah yeah, they are opposites indeed. But they both use darkness in some way so...

As usual I choose the songs for how they sound rather than their background.

Anyway, that was made possible for FE7 last year and for FE8 two days ago. Yay!

Look forward to chapter-specific battle themes, too.

Interesting.

Shiori's other theme should be a fripside song. :P:

Wink wink

That's a pretty good sounding SRW track. Better than in OG2... did you rip midis from Endless Frontier and trim 'em by any chance?

On a related note, are you using that 12 midi track hack Agro and Brendor came up with? I know the FE7 one works fine, but as for FE8, no idea. Last I heard you were the preferred guinea pig!

*rewatch said video*.......................... All magics gonna have diferent ranges like FF10 redux?

Oh no. It's just the Norte tome that has a 2-3 range and low Mt.

That's a pretty good sounding SRW track. Better than in OG2... did you rip midis from Endless Frontier and trim 'em by any chance?

On a related note, are you using that 12 midi track hack Agro and Brendor came up with? I know the FE7 one works fine, but as for FE8, no idea. Last I heard you were the preferred guinea pig!

Thanks! No, I've just found this folder with a ton of SRT/SRW midis. They were already of pretty good quality.

And yes, I'm using that. It's working like a charm!

Edited by Alfred Kamon

The battle theme seems to start later than it should. If you want you can send the midi to me and I'd be happy to try and fix it for you.

Thank you, but it works fine imo. It may just be your impression because I disabled the map theme. There's a tiiiiiiiny pause that usually serves for having a clean transition between the map theme and the battle theme. But it's basically inexistent?

Look for yourself.

486756d86adbe3d69fc214e583976464.png

It's the game that processes the battle theme after the actual battle begins. That's because, as I said earlier, it has to make sure there's a clean transition between the map theme and the battle theme.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Thank you, but it works fine imo. It may just be your impression because I disabled the map theme. There's a tiiiiiiiny pause that usually serves for having a clean transition between the map theme and the battle theme. But it's basically inexistent?

Look for yourself.

486756d86adbe3d69fc214e583976464.png

It's the game that processes the battle theme after the actual battle begins. That's because, as I said earlier, it has to make sure there's a clean transition between the map theme and the battle theme.

It's because the staff starts with a rest. In my personal opinion I think the transition would sound less awkward if you allocated the rest to another beat in the measure, or composed something simple where the rest is now (like maybe 2 octave Ds in the bass). Obviously up to you though.