FEXNA (Currently In Private Beta)

BwdYeti

Just throwing this out there, you could easily in FEXNA and Rom-modding set an "if unit dies" condition and then when they die, load a replacement stronger version for advanced boss fights.

Fuck, actually that's a SUPER good idea.

You mean, like in Super Thracia 776's Raufei?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY123BfDLGg

OH HELL YES.

Edited by Kysafen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that's a list of which Yeticorp animations are available for public use. Only the ones in the top group are available for edits, though, so you can change his Pirate to a sword unit, but you can't change his Halberdier to have a different style of armor. Other custom sprites, like for Lord, Phalanx, Justice, etc., currently have no public permissions.

I really hope all of Yeti's animations will be in FEXNA for us, because..Well, seriously, it's hard to not see his class in a Fire Emblem game now; they're all so cool :)

As for the lords and the final boss, it's logic to not release them. Even thought I like Uther too haha. (I don't know how you had the idea/imagination to design all of these animations, but that's astonishing!)

As far as the non-unique classes go (so Shaman/Scholar/Zweihander etc...) for him to provide them would be fantastic. But I'd understand if he didn't. Being able to add tons more diversity to classes by default will be really beneficial for projects.

although integrated dlc to support yeti would be cool too

I understand why Yeti isn't releasing the Lords and the other unique classes, and I totally accept that, but why is he even hesitating to release the others? It would be so beneficial to so many projects if all these custom classes could be used and edited, and Yeti really isn't losing anything by making them all free to use, so why not? All the non-unique classes like Phalanx, Justice, Zweihander, etc. should be released and made editable.

Edited by GamerX51

I understand why Yeti isn't releasing the Lords and the other unique classes, and I totally accept that, but why is he even hesitating to release the others? It would be so beneficial to so many projects if all these custom classes could be used and edited, and Yeti really isn't losing anything by making them all free to use, so why not? All the non-unique classes like Phalanx, Justice, Zweihander, etc. should be released and made editable.

It might be that releasing those animations to the public would take some extra work Yeti hasn't scheduled yet, but if it's a quick-ish thing then misuse might be a concern.

Yeti made the animations himself. He can do what he wants with them. Seriously, he put almost a month's effort into some of these animations, if he chooses to release or not release some, that's up to him. I mean, he gave us Halberdier, Soldier, and plenty of other great animations. All of his animations though are generally released F2U, but only for use in his engines. I imagine if he releases more, it will be under similar conditions.

Also, the implication that he's being greedy and has no plans to release them is just silly. Who's to say he isn't planning to release a few or a bunch of them with the release of FEXNA?

Yeti made the animations himself. He can do what he wants with them. Seriously, he put almost a month's effort into some of these animations, if he chooses to release or not release some, that's up to him. I mean, he gave us Halberdier, Soldier, and plenty of other great animations. All of his animations though are generally released F2U, but only for use in his engines. I imagine if he releases more, it will be under similar conditions.

Also, the implication that he's being greedy and has no plans to release them is just silly. Who's to say he isn't planning to release a few or a bunch of them with the release of FEXNA?

Why is there not a "like" or "favorite" option for posts

Thank you sir

Because he made them and he can do as he wishes. If people post stuff like this they just look like entitled asses and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes less interested in releasing his stuff every time someone posts something like this :B

Out of curiosity, but could the user make the necessary modifications so that the crit roll is done (and the crit animation played if successful) before the hit roll?

My main interest in having crits able to miss is that, while the chance of a hit crit remains unchanged, waiting for the hit to happen or not will be even tenfold tenser, specially if it's an enemy with low accuracy that starts a crit animation.

I know Yeti put a lot of hard work into all those animations, and of course he does have the right to do what he wants with them. I never said that I thought Yeti was "being greedy" nor did I ever pretend to know what his release schedule is in regards to FEXNA or anything else.

I was simply making the point that it would be extremely beneficial to all involved if Yeti would release them all F2U, and that the risk to his intellectual property rights would be minimal.

<Edit> Why can't I quote a previous post in my replies? I Just tried to quote Klok's reply earlier in the thread and for some reason, the editor won't let me.

Edited by GamerX51

Out of curiosity, but could the user make the necessary modifications so that the crit roll is done (and the crit animation played if successful) before the hit roll?

Yes. The question you should be asking, though, is

Out of curiosity, but would it be reasonable to make the necessary modifications so that the crit roll is done (and the crit animation played if successful) before the hit roll?

But the answer is still yes. Right now, the crit check happens inside the hit check (or maybe it just requires that it's a hit, but I kinda doubt that), but you can separate them easily. You don't even need to make the crit check come first for what you want, though there may be some various places that currently ensure a crit also means a hit. Shouldn't be hard to locate them with a quick search.

EDIT: I may as well weigh in on the graphics license issue because why not

Saying, "Yeti already made these graphics, why doesn't he make them freely available for everyone?" is the same as saying, "x artist made these graphics, why don't they make them freely available for everyone?" I know someone that says that any music on Youtube is available for any of their projects. But we see in the community all the time that when you go out and use a graphic that isn't yours, it's considered theft. Now why do you suppose such protections exist at all...? Think about it☆

It's through Klok's payment (which may not even be complete yet lol) that FEXNA will be making a public release. So if you want to be assured access to more of Yeti's sprites, it may be worth bringing some coin to the table.

Edited by 47948201

My main interest in having crits able to miss is that, while the chance of a hit crit remains unchanged, waiting for the hit to happen or not will be even tenfold tenser, specially if it's an enemy with low accuracy that starts a crit animation.

(I'm actually planning to have crits that don't hit myself for the intensity spike, but some animations need edited first)

Sounds like a config bool '3'

In some cases it might make the uhhh what's it called that thing that's all if hit list add whatever else blah blah animations and spells and for some reason single gender map sprites that sounds kinda like it wants an editor tab since there's not the same kind of assured overlap between people adding animations and those who would change that thing and, say, those that edit skill data and skill effects right now.

With the talk of the battle-animations, it got me wondering about the stance on the generic mugs for classes, to which I'm curious if they're available for us to use in FEXNA, or if we'll have to make our own.

Operation: Generic Rainbow aims to create a publicly available set of consistent face sprites representing generic members of GBAFE classes, as well as classes added in FE7x. Its like that rainbow of faceless soldier guys, except also every other class! These resources would be made free to use for fan-games and hack projects (with proper attribution to the original artists, of course).

c'mon breh, it's in the first post of the rainbow thread

Edited by Chocolate Kitty

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, so I just found something I'm more interested in than FEIV...

Well, I'm definitely going to love this. As someone who would rather have normal code than the impossible to guess what it means without learning it extensively and memorizing it and stuff ASM code, this would be perfect for me. Easier than Nightmare in every single category (that I've seen) makes it worth the wait for me. I just hope I'll be... um... non-lazy enough to actually make a 'game' once it's released.

That, and I'll need to work on sprites and practice coding. Haven't ever sprited EVER (and my art is not very good) and I haven't coded in a while.

Wait, nevermind I'll just have my sister create the sprites. Now to just work on coding :D

Well, anyway, I'm definitely excited for this. You say a public beta will be released this year, and if that's true then I'd better start brainstorming so I actually have something to do in FEXNA. This is clearly a very, VERY well thought out program (and is, in my opinion, definitely better than ROM hacking) so I will be watching this thread for a release. I don't even have any questions, because you've answered literally everything I was unsure about earlier.

Finally, now that I've posted here, a discussion may form. I hope that's the case. ;):