Rey's FE13 Save Hacking Adventures

shadowofchaos

Just throwing ideas out.

You know about RAM2SAV for Pokemon XY/ORAS? I noticed somebody on GBATemp made something similar for Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Makes me wonder if something would be feasible for Awakening. As in, it would be nice if we could dump/inject the RAM with just the browser exploit.

EDIT: I PM'd SciresM

Edited by VincentASM

I mentioned a similar idea a while back. A Chinese group was doing a fan translation that method as well. The RAM injector/modifier ought to work for any title.

EDIT: Or I might be misunderstanding what you're mentioning.

Edited by Celice

Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that. Although I dunno if the two methods are related.

The way RAM2SAV works is by using the browser exploit to dump RAM to your SD card and re-inject it if necessary.

In any case, SciresM replied and said they might give Awakening a look.

My findings on combining a Hard Mode save from a different "cartridge" save set:

Renaming the save slots into other ones *DOES* work.

Such as importing Belinda's file from a Hard Mode backup as a Chapter2 (Third Save File) into my LP save set.

Each save slot can be different sizes.

Replacing a section causes a freeze/black screen on load.

0x80 to 0xC0 from the Hard Mode Belinda file to my "Rey" Normal LP save.

• 3 months later...

Hi im new here and I was hoping to learn more about hacking Fire Emblem Awakening

Is it possible to modify your characters and inventory using this method? I've tried it and and gotten nowhere but I've used this exploit on other games and it went smoothly. I can experiment more but its such a hassle since I have to work around 'ctr is broken'.

I can see in the other thread that the ram hacking method works really well. Im using gateway 3ds, is ram hacking or ar codes are possible on gateway?

RAM hacking is possible using the regular cartridge, the eShop version, or Gateway, as long as you have 9.2-9.4 firmware.

I suggest RAM hacking more, considering how this method was never really figured out.

The save data is ciphered, or at least it appears so.

Can I have a mod lock this topic, please?

AFAIK, most of the important stuff in already in the RAM (and then some*), so there's litle-to-no reason to edit the harder-to-crack save file ^^

* There are even whole files from the ROM.