Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn

Mage Knight 404

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This hack is looking great! But if you could added a female shaman or a female hero, then I would be VERY happy. ^_^ Also, W00t for Edward!

Well, I'll make you half happy at least, because I plan to have a female shaman in the place of Knoll.

I believe that FE8 does have the Shaman(F) animation tucked away somewhere. If not, it only requires the animation to be imported into the game (assuming it works, unlike when trying to do the same in FE7, unless that's been resolved since I last checked) to work, which isn't much of a challenge these days. As for the Hero(F), MageKnight404 never said anything about one being in the hack.

Er-hem.

JoshMageCrit.png

Experimenting when your Mage animation crashes can be fun.

Actually, I just fixed one instance and, well...this happens with a long range critical, proving that Josh is better than your average Mage.

Because I can:

FEASDScrns5x.png

At last, Chapter 5x.

Jarod plots to get a hold of Josh, but he won't have that. When he hears rumors of his homeland besieged by Grado, Josh decides to capture Renvall in hopes of allowing his family to escape. His best pal and Julie's love interest, timid Ryan, and spunky Iris team up to help. Along with him is Levail, who joined Renais's platoon not long ago. But, will Renais regret that decision...?

Just as much as Julie likes Will, Josh likes Brenner from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, as he uses his catch phrase to rally his party.

That teaser video might be ready by Christmas, and now, I can go back to the FE7 hack. Cross your fingers...

Edited by Mage Knight 404

Great screens as always. The thing sticking out for me is Levail. I haven't played very far into FE10, but I'm pretty sure he's not that big. His face sprite looks huge compared to other people's (his face, body looks fine).

I'm glad the Halberdier sprite worked out well as well as Josh and the female social knight. Keep up the good work.

Captain Falcon: Alice and Leo will be Snipers, while Ryan will be your only Ranger. And yeah, the Halberdier is a modified Ephraim..because it's the only feasible animation. =P

FA: I've been getting that impression, too. I'll probably give him a bit of a fix after I finish the video...or before, if I have spare time. Christmas break just started, so loads of time, hoorah~

Ho boy. I get the feeling Levail will be the Orson of this game. Why, MK404?! Why did you give the only other attractive non-Zelgius soldier of Begnion such a small role?! Why?! :(

And oh dear, once this patch is complete I'm gonna have a swell time beating the crap out of Jarod again. I can't forgive him for what he did to my Volug!

IOS: Supports will be done on the same fashion as with the FE7 hack. Only a select few will be worked on during the main work of it. After the completion of this, supports will be gradually worked on for both ROM hacks.

If I boost her strength any higher, she'll outclass Russ. Class changing will get her Con back to 9, and I really thought 9 Base Con for female cavaliers were too much.

Well, you can admit that it's better than a Pegasus Knight.

Russ's: HP: 80%, Str: 55%, Skill: 55%, Spd: 45%, Luck: 35%, Def: 35%, Res: 20%

Iris's: HP: 70%, Str: 45%, Skill: 55%, Spd: 60%, Luck: 50%, Def: 30%, Res: 35%

In the long run, Russ will beat out Iris anyway. But, again, this is meant to who you want to use, not just who's better than who.

Well if Russ beats out Iris anyways, an extra 1-2 strength for Iris should help balance things out :D

I'm probably annoying you talking about this before you've even released a patch, so sorry if I am. Just that after reading Iris's Adventures, I've taken a liking to her and want her to be up to par with the rest of the group.

Would you liked it if I listed her bases and Russ's?

Russ(Ch. 2)
Lv. 3 Cavalier
HP: 5/23 Str: 8
Skill: 9 Spd: 9
Luck: 4 Def: 7
Res: 1 Con: 9
----
Inventory: Iron Sword (E) 46/46, Iron Lance 45/45, Vulnerary 3/3
----
Weapon Lv.: Sword: D, Lance: D
Affinity: Fire

Iris(Ch. 5x)
Lv. 6 Cavalier
HP: 24/24 Str: 8
Skill: 12 Spd: 13
Luck: 10 Def: 8
Res: 4 Con: 7
----
Inventory: Iron Sword (E) 46/46, Iron Lance 45/45, Javelin 25/25, Vulnerary 3/3
----
Weapon Lv.: Sword: C, Lance: D
Affinity: Fire

If you think so after this, then I guess I probably will boost her strength.

Also, after reading Iris's Adventure, doesn't everyone? :3

Edited by Mage Knight 404

This is pretty weird doing a comparision when I don't know enemy stats, rate of experience, or difficulty of chapters but what the hell I'll do a comparision at Chapter 8.

Russ 11/0: 29 HP/12 Str/13 Skl/13 Spd/7 Lck/10 Def/3 Res/9 Con

Iris 8/0: 25 HP/9 Str/13 Skl/15 Spd/11 Lck/9 Def/5 Res/7 Con

Russ has a pretty sizable HP/Str/Con lead, while Iris's main advantages are in Spd, Lck, and Res. Moving on to before promotion:

Russ 20/0: 37 HP/17 Str/18 Skl/17 Spd/10 Lck/13 Def/4 Res/9 Con

Iris 18/0: 32 HP/13 Str/19 Skl/20 Spd/16 Lck/12 Def/8 Res/7 Con

Iris wins in more stats, but there's a 5 HP/4 Str/1 Def/2 Con gap which is probably more significant then 1 Skl/3 Spd/6 Lck/4 Res, as Russ *probably* won't have hitting or doubling issues. Although they are more equal then I thought, I think a small boost in strength would help even things out a bit more.

Support wise, they have the same affinity and similar affinities in their support buddies.

And of course, Iris in the hack's average 20/0 Stats vs. her 20/0 Stats in the comic:

Hack: 34 HP/14 Str/20 Skl/20 Spd/17 Lck/12 Def/9 Res

Comic: 32 HP/16 Str/18 Skl/20 Spd/17 Lck/13 Def/7 Res

Take a point off skill or res and put it into strength to make her more true to her source material :D