Two new scans

Thanks goes to Vince, as always ^^

Page 1

Page 2

New info:

• Prologue chapter: Takes place a few years before the start of the original game. Aritia castle has been invaded and Marth must escape to safety. Players can also learn the basic controls here.
  • Sidestories: Like in earlier games, completion of special requirements in certain chapters grants access to "gaiden" chapters, which are an aside to the main story. New characters such as Etzel can be recruited in these chapters.
  • Master Seals: These items are used to promote most characters when they are Level 10 or over. However they will be limited in number (although I'm guessing they might change this for the English versions like in Radiant Dawn).
  • Class Swap: A new feature that allows players to directly change a character's class. The character's Level and Experience remains the same, but their other stats (such as HP, Strength and Skill) can change, as well as their weapon proficiency. There seems to be a limitation to how many of one class you can have, so don't expect to have a full army of Myrmidons, for example.

Edited by Celice

That's kind of interesting, but... I hope they don't screw over and mess up my idea of "Fire Emblem". I rather have unique characters that are unique because of their class... I don't want to have Sheeda become an archer and Marich become an axefighter. >_>

I'm excited for the game to come out, and yet I'm scared to death of what it may bring...

That's kind of interesting, but... I hope they don't screw over and mess up my idea of "Fire Emblem". I rather have unique characters that are unique because of their class... I don't want to have Sheeda become an archer and Marich become an axefighter. >_>

I'm excited for the game to come out, and yet I'm scared to death of what it may bring...

Well it's optional... nothing said that you NEED to use.

Exactly >.> I'm looking forward to it for further replayability ^^ Also, if hell indeed swallows us whole, Priests may still only gain experience through battle. How are you going to raise your healers :( pleas IS, you're smarter than that

Exactly >.> I'm looking forward to it for further replayability ^^ Also, if hell indeed swallows us whole, Priests may still only gain experience through battle. How are you going to raise your healers :( pleas IS, you're smarter than that

yup... I hope staves give EXP...

Does it works on Marth??... I'm wondering... but I'm sure that it doesn't.

I looking forward in some Code Breaker/Action Replay to create my mercenary Army :rolleyes:

I hope they put the base... I REALLY hate buying things on map...

Edited by Gemini-Saga

It depends. If they input big jumps like these they had BETTER BACK THEM UP. For example, if you can swap classes then it should basically be like they were that class all along. I mean, character art and everything. I know this means A LOT OF WORK but it'd be worth it. Anything less is a wasted effort in my opinion.

It depends. If they input big jumps like these they had BETTER BACK THEM UP. For example, if you can swap classes then it should basically be like they were that class all along. I mean, character art and everything. I know this means A LOT OF WORK but it'd be worth it. Anything less is a wasted effort in my opinion.

Let's see, why is what you suggesting unlikely?

Oh yeah, most of the time Promotions don't get an art overhaul, let alone having to do the arts of every character 20 some odd times.

Aside from my previous dismounting statement, the addition of Class Swap allows for more modified and varied teams in Wi-Fi vs. modes. Which many were making comments of being dull and boring. Now is a tiny iota less dull and boring now that the teams can have the same five characters in five different classes.

I said it'd be a lot of work. It's not like I didn't know what I was saying. They'd get a lot of negative criticism because the effort you put in isn't taken into account. It's what's taken out. Plus, we don't know how much weed Masamune is on. He could be speed drawing like fucking crazy. I'm just saying it'd be a lot better (and realistic) if they backed their shit up.

Edited by Kyrra

The artist for official art isn't drawing the characters, as if that wasn't obvious enough. I don't think the series has ever shared that aspect of mugshots and art.

And it's stupid to make art for every single possibility for every single character. If memory serves, let's say they can go into any class--five people. Simple algebra shows how wasteful labor would be, not to mention the price. With only a month to do--that's a little wantful.

The release date: August 7th. And the game should be done at the very, very least a week, better for two, before then. Last couple months are generally for publication sales, and last minute code quirks and fixes. Rarely is a good game worked on until the last minute.

Edited by Celice

oi! who cares about other mugs? there's other things more important to worry about.

suppose that when you change class you have a higher stat in a category than the cap of the new class.

would those points be lost?

Edited by Bianchi

Yeah, I find the class swap very un-fire emblem, so here's what I want them to do:

1: A special item is used when class swapping, and these are limited in number

or

2: Class swapping is Wi-Fi only

But that dosn't really matter, after all, you can choose not to use it.

The return of sidequests, however, is something I'm really happy about. This means they probably WILL do a special Camus ending (showing how he survives the game and becomes Sirius) in the same way they did the special Neargal ending in FE7. Also, I think Etzel may be a shaman, as he reminds me a lot of Canas (his appearence, being recruited from a sidequest chapter, etc.)

Hopefully for the Class Swap you won't be able to make a Knight into, say, a Healer person. They better make it so that the class swaps seem possible for that character.

Hopefully for the Class Swap you won't be able to make a Knight into, say, a Healer person. They better make it so that the class swaps seem possible for that character.

Considering that the only shown example is a Priest gone Myrmidon and Cavalier... >.>

Considering that the only shown example is a Priest gone Myrmidon and Cavalier... >.>

But they have different colored hair, they're different people.

Also, I can't read their names, who are they?

But they have different colored hair, they're different people.

Also, I can't read their names, who are they?

The example shown at the bottom of the page is Riff with a Myrmidon statset and Riff with a Cavalier statset when Riff is, in FE1, a Priest.

The other three characters shown on the page (with true art) are Nabaru (Navarre, Myrmidon, black hair), Marich (Mage, Blue hat), and Minerba (Minerva, Dragon Rider, Red Hair).

Edited by Rakath

Well, its an easy mistake to make...

I kinda wish the people that could read the pages made note of what each part of the page was reference to... I can roughguess some of it by the pictures but since I'm illiterate...