Resignation

Popo

Hey, everyone. :) I just wanted to take a moment and officially announce my resignation from the staff. (Sorry for going ahead with this Josh, but you failed to get back to me and have essentially ignored me for the last three weeks.)

I feel that it is in the site's best interest for me to relinquish my current position as a moderator due to extremely low activity levels on my part, and a general lack of interest in the forums. I honestly don't come here nearly as often as I should, primarily due to waning interest and school, and have grown rather apathetic towards both the Fire Emblem fandom and SF community alike. Many of the users I previously enjoyed talking to no longer post here, or post here infrequently, and as I get older, I find it increasingly more difficult to connect with the target member-base. I know I wasn't here for very long--not even a year--but I enjoyed getting to know you all. Thanks for giving me a chance.

At this point, I know some of you are probably wondering who will be taking care of the badges and graphics for the site. To be honest, I don't have an answer. If anyone wants to step up and try their hand at making badges, go for it. Present them to the staff, post them--preferably not in this thread--around the site, make a new topic, etc. I'll still be updating my art thread, but I currently don't have the time or interest in working on graphics. (Especially when there are members out their who have way more talent and expertise in this area than I do.) ;D

Edited by Popo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Are you still going to pop in once in a while when your not actually busy?

If so then, I guess it's safe to say good luck I guess. Despite the fact that I don't really know you TBQH...

I'm sure I'll stop by occasionally, for one reason or another. :3

(Especially when there are members out their who have way more talent and expertise in this area than I do.) ;D

No need to be humble. But anyway, I have a feeling that this subject won't fully resurface until we get a new skin.

In before we're supposed to make a skin, too.

Enjoy your retirement, Popo. :newyears:

Edited by TheEnd

Well, you know what I think of this whole situation, Popo, considering we've been talking about it for over a month. I will obviously still see you on Facebook and Mercury Ice, and YIM of course, and I wish you the best in your college conquests. I'm sure Josh realized he lost a good mod in you.

Edited by Crystal Shards

Congrats on your hard work, Popo.

Boo on you, Josh, for blatantly and willingly ignoring this. Again.

Chris, shut the fuck up. She basically had her mind made up from the start: Anything I said, wouldn't have changed her decision. I know, because I tried, originally.

And Popo, you know I don't want you to leave. I respect your decision though, which is basically why I never responded after our initial conversation. I figured, if you were going to really resign, it was up to you to make the initiative and do it.

Chris, shut the fuck up. She basically had her mind made up from the start: Anything I said, wouldn't have changed her decision. I know, because I tried, originally.

And it's your job to respect that. I didn't say to change it. I said that she's been talking about it for a month and a half, and finally resigned three weeks ago. So I will not shut the fuck up.

Are you serious? She sent you multiple messages. You hoped this would go away.

You're either disingenuous or incompetent. Pick one.

EDIT: Where's Popo's last post?

Edited by Superbus

Get your facts straight. We discussed this up until the 2nd. After then, the chain of messages stopped, because I didn't really see anything that I needed to reply to. On the 14th, she sent me a message saying that we never really finished discussing it, but as I felt the discussion was pretty much over anyways (I have no idea what she wanted to discuss further, she already made up her mind about resigning...) I never responded. I figured she'd just resign soon after that and it would be done with.

As for her last post, she deleted it.

And Popo, you know I don't want you to leave. I respect your decision though, which is basically why I never responded after our initial conversation. I figured, if you were going to really resign, it was up to you to make the initiative and do it.

(I deleted it because shortly after posting, I saw your edit.)

I did make the initiative--I contacted you, and expressed my desire to leave. If contacting the root administrator isn't taking initiative, I really don't know what is. I don't mean to lecture you, but you barely reacted to my message. I can't even call your attempts to "convince me to stay" halfhearted, because they were nonexistent. You basically said, "Yeah... things aren't going to change around here..." and let the dialogue between us die on the table. The least you could have done was give me your blessing, or even just demote me outright. Anything to show that we were in agreement and that the issue had been resolved.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this. I've announced my retirement, and will surely be demoted soon.

Get your facts straight. We discussed this up until the 2nd. After then, the chain of messages stopped, because I didn't really see anything that I needed to reply to. On the 14th, she sent me a message saying that we never really finished discussing it, but as I felt the discussion was pretty much over anyways (I have no idea what she wanted to discuss further, she already made up her mind about resigning...) I never responded. I figured she'd just resign soon after that and it would be done with.

As for her last post, she deleted it.

You know what? I've had it with being double talked to like I'm some johnny-come-lately 14 year old asking where Marth and Roy are. You're fucking hopeless. Toss off.

I did make the initiative--I contacted you, and expressed my desire to leave. If contacting the root administrator isn't taking initiative, I really don't know what is. I don't mean to lecture you, but you barely reacted to my message. I can't even call your attempts to "convince me to stay" halfhearted, because they were nonexistent. You basically said, "Yeah... things aren't going to change around here..." and let the dialogue between us die on the table. The least you could have done was give me your blessing, or even just demote me outright. Anything to show that we were in agreement and that the issue had been resolved.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this. I've announced my retirement, and will surely be demoted soon.

Initiative in my book is making your resignation topic, like this.

Look, I told you, we have nobody to replace you, hoping that would change your mind. It didn't, and you gave more excuses, like the age and attitudes of the memberbase. I admitted that those may pose problems, and they likely won't change anytime soon. What else am I supposed to say? If I said any more, it would have likely pissed you off, because I was NOT happy with you wanting to resign. I chose to remain silent, and now you guys are all chastising me for keeping my fucking mouth shut to avoid making people angry? You can all screw off, in that case.

"Keeping your mouth shut to avoid making people angry" is not something you, as the root administrator, should be doing.

Telling the root administrator what to do is not something that you, as a member, should be doing.

And just as a note, 'people' referred only to Popo, and anyone she discussed it with. Not the memberbase.

"Keeping your mouth shut to avoid making people angry" is not something you, as the root administrator, should be doing.

Telling the root administrator what to do is not something that you, as a member, should be doing.

And just as a note, 'people' referred only to Popo, and anyone she discussed it with. Not the memberbase.

You really shouldn't have the right to call yourself a root until you act like one.

Also, I call bullshit for two reasons: one, your members own you. Two, he didn't tell you what to do. He told you what you shouldn't be doing. And he's fucking right.

Edited by Crystal Shards

Initiative in my book is making your resignation topic, like this.

Look, I told you, we have nobody to replace you, hoping that would change your mind. It didn't, and you gave more excuses, like the age and attitudes of the memberbase. I admitted that those may pose problems, and they likely won't change anytime soon. What else am I supposed to say? If I said any more, it would have likely pissed you off, because I was NOT happy with you wanting to resign. I chose to remain silent, and now you guys are all chastising me for keeping my fucking mouth shut to avoid making people angry? You can all screw off, in that case.

You're joking, right? Have you seen me get mad, Josh? Have I ever lashed out at you? No. There's nothing you could have said in that situation to anger me to the point where it would have been necessary to stay silent. Don't accuse me of making bullshit excuses when you're the one struggling to cover your own ass. I wanted to leave here amicably--honestly, I did--but it looks like that's not going to be the case. Once again, your gigantic fucking ego and inability to swallow your pride and man-up has hindered your ability to show any humility or signs of rational thinking. How many times has this happened again? How many people have left you, this site, or both because of your behavior? Think about that one.

Peace Out. I'm done.

To the rest of you? Thanks for the warm wishes--I appreciate it. :)

See ya. And this thread is finished. Look, you started this by getting Chris on my ass with that one line in your initial post. You wanted to leave here amicably? Bullshit. You wouldn't have posted that line then. And accusing me of not being able to man up? Look, I'll say what I wanted to say when you first approached me about the subject:

Look, we've lost how many moderators in the past few months, and now you want to leave, simply because the forums no longer interest you, and the people are basically too childish for your likings? I don't think you understand the fact that, we don't have a pool of replacement staff just sitting around waiting to be picked from. Every time we lose staff, it hurts, even if they weren't AS active as they should have been. If you realize this, you still want to leave? That settles it then, you care nothing for this board, or any of it's members, so I'm not even certain having you as a moderator in the first place was a wise decision. Chris recommended you, but then again Chris recommended Fox as well, and we see how well THAT turned out.

----------------

Now that I've said that, the NEXT person that accuses me of letting my ego get in the way, or being unable to man up, is getting their ass kicked. I don't give a shit who you are, but I'm running the place, and I'm sick of all the fucking talk back. If you don't like it, get the fuck out. If you just want to hang out and discuss the Fire Emblem series, or whatever else we have forums here for, please, be my guest, and make yourselves at home. BUT, if you intend to backseat moderate, call me names, or otherwise disrespect me, I'm going to knock the shit out of you, and make your stay here the most unpleasant one you've ever had.

Actually, I think I'll let the thread stay open. I don't feel like closing it, and part of me hopes someone disregards my warning.

Also, @ Crystal, as we've seen with Blacken, being RIGHT doesn't mean jack shit if you're a dick. And I'm sorry, but Angelix always strikes me as a conceited dick in his posts.