The Lost Supports of Awakening

The Geek

So, in Awakening, just about anyone can support with just about anyone else. But what about those cases where you would think that two characters can support, but they actually can't.

Well. This is the thread to fix that! I have some set supports I want to do, but you guys are free to request some supports if you want.

Currently planned supports:

Chrom supports with all girls recruited before Chapter 11 (Miriel, Panne, Cordelia, Nowi, Tharja, and maybe Anna)

Sumia supports with all the men in the usual pairing pool (Virion, Vaike, Stahl, Kellam, Lon'qu, Ricken, Gregor, Libra, and Donnel)

More non-romantic supports to round it out so that every character has 3. Some already planned ones are:

Sumia/Olivia

Lucina/F!Morgan

I would do supports for the Spotpass crew, but there's already at least one other person doing that.

A note on format. Dialogue is plain text, the text within the asterisks is the sprite that would be used in that situation. If someone could point me to a place where I could get the actual ripped sprites, that would be wonderful.

Let's get started, shall we. I now present:

CHROM/THARJA SUPPORTS

Just a side note, since these supports would have to be earned in the space between Tharja's recruitment in Chapter 9 and the end of Chapter 11, Chrom is currently in super revenge mode, which is why he's so angry in these supports.

Support C

Chrom: *neutral* Hey, Tharja was it?

Tharja: *neutral* What do you want?

Chrom: I want to ask you something.

Tharja: What?

Chrom: *glare* Why did he do it? Why did Gangrel want my sister dead? You're Plegian, you must have some idea.

Tharja: You expect me to understand the inner workings of a madman's mind just because we share the same homeland? *smiling* How typical of someone from Ylisse.

Chrom: And what is that supposed to mean?

Tharja: *neutral* Only that what I've always been taught about Ylisseans was true. You're all conceited fools who only think of us Plegians as worthless barbarians.

Chrom: Is that what it is, then: prejudice?

Tharja: You could say that. It's kind of hard to forgive the people who ravaged your homeland for years.

Chrom: *shouting* EMMERYN WASN'T MY FATHER!

Tharja: *cringing* Well, just like you thought that me and Gangrel were the same because we're Plegian, there's some of us who find it hard to distinguish one Exalt from another. *neutral* And you aren't helping me see a difference either. *leaves*

Chrom: ... *worried* Gods, what's happening to me?

We continue!

Chrom/Tharja B

Chrom: *worried* Hey, uh, Tharja?

Tharja: *neutral* What?

Chrom: I wanted to apologize for my assumptions earlier. It wasn't fair of me to assume that you shared values with Gangrel just because of your homeland. I'm sorry.

Tharja: Well this is unexpected. I guess I can forgive your... insensitivity.

Chrom: *smiling* Thank you, Tharja. Hearing that takes a load off my mind. I won't bother you any more. *leaves*

Tharja: ... *cringing* Wait.

Chrom: *neutral* Huh?

Tharja: It wasn't just Gangrel that wanted your sister dead; most Plegians did. At least, they thought they did.

Chrom: *glaring* And you?

Tharja: *neutral* Me? I didn't care either way. I was too young to remember any of the things your father did. But others, they did care; they hated the line of the Exalt with every fiber of their being. You wouldn't want to know the kind of names they used to refer to your family.

Chrom: So this war... everything that's happened is because of their hate for my father?

Tharja: Pretty much. I'd imagine your people will feel the same way once news of their precious Exalt's death reaches their ears.

Chrom: ...No.

Tharja: Huh?

Chrom: I won't let that happen. The cycle of hate has to stop or our countries will be caught in a never-ending war! No matter what happens, I will make them understand that this wasn't the will of the Plegian people! Thank you, Tharja. You've opened my eyes to the bigger problem here. *leaves*

Tharja: *blush* ... *smiling* Well. I guess I HAVE to make sure he sticks around now.

• 2 weeks later...

I HAVE RETURNED!

And now it is time for:

Chrom/Tharja A

Chrom: *smiling* Hey Tharja, thanks for having my back last battle.

Tharja: *smiling* Oh, it's no trouble. Can't have our leader dropping dead on us, can we?

Chrom: *neutral* Uh, okay... Anyway, you deserve a rest, you should probably get some sleep.

Tharja: *neutral* I could say the same about you. You've barely slept throughout this campaign.

Chrom: *cringing* What? How did you...

Tharja: ... *smiling* I have my methods.

Chrom: (Gods, is this how Robin feels?)

Tharja: *neutral* What was that?

Chrom: Er... nothing! I was just going to go to bed.

Tharja: *smiling* Good. Do you need me to tuck you in?

Chrom: *cringing* *blushing* Er, no! Not at all! I... well... See you! *leaves*

Tharja: *smiling* *blushing* Hee hee! I really am growing quite fond of him.

• 1 month later...

THE EPIC FINALE IS HERE!

Tharja/Chrom S

Chrom: *glaring* ... Tharja.

Tharja: *blushing* Oh! Um... hello.

Chrom: You've been following me ever since we had that discussion that one day.

Tharja: *cringing* *blushing* Oh. Sorry, I'll just be going then.

Chrom: No! Stop!

Tharja: What?

Chrom: *blushing* Tharja... Talking to you has given me a better view of this whole catastrophe, and made me better than I was.

Tharja: What are you saying?

Chrom: *cringing* Well, I... Tharja, I love you and I want you to marry me!

Tharja: ...What?

Chrom: I need you. The fallout from this war will be more than I can handle alone. Join me and we can make sure that neither Ylisse nor Plegia need to suffer. Take this, and marry me please.

Tharja: A royal signet ring of Ylisse.

Chrom: Will you?

Tharja: *smiling* *blushing* Well... I do rather like you, and Queen Tharja does have a nice ring to it. Yes, Chrom, I will.

Chrom: *smiling* *blushing* Thank you, Tharja. I will devote myself to you just as much as I am to my kingdom.

Tharja: Good. If you hadn't, things could've gotten... ugly. Hee hee hee.

Chrom: *frowning* Um, Tharja? Dear?

• 1 month later...

Inspired by some discussion in one of the many shipping threads in the Awakening section, I bring you: Sumia/Virion!

Sumia: *eyes closed* Alright... here I go. *determined* Time to find out what today has in store for me.

Virion: *neutral* Pardon me.

Sumia: *cringing* EEK! Oh... *neutral* It's you... um.

Virion: *smiling* Virion is the name you seek dear lady.

Sumia: *neutral* Oh, um, okay then. Was there something you needed?

Virion: I was told that you, like myself, are accomplished in the art of divination.

Sumia: Huh? Oh, do you mean my flower fortunes?

Virion: The very same. I was hoping to learn more about it. Would you do the honor of giving me a demonstration?

Sumia: *smiling* Of course! Wow, I haven't had anyone else interested in my flower fortunes before, most people think they're stupid.

Virion: *neutral* Is that so? Never mind the criticism of skeptics, my dear, I'm sure that your fortunes are brilliant.

Sumia: Wow, this is so great! I have to prepare! See you later! *leaves*

Virion: *eyes closed* Ah, the sight of a woman discussing her passion, there is nothing like it.