FE7 LHM + HHM LTC Run COMPLETE - 179 Turns

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most kills by the end of the playthrough?

2. 2. Who will enter the most battles?

PLAYLIST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HqaLFwUdZI&list=PLHhXqU1iGb01IHXQEsSD2CrHBLiqkQ-R-

I've been meaning to finish an FE7 ltc run for years now and as of today (note this could change next week) i'm pretty commited to actually finishing it. I've been telling myself not to make topics until I've got substantial progress done already but WHATEVER MAN. But really i'd like some opinions and the like before I get too far into the game, as I don't know this game as well as i'd like, and want to make sure i'm not making some big mistakes somewhere.

I'm on Chapter 13 currently, I think i'll have to 5 turn due to unfortunate Marcus spawn, but we'll see. I'll post my current turncounts now, I have videos that i'll get up uh, when I feel like it! (probably later today or tomorrow).

[spoiler=Turncounts]

Chapter P - 5 turns

Chapter 1 - 3 turns

Chapter 2 - 4 turns

Chapter 3 - 3 turns

Chapter 4 - 8 turns

Chapter 5 - 3 turns

Chapter 6 - 3 turns

Chapter 7 - 1 turn

Chapter 7x - 2 turns

Chapter 8 - 2 turns

Chapter 9 - 3 turns

Chapter 10 - 3 turns

Chapter 11 - 6 turns

Chapter 12 - 4 turns

Chapter 13 - 5 turns

Chapter 13x - 8 turns

Chapter 14 - 4 turns

Chapter 15 - 8 Turns

Chapter 16 - 3 turns

Chapter 17 - 6 turns

Chapter 17x - 2 turns

Chapter 18 - 3 turns

Chapter 19 - 3 turns

Chapter 19x - 3 turns

Chapter 20 - 4 turns

Chapter 21 - 1 turn

Chapter 22 - 2 turns

Chapter 23 - 2 turns

Chapter 23x - 4 turns

Chapter 24 - 1 turn

Chapter 25 - 2 turns

Chapter 26 - 12 turns

Chapter 27 - 5 turns

Chapter 28 - 16 turns

Chapter 28x - 3 turns

Chapter 29 - 4 turns

Chapter 30 - 3 turns

Chapter 31 - 12 turns

Chapter 31x - 6 turns

Chapter 32 - 3 turns

Chapter 32x - 1 turn

Final - 3 turns

Total - 179 turns

Lyn mode improved upon Espinosa's 43 turn clear here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39214 by three turns (one in chapter 1, one in 7x, one in 8) without any unreliable stuff, and uses Kent as the main Paladin instead of Sain, due to a few things:

- I'd have made sure Sain had requisite speed anyway, but Kent reaches the bosskilling benchmarks easier in Lyn mode

- Kent can solo the top part of chapter 3 (Sain won't have the speed) for more exp, allowing Florina to get more exp overall later on (mostly in chapter 8)

- Sain can catch up easier in Hector mode to become a real unit there. Kent struggles due to his mediocre strength.

Other units I plan on using:

- Marcus, obviously

- Eliwood, there are lots of defence chapters to get him exp, he can rescue Hector while both are promoted, and is forced in some chapters (and the more units that can actually do stuff the better!) I don't expect him to do a whole lot, but having an extra dude around for endgame is pretty nice I guess. Probably not needed, opinions?

- Lowen, depending on how he turns out. I'll probably massage his early levels so he does turn out well. His bases are really good too.

- Priscilla, mounted warper. I think i'll be able to get her enough exp to promote at least for chapter 28 or something.

- Kent, promoted in Lyn mode

- Florina. I think I'll need her to be able to 1 turn chapter 24, depending on how the AI works.

- Sain, mounted dude

- Canas, as a lategame warper. He has a high base level and can get exp really easily, and will be fantastic in the desert. Luna helps rout the endgame morphs too.

- Fiora, obligatory flier. I dunno how much exp she'll be able to get though.

- Heath. He'll have to be pretty clutch lategame since Florina's durability won't be able to handle rescuing Hector all the time. He's pretty good regardless.

- Rath, another guy who can rescue hector and the early brave bow is pretty cool too. He helps smash walls in Genesis, and hopefully he'll do more lategame too.

- Pent, lategame warping etc

There will be other liberal uses of prepremotes like Isadora and Hawkeye, I'm not recruiting everyone either, so i'll probably miss out on Lucius, Legault, Wallace, Farina, Harken, Karla and maybe Renault. I'd only really miss Harken and Farina, but they probably aren't worth the turns anyway.

If you have any comments or questions throw them my way and I'll probably try to answer them. Maybe.

Regardless with this starting position in chapter 13:

415242e7703ca230844b55291f85b743.png

I don't see a way to 4 turn. If anyone else does, or wants the save, give me a yell. Other than with a Marcus Silver Lance crit. But that's lame. If someone can figure a way to recruit Guy and get Marcus the killing edge, i'd rig two KE crits though probably.

Oh another thing, i'm not using the mine/torch glitch at any point.

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im gonna need help on cog with growths man

I did only get Kent to 12/1 is another thing I failed to mention, as opposed to the usual 13/1, due to Florina getting the 7x bosskill. I forget what level she left lyn mode at, but hopefully it was higher than normal!

I feel like I heard someone a long time ago talk about a 4-turn of C13 that involved Dorcas and/or Bartre and/or someone else entirely dropping Hector over the river?

I feel like I heard someone a long time ago talk about a 4-turn of C13 that involved Dorcas and/or Bartre and/or someone else entirely dropping Hector over the river?

the fighters can't go in the river, and the river is always 2 tiles wide, so it's impossible to 4-turn just dropping hector across.

That is a very unfortunate Marcus spawn :/. I wonder if it's really random though?

I still don't understand what the difference is. The only difference in Espinosa's and my spawns were the positioning of Matthew and Dorcas, so I still have no idea.

There will be videos, they're all recorded, I'm just currently trying to resolve some computer issues.

and yeah hector getting dropped across the river only lets him get to the throne by turn 5. Bartre can't even rescue him anyway!

Edited by General Horace

horace, you have a higher chance of killing the chapter 13 boss with a silver lance crit than you do with a double KE crit.

marcus has 80 hit (92.2 true), 6 crit with the silver lance and 65 hit (75.9 true), 36 crit with the KE. marcus has to crit once with the silver lance (29 atk vs. 14 +2 def) and double crit with the KE (24 -1 atk vs. 14 +2 def) vs. 31 HP.

single silver lance crit: 10.8% chance

double KE crit: 7.5% chance

and since iron axe has 75 +15 hit due to WTA, the chance of an iron axe hit + crit is about as likely as a single silver lance crit.

Edited by dondon151

I actually never got far enough into the chapter to see the hit. Fsr I thought it would be better. In other news, my laptop picked a fantastic time to shit itself, had to bring it in to get fixed today, hopefully I don't lose anything.

Edited by General Horace

I hate Eliwood a lot. Normally I'd say any experience given to him would be better off going to anybody else; of course, if he gets out of his earlygame rut then he can prove a decent axe wrecker. Plus dat rapier and forced deployment.

I still hate him though

I just don't know who else to funnel the exp into during the defend chapters. There's no more mounts other than like, Isadora (who eliwood is better than anyway). Maybe Raven or Dart to have a high str/spd bosskiller?

Unfourtunately I might need a new hard drive for my computer so things are on hold for now, i'll find out more on Monday. The chapters i've done aren't hard to rerecord regardless, so hopefully i'll have actual updates come midweek.

confirmed that my hard drive crapped itself, and i'm pretty busy this week, hopefully I'll get to catch up on the weekend or something.

Once I have the time to play, it shouldn't take too long at least.

• 2 weeks later...

This thing is down the drain before it even starts. Is this a new record?

Typical Horace ;_;

Such sadness. Best thing is how the OP said this is the first time he's motivated to finish. Not sure if sirius or trolling.

did nobody notice the part where i lost my hard drive

nobody?

I've (re) recorded up to chapter 6 so far.

there i uploaded the prologue: everyone should be happy now

but really I should have all of lyn mode up by tonight unless something catastrophic happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HqaLFwUdZI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by General Horace

i forgot if i said it or not but im gonna add annotations to the videos that will more often than not just be my pointless thoughts and sometimes insightful information (lol who am I kidding) about units/chapters/why im doing seemingly odd things instead of putting a huge blarb down in the video description.

Whatever I did this time around ended up in Kent getting a bit more defence somehow, so that's a plus at least.