Astelaine's Sprite Thread

Astelaine

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys! And yeah, the shading needs some love. We'll see what happens. I've been watching some of Pi's customing vids, maybe his sweet hair mojo will rub off on me. laugh.gif

And okay Feaw, just for you :3

Teharam the shaman: complete!

FE8: teharam_sheet.png

FE7: teharam_sheet2_FE7.png

A big thanks to Dei, who made the dark FE8 skin color, and helped me reduce/fix colors on the FE7 mug. Thanks also to Aeorys/Jealousy, who made the black FE7 skin tones, and Hero of Time, who let me crib them from one of his portraits.

Edited by Kittehlaine

A big thanks to Dei, who made the dark FE8 skin color, and helped me reduce/fix colors on the FE7 mug. Thanks also to Aeorys/Jealousy, who made the black FE7 skin tones, and Hero of Time, who let me crib them from one of his portraits.

Great work, methinks. I feel as though the hair could use a little more depth, though. It looks just a little bit too flat.

Thanks, guys! I'm glad you like it. :)

The FE7 colors look faded but then again next to FE8's super saturation madness, that makes sense.

I agree, it looks washed out to me also. The skin colors are part of the trouble, I think. The lightest skin tone doesn't have the brightness that makes lighter-skinned characters "pop." But I also really didn't want to use Garrett's skin tones, which are just too yellow. I'll play around and see if I can get a better look.

I feel as though the hair could use a little more depth, though. It looks just a little bit too flat.

Yeah, definitely. I probably need some more darks around the bangs and maybe the back of the head. When I'm less sick of looking at him, I'll try to fix it. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been addicted to Minecraft lately. While building a Sacaean yurt village, I thought, "I really need a skin to go along with this."

Hence, Lyn!

lyn_minecraft.pnglyn_minecraft2.png

The belt colors seem pretty dark and muddy, but I can't be bothered to fix it right now. In any case, if you'd like to use this skin, it's here on the Skindex. Someone also modified her skin color here. Enjoy. :)

Edit:

Bonus content! I just remembered I made a Fire Emblem 4 Firefox skin some time ago. It's pretty conservative, so no worries about eye pain (unlike most other Personas I've seen...) Have at!

Edited by Kittehlaine

Please tell me you're making a hack with him in it because he is freaking awesome and I would play it just because he's in it ^_^;

Please tell me you're making a hack with him in it because he is freaking awesome and I would play it just because he's in it ^_^;

Shucks, thanks! I am indeed working on a hack, though I won't have a demo out for some time - the story and the mugs still need a lot of love. But I'm very glad you like him. :)

I know nothing of the MEINKRAFTS but thats pretty hilarious and adorable. Btw Kittehlaine, did you get me pm?

Thanks, Florina! And I did get your PM, I'll respond when I have a bit more time.

Aaand, since I hate making replies without any new art to show, here is the latest batch of WIPs:

wips.png

On the left is my half-body for Ryrumeli's new hack project. Top-right is a dancer, and bottom-right is some kind of healer, either a troub or dragon rider. I have some new stuff coming out in Elibian Nights, too, but I can't spoil it! Until then, enjoy~

Ohhhhh, I like the bottom right chick, even though her eyes sorta look like she has no soooooooul. Unless that was intentional, in which case, I can dig that.

As for the halfbody peg, the visible forearm looks pretty thin, to me.

Ohhhhh, I like the bottom right chick, even though her eyes sorta look like she has no soooooooul. Unless that was intentional, in which case, I can dig that.

As for the halfbody peg, the visible forearm looks pretty thin, to me.

Yeah, I am still working on the eyes. I haven't sprited anyone with eyes this big before, so it will take some futzing. She's not supposed to have no soul. XD And thanks for the tip on the forearm, I'll fatten it up a bit. Ty! Edited by Kittehlaine

Well they all are fabulous, of course. The halfbody is looking wonderful, I love the clothing concept. And the dancer is just gorgeous. The angle is awesome and the hair and eyes are just dazzling. I also adore the headpiece of the third character.

Thanks, Ecut, Octavian, and Florina! Hopefully the finished products will look even better!

Also, since Arch posted the new Elibian Nights teaser, I can show this now:

florina_en_sheet3_FE8.png

Slightly aged Florina!

She does have problems with her eyes and face, so if anyone would like to offer suggestions or fixes, I'd appreciate that very much. Thanks!

Edited by Kittehlaine

It doesn't look like her head is facing the same way as her body, which although isn't inherently a problem, she's facing away from us, which just makes it look weird with how the eyes are.

Perhaps you could make it so that the eyes are facing towards us, maybe it'll look less weird. That or change the head angle.

I agree with Joerachi, I think the problem is that the body is one a different angle than the face. She is beautiful non-the-less!

Edit:

Nevermind , saw that bwd is helping you with it so you can prob forget my critique . :p

Edited by kittE

• 1 month later...

Rejoice, for Florina has been un-derped!

florina_fix4.png

My undying love to Aeorys, who twiddled a few bits around for me, and Yeti for suggesting the mouth fix. Joe and Ecut, thank you too. Your crit helped make her better. :)

Also, Jacob the storyteller gets an update:

ayron_sheet_v10.png

Enjoy!

I always get so excited when you post something new! She looks much better now. :)

Edited by kittE