Hero King Marth DLC

Shun One

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't jump from "Marth gets new art" to "Previous Lords get new art" like that. Hope? I guess... but Marth has always been special in this series due to his being Marth.

Comparing Marth's art to Masked Marth... I'm again feeling masked is designed to be either more feminine or much younger/smaller than Marth, given the identical outfits but. Masked has a belt that is obviously too big, thus is hanging off of his/her hips, instead of his/her waist. Compared to Hero King Marth whose belt is is on his waist perfectly. Equally, comparing Shoulder-Waist-Hips from High King Marth to Masked there is obviously more hip going on for Masked, where on High King the line is straight.

Of course this could just be artists being different, but I'm adding this to "Masked is a Girl" theory.

I honestly don't see how anyone could mistake Marth for a girl.

Now is even voiced by a woman, Yuu Kobayashi. That alone could mean many things.

Edited by GenG

I suppose this hilariously effeminate Marth is yet another evidence of Charth's male gender.

And that Nintendo is going to milk DLC like no tomorrow. No surprise here.

>While wandering in another world, Krom and the others find an old seer able to summon heroic spirits

So Marth is a Servant now, huh

Edited by TheEnd

I suppose this hilariously effeminate Marth is yet another evidence of Charth's male gender.

Marth II still looks more feminine than Marth, although not by as much of a margin as before.

What now stands out to me, looking at them side by side, is foot size. It might be a trick of the perspective, but Marth II's feet look tiny compared to Marth's.

Oh, paid DLC characters are gonna get new art?

I like this. As long as they aren't too expensive.

Classic!Marth is 3 bucks in Japan (free until June).

One good question would be the availabily of those overseas, though

Edited by TheEnd

Now is even voiced by a woman, Yuu Kobayashi. That alone could mean many things.

True. The Masked Marth could go either way, but heck. The original? I always thought he was just an effeminate dude. No where near the level of confusion say Lucious would cause.

The hair looks significantly more blue than masked marth.

Edit: the artist is Senri Kita, who did the OA for FE9/10.

Now that you mention it, that looks significantly like her work. Glad to see she's still doing Fire Emblem art (beyond the Akaneia artbook).

True. The Masked Marth could go either way, but heck. The original? I always thought he was just an effeminate dude. No where near the level of confusion say Lucious would cause.

Most of the Marth art that exists doesn't meet enough qualifiers to be really mistaken for female. The exception would be the manga but EVERYONE looked girly in that. It was just the art style of the series. He's always drawn with a more heart-shaped face which is usually saved for females (exception: FE11, his face is blockier) and in FE12's art he has a slight waist-hip ratio due to the tight belts on him, but he isn't at the level of waist-hip that Luci or Eztel has.

So mostly its a holdover from stupid Melee players who assumed since it wasn't Link, and wasn't the pinnacle of manly Captain Falcon, it must be a girl.

Aaaaah! Ike's artist did Marth! I think I have a new icon~! And wow, I can see a few differences between Alternate!Marth and 'Marth' despite having the same design. Also, I just realised- is anyone else reminded of Eliwood when looking at the outfit?

Edited by SPSEliwoodGabriel

Most of the Marth art that exists doesn't meet enough qualifiers to be really mistaken for female. The exception would be the manga but EVERYONE looked girly in that. It was just the art style of the series. He's always drawn with a more heart-shaped face which is usually saved for females (exception: FE11, his face is blockier) and in FE12's art he has a slight waist-hip ratio due to the tight belts on him, but he isn't at the level of waist-hip that Luci or Eztel has.

So mostly its a holdover from stupid Melee players who assumed since it wasn't Link, and wasn't the pinnacle of manly Captain Falcon, it must be a girl.

I always thought it was this. It was annoying then and it still annoys me now. At any rate, I like his new appearance just for the sake that it's a drastically different out-fit than what her normally wears. I look forward to recruiting Marth (and his doppleganger if possible) to my squad.

I don't have an issue with change of outfits anyway. I mean, even when disregarding that Marth has seen several design changes through the years, there's no rule saying that he /has/ to wear the same stuff forever. He's a fucking lord. He can afford new clothes every few years.