Coverage in Famitsu - Casual mode option returns.

deuxhero

Well, his portrait seems to match his class, so we'll probably see different portraits for all the different classes we fight. Remember the trailers? We saw that shadow dude.

Also, speaking of the trailers, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I saw the old-style battle-predicting boxes in those, so we probably have an option to pick which one we like.

edit: never mind

Edited by Agromono

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casual mode is good for Fire Emblem. Grinding is fine if there's a scoring system.

Indeed, I wasn't agreeing with the twats on GFAQs if that's what you thought I meant.

For anybody worried about the FE1/2-style Level Up screen, it also shows your actual stats on the bottom screen.

Well, that's definitely good to know!

Casual mode is good for Fire Emblem. Grinding is fine if there's a scoring system.

Once again, the option to not grind is a choice in this game. A very direct choice. Are you telling me you're going to grind your balls off if they give you the option?

Based on the Third picture...I see that tactician has poor Mag growth/stats compared to Str... **rages**

Although Def appears to be on the higher end. Would that be their 'base' distribution which can be altered slightly(but maybe not enough to make a competent magic user compared to being all physical)?

Also, the mage seems to have a very pathetic overall stat since the total surface area seems to small compared to the guy next to her.

Edit: Or maybe my eyes are laying tricks with me and that the Tactician has equal distribution of Str/Mag...

Edited by Rothene

Based on the Third picture...I see that tactician has poor Mag growth/stats compared to Str... **rages**

Although Def appears to be on the higher end. Would that be their 'base' distribution which can be altered slightly(but maybe not enough to make a competent magic user compared to being all physical)?

Also, the mage seems to have a very pathetic overall stat since the total surface area seems to small compared to the guy next to her.

Edit: Or maybe my eyes are laying tricks with me and that the Tactician has equal distribution of Str/Mag...

Honestly, I would expect a higher Str than Mag, anyway. If Mag is equal or higher, than it really kills the point of swords, since Res is usually lower anyway. Higher Str and lower Mag adds a strategic choice, do you go with swords for higher Mt, or do you use magic for 1-2 range, but lower damage. It also adds more scope than just the Mt difference between Hand axes and whatever else a unit might have. If mag was higher, than we would have FE4 Mage Fighters all over again, where swords were pretty well useless for them.

Didn't the later non-remake FEs have enemies with actual Res stats? So the difference between Def and Res might not be as significant(unless the foe was a Knight, those classes tend to have crapload of Def).

Although would IS nerf Tome Mt to FE12 Javelin Mt levels because now they've handed us a 'mage' who can probably tank? Or just kill off the Tacticians Mag growth/bases to allow high Mt tomes? Either way, I hope we get some choices that can affect growth and stats of the Tactician. But that Def spread seriously makes me wonder if the Tactician is a potential Baron in disguise with lesser weapon options.

Didn't the later non-remake FEs have enemies with actual Res stats? So the difference between Def and Res might not be as significant(unless the foe was a Knight, those classes tend to have crapload of Def).

Although would IS nerf Tome Mt to FE12 Javelin Mt levels because now they've handed us a 'mage' who can probably tank? Or just kill off the Tacticians Mag growth/bases to allow high Mt tomes? Either way, I hope we get some choices that can affect growth and stats of the Tactician. But that Def spread seriously makes me wonder if the Tactician is a potential Baron in disguise with lesser weapon options.

They had Res, yeah. But it was still usually lower than Def. For example, let's say you had a character with 10 Str and 10 Mag. He has a Steel Sword(8 Mt) and an... Elthunder(8 Mt)

Generic enemy has 7 Def, 5 Res on average. Would you ever use the Steel Sword? Probably not. Even if Def and Res were equal, Elthunder still has 1-2 range. Whereas if the Character had... 13 Str and like... 6 Mag, with the same weapons, the choice between the Steel Sword and Elthunder would mean the difference between more damage(Physical) vs. 1-2 range(magical). Of course, the problem with this is, once Magic begins ORKOing, Physical weapons become pointless again. As for relative Mt, we can't really know yet.

Yeah. Well hopefully the gap between Str and Mag won't be too wide though. It would suck if the gap ended with you deciding between 8 Damage doubling in melee Physical vs 3 Damage doubling at range Magical. Flat number damage reduction has a tendency to cause such options to appear.

Although it looked like you could change that, given the < and > arrows. Which is great for me, since I really don't plan on having Mu use physical attacks much...of course, it doesn't matter what I plan on doing since we still don't know it'll be released overseas.

Once again, the option to not grind is a choice in this game. A very direct choice. Are you telling me you're going to grind your balls off if they give you the option?

Scoring systems are a matter of skill measurement to distinguish between players. Stop pestering me with obnoxious questions if you can't figure it out, please.

Considering you had the past/present/future choices that effected the base stats and gave growth bonuses of MU in FE12. It might be possible that it's like that in this game but the choices has a more signficiant impact on the Tacticians growths. e.g. it determines whether he or she is slanted towards physical stats or magical or balanced.

And I see there is a red haired girl in the scan that almost looks like Anna.

16022012A.jpg

See the similarities between the girl from FE13 and Anna that we know?

Anna-FE6.gif

Edited by King Marth 64

Time to see the news and characters, since the images show some.

Casual and Classic are indeed options, for people silly enough to think perma-death would be abolished in this series.

Armor Knight in white by the name of...well it's a very ambiguous translation. Kalam/Karam/Kram/Klam, most accurate being Kalam, which isn't a bad sounding name.

What appears to be a cavalier named Soul.

Seems you can do stuff like fast forward stuff or skip from what I can tell. Seems weird cause it looks like a movie recordng deal like it's bringing back the VCR.

A new mage woman with a classic mage's hat and glasses. Like, super classic mage hat.

The red cavalier as opposed to the green Soul seems to be what I assume is a short haired woman named...Hard one to tell, but Soray is my best guess (So-wu-ray). From the looks of her stats, I am guessing a similar deal to Cecile form FE12 on stats on paper alone. After all, we don't know her base level and the enemy's power and all that. She clearly seems more oriented to the offensive rather than defensive mindset however.

The portraits of the Corpse Soldiers look creepy. Interesting helmets too.

Yeah, I live in New York City, China.

And yeah, I saw the scans on your site. I was just curious since the site (ChinaFE) hasn't been loading for me in ages. I thought the place closed.

I live in New York state, and there was a few months where I couldn't load ChinaFE normally except the forums, and I had to use Google Cached to view pages I wanted to. Maybe they just hate New York?

Callum was what I thought when I saw the name

Same here, just trying to be a bit more literal to the translation rather than pin down an exact name. Weirder things have happened with names after all.

all i can say is

damn that guy has a lot of gold

Since when do you not have a lot of gold in FE?