How were you supposed to know to get Stefan?

Not sure if this is worth its own topic. But I was playing the chapter last night, and luckily my brother came home at the right time before facing the boss and asked me if I got Stefan yet, I had no idea what he was talking about and so then guided me there. Does the game tell you about this? If so I don't remember because I play the game very slowly due to not always being able to access my Wii.

Was it like one those rumors people would believe and try themselves before the internet became prominent?

That's all you get:

Servant
Oh, yes, picnics are indeed nice. Oh, but a word of caution. Studying the ruins from afar is one thing, but you would be well advised to keep your distance... For safety's sake! It's said that there's a bandit stronghold near the northwest ruins. And we hear occasional reports of strange figures wandering the dunes in the northeast. Be careful!

Probably through an official guidebook.

Besides, it's a desert map. Even if official sources didn't exist, somebody would still check every tile of the map to find out were all the treasure is.

Edited by BrightBow

Probably through an official guidebook.

Besides, it's a desert map. Even if official sourves didn't exist, somebody would still check every tile of the map to find out were all the treasure is.

Yeah, desert maps in FE are notorious for having hidden items, so i'm pretty sure the main reason Stefan was found. Was the hint mentioned above and curiosity about the desert in general.

Maybe a guide, but who knows

Was the hint mentioned above and curiosity about the desert in general.

The "general desert rules" conversation is the one with Sigrun. The one with the Servant here is basically just worldbuilding, seeing how it's the only time the Zunanma are mentioned in PoR.

Well, assuming you were even asking a question. You didn't use a question mark but otherwise it reads like a question. I hope I understood this correctly.

Edited by BrightBow

Not gonna lie, I found him thanks to a walkthrough, I was amazed of the stupidity of it and how much it complicated the secondary objective.
Good thing Stefan was very, VERY good.

Edited by B.Leu

In RD, only if you're taking 2 TBs to endgame. A max Mt/crit silver forge is comparable to the VK, especially if you get lucky with a coin.

On a fun little side note, I made a Max Mt/Hit/Crit Silver forge going into endgame. Got lucky with a coin and got +10 crit. The result was an 18 Mt, 105 Hit, 25 Crit silver. Oh dear god I had so much fun with Gamble on this weapon. Mia was pulling like 77 hit and 80 crit.

Yeah its pretty obscure and that's being nice about it. But we all know there was that one person who poured hours into finding what was on every tile and since laguz and move fast through the desert maybe thats how they did it?

Either way god bless that poor soul.

Edited by LordTaco42

That's all you get:

Servant

Oh, yes, picnics are indeed nice. Oh, but a word of caution. Studying the ruins from afar is one thing, but you would be well advised to keep your distance... For safety's sake! It's said that there's a bandit stronghold near the northwest ruins. And we hear occasional reports of strange figures wandering the dunes in the northeast. Be careful!

Ah yes I remember this. But I guess since it said "figures" I just assumed it was those two Laguz units there lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't even able to guess that there was a hidden character in this stage at all.

Yeah, Stefan's recruitment is stupid. The only one equally as stupid is Shinon's rerecruitment.

Second this. I mean seriously. If you can't convince him to join by letting every character talk to him, how can you know that you have to defeat him first? I always used Rolf to kill him because it seemed like the most logical option.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, he IS almost too decent for a pre-promote, especially if you don't use Mia or Zihark. Comes with an S rank in swords as well as Astra right out of the box, too.

But yeah, he is ridiculously well hidden, I only discovered him because I NEVER figure out the entire desert maps myself, almost always use the interwebs for those. It is one thing to enter every space with a 100% find rate, it is another to do it with silly units like Lethe and Modecai.

Well, he IS almost too decent for a pre-promote, especially if you don't use Mia or Zihark. Comes with an S rank in swords as well as Astra right out of the box, too.

I think Zihark's adept is a hell lot more useful than Astra.

I didn't realize I ever said Stefan is a bad unit.

Well, nobody actually said that you said that. :tangerineisthedevil: . But you sort of quoted me on the entire "Stefan is decent" thing saying Adept sucks. Or something. Anywho, I was speaking of this hypothetical situation in which one would not be wanting to use / train Zihark or the Mia, but perhaps still wanting a decent swordmaster. Stefan could fill that need where usually pre-promotes would be better left alone.

Automatically coming a shit mastery skill is just nothing to write home about.

Well, that is not really a fact, more a matter of personal taste. I think it is not that bad of a skill for a swordmaster to have. When double attacking, with decent skill - something Stefan is likely to cap - the chance of it activating once per battle is over 50%. This turns almost every sword into a quarter brave weapon. More attacks is more crits, too.