The Lunatic Club

Shinori

I would generally use 2-4 pair ups. I commonly prefer 3. As Czar said it really depends of how well you know what you need to do for certain units. The archer corner trick is always good to farm exp on.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricken stands out as bad, none of the prepromotes should be trained long-term (except Anna and Libra with staff exp), most of the units from Cht.1-3 bar Miriel and Sumia have trouble getting going, and Tharja's bases aren't too nice. Everyone else, including some of those, is either in a gray zone or pretty good.

Ricken stands out as bad, none of the prepromotes should be trained long-term (except Anna and Libra with staff exp), most of the units from Cht.1-3 bar Miriel and Sumia have trouble getting going, and Tharja's bases aren't too nice. Everyone else, including some of those, is either in a gray zone or pretty good.

Oh man, I thought Lunatic+ was gonna be very restrictive, huh. I guess the only major difference between Lunatic and Lunatic+ is different strategies.

I wouldn't use the initial cavaliers (stahl is ok if you find a good reason), Vaike, Sumia (just good enough for an adequate cynthea), Kellum or Ricken. They can still be good pair up units and while Ricken is good for counter Robin or Mirial should already outclass him. Kellum is easily gained up on and is nuked by a counter hit because of high damage, he is dual striked and has awful resistance. His defence virtue is lunad out too. Vaike is a good pair up with a +4 or higher in str (I would use Nowii because of the stat mods for Nah.) Marible isnt great but is redeamable. I always found her to difficult to grind and lissa or libra just was always better.

I wouldn't use the initial cavaliers (stahl is ok if you find a good reason), Vaike, Sumia (just good enough for an adequate cynthea), Kellum or Ricken.

Duuude. Sumia is one of the best units in the game, what are you talking about?

Is it worth reclassing Fe!MU (+Def/-Luk) into dark flier and passing down galeforce for vanilla Lunatic if I don't plan on doing anything post game?

If you can get to it in time to give it to Morgan without delaying his recruitment, then it's probably a good idea. You'll need to play it safe in Cht.12, though, because there are lots of Bows and Beastkillers there.

Is it worth reclassing Fe!MU (+Def/-Luk) into dark flier and passing down galeforce for vanilla Lunatic if I don't plan on doing anything post game?

This is for Fe!MUxChrom without grinding by the way.

Yes.

Like Yoshi said, be careful in chapter 12.

Edited by ChickenWings

@Youshi: Huh, I said that? Well looks like I did so I will correct my stupidity. Use Sumia, she has a hard time starting out but an extra galeforce or a good falchion night is always powerful. Do watch out for warriors because the will almost always have a bow. Some with assassins and other bow using classes.

@Solitare For sure. Two extra galeforces are great. Especially on Morgan who can't get it otherwise.

So, I'm doing a 2nd Lunatic/Classic playthrough, except this time I haven't used Renown rewards, I haven't done grinding, and I haven't used DLC or spotpass. I do use items I get randomly from the barracks, but I don't deliberately check in at various hours of the day to get them; I just move ahead at a steady pace and just grab them as I go.

Anyways, the 1st time I did it, I just cheesed everything with Nosferatu and by Ch. 16 or so I was mainly just using an Armsthrift Sorcerer Avatar + A-support Chrom solo-pair run.

This time I'm playing it with an actual team.

I just beat Ch. 20: The Sword or the Knee this afternoon. I cannot remember exactly, but I think I'm something like +SPD asset, -LCK flaw, or something like that. I'm playing as a male Avatar and he's married Cordelia.

My team is:

1.Avatar - Grandmaster (now on first Second Seal level reset) - married to Cordelia; A-rank with Chrom

2. Cordelia - Dark Flier (she did this to get Galeforce, plus to boost her husband's magic in pair-up)

3. Cordelia!Morgan - 10 Pegasus/10 Tactician/14 Grandmaster/3 Falcon Knight - inherited Galeforce and Rally Spectrum

4. Avatar!Severa - 20 Mercenary/4 Hero - inherited Galeforce and Veteran

5. Chrom - Paladin (Lord --> Great Lord ---> Paladin) - has an A-rank with the Avatar.

6. Sumia - Falcon Knight [level 8 promoted or so, she's mainly a support unit for Chrom]

7. Sumia!Lucina - Paladin (Lord --> Cavalier --> Great Lord; inherited Aether and Speed +2); she's around level 14 Paladin

8. Chrom!Cynthia - Pegasus Knight ---> She's basically an "equipment" for Lucina… she's just gives Lucy +SPD/+RES and dual guard support; she's still non-promoted

9. Gregor - Hero -- married to Cherche…..

10. Cherche - Wyvern Rider - basically an "equipment" for Gregor

----> These have probably been some of my poorer choices; Gregor cannot really double all that much [except vs. slow enemies like Generals] without Rally Spectrum or Rally Speed assistance…. but despite this, they do fill one key niche… they have a better axe rank than anyone else on my team [severa is still in E-axes, C or B swords], so they get to take down Generals with their Hammers.

Staffers -

11. Libra, 12. Lissa, 13. Anna;

(Morgan also has staff access as a back up, but its not her primary job)

Hexathema bot - 14. Tharja

Dancer - 15. Olivia

So now I need to get through Ch. 21 next time I play… Mire spam foes… FUN! Then we have the Deadlords in Ch. 22, the rout in Ch. 23, the rout in Ch. 24, the defeat commander in Ch. 25 (my plan is to have Cordelia and Morgan double Galeforce to defeat Aversa), and Endgame [i'll buy a brave weapon for the Avatar, put him in front, boost his (HP+DEF) sum total to exceed 90 to survive Grima's Ignis'd Expiration, and have Chrom Falchion Dual-striek form the rear… I'll also want Tharja to be dropped right next to Grima to boost my accuracy by 25%… and naturally, Basilio (who I will have by that point) and Morgan will be providing rallies…. if I recall correctly, I have something like 36 Str on Chrom (or is it 34? I have a stat booster that could raise it to 36 if it isn't already… doesn't matter)… so let's just say (36 STR + 15 x 3 (Exalted Falchion effective damage) + 2 tonic +4 Rally Strength + 4 Rally Spectrum - 50 (Grima's Defense) - 3 (Ire's defense bonus to Grima) ) /2 = 19 damage…. if I get two more STR before the end of the game [quite a reasonable expectation], that would be 20 damage…

So that would mean I'd need 5 strikes from Chrom to connect [assuming the 20 damage figure] to kill Grima, totally ignoring any damage that might be dealt by the Avatar… so I'd need to go two rounds against Grima, although dancing if done properly could account for that… and I need Catharsis or Physic staves to patch me up unless there was a dual guard.

If I don't get enough dual strikes, I can reset the game and try for better RNG; Endgame is not a long level…

7. Sumia!Lucina - Paladin (Lord --> Cavalier --> Great Lord; inherited Aether and Speed +2); she's around level 14 Paladin

8. Chrom!Cynthia - Pegasus Knight ---> She's basically an "equipment" for Lucina… she's just gives Lucy +SPD/+RES and dual guard support; she's still non-promoted

9. Gregor - Hero -- married to Cherche…..

10. Cherche - Wyvern Rider - basically an "equipment" for Gregor

----> These have probably been some of my poorer choices; Gregor cannot really double all that much [except vs. slow enemies like Generals] without Rally Spectrum or Rally Speed assistance…. but despite this, they do fill one key niche… they have a better axe rank than anyone else on my team [severa is still in E-axes, C or B swords], so they get to take down Generals with their Hammers.

I kind of recall Int complaining about Gregor's Spd on his Lunatic+ playlog as well, I guess Gregor's just not that good of a unit.

The best fix here (for the future, at least) is to drop Gregor/Cherche and get Cynthia into Great Knight instead. It's usually a really bad class, but when Cynthia does it coupled with Paladin Lucina, it becomes really good- and one of the perks is that Cynthia will cover all your Hammering needs.

I don't really have Cynthia trained sufficiently to do that, actually… I focused the EXP on Lucina instead…

I do have a Levin Sword to attack them magically, and I do have tomes on the Avatar….

Well, I've beaten Ch. 22, so now I'm facing one of the two back-to-back big rout maps, Ch. 23.

Ch. 21 was done by deploying exactly 8 units, in four pairs of two, specifically my best trained units. As my healers weren't among these units, a variety of Concoctions etc. that I had from drops throughout the game came in handy. Severa + Avatar (her father) skirmished with Severa's Galeforce and a pair of killing edges (with the avatar occasionally using spells) to deal with the enemies… the Mire spells were hilariously inaccurate… but I can only imagine with horror what it would be like if some of the Mire spammers got Hawkeye in Lunatic+…. good thing for me I'm only on Lunatic.

I still have Tiki's paralogue and Gerome's paralogue as untapped EXP resources in case I want to "grind" out my troops without breaking my no-Reeking box, no random encounter, no DLC, no Spotpass guidelines. And I make a habit of leaving at least a large bullion unspent to ensure I have a reserve supply of cash…. although it only really needs to last through Ch. 23 and Ch. 24…. if things go as I want, I'll be "skipping" Ch. 25 with Galeforce abuse and Endgame should be ideally over in two turns.

EDIT: Ch. 23 now complete. Severa is an MVP with Axebreaker…. also, as it turned out, Gregor was able to chip in on the Generals after all…. he could survive an engagement with one, and his Hammer + Cherche Hammer Dual Strike + Hammer (as he could double Generals, even if not the other enemies) actually would slay the General. Of course, we also had Flavia and Basilio, who could help in similar capacity. I basically retreated to the top left corner and used a lot of Galeforce and Rescue skirmishing to chip away at the enemy….

Now one big rout (Ch. 24) left, then two defeat commanders.

Edit:

Ch. 24 was pure "hell on Earth", so to speak. Crazy Wyvern Lords with Hit +20, basically all of them with Swordbreaker, hack-forged Silver Lance ++, Great Knights with Luna, etc….

In the end, the only way I managed to win was to deploy ONLY Hero Severa and Paladin Chrom (force deployed). Thankfully, Severa was one of my more over leveled units.

The idea was Sol spam…. that, and she could use Axes, and thus not be at both weapon triangle disadvantage nor subject to Swordbreaker.

There was one catch…. her axe rank was E.

Fortunately, she had Armsthrift, and she also had access to Chrom's convoy. That and I had a forged Bronze Axe from back when I was training Gregor, plus a pair of glass axes that I had obtained.

During the opening stages of the battle I was able to get Severa to D-axes, letting her pull Hand Axes out of the Convoy and start attacking the ranged attackers to still get Sol.

And this process when on long enough to get her to B-axes by the end of the battle..

Severa's stats at the end of the Battle

Hero, Level 12, EXP 51 (note: level reset; previously 20/20 Hero with base stat inheritance from her parents).

80/80 HP (capped)

43 Str (capped)

17 Mag

48 Skl (capped)

49 Spd (capped)

37 Lck

40 Def (capped)

30 Res

Skill set used in battle: Armsthrift, Patience, Axebreaker, Galeforce, Sol…

All of this in "no-grind".

Conclusion… a really highly leveled Avatar!Child hero does the map VERY well. If you don't have a Nosferatank, this is another option.

EDIT: Beat Lunatic/Classic

Grima had me place Dark Knight Tharja to his left for Hexathema, had character rally for STR, Spectrum, Mag, SPD, LCK, Move. Avatar and Chrom were loaded up on all relevant tonics. Avatar was using a +1 Might forged Brave Sword; Chrom was using the Exalted Falcion. They had A support (male Avatar).

I was highly fortunate the first time around, in that the Avatar proc'd Ignis 4 times in a row (for 5 damage apiece) and Chrom dual striked 4 times in a row, for 21 damage per hit, all of them hitting. As such, I dealt 104 damage to Grima, when I only needed to deal 99 to kill him.

Grima proc'd Ingis and it hit the Avatar, inflicting 55 HP of damage.

If things had not worked, I had Anna with a ranged healing staff and Olivia in dancing range, so I could have launched a second barrage on Grima.

Severa cleared the Berserker in front of Grima to let the others in. She did it unpaired (but rallied) with a Brave Sword; the Berserker had a 0% hit chance and Severa had a guaranteed kill. (I think I gave her a full array of tonics as I new she'd take this role).

Gold: Chrom: 342 Battles, 204 Victories [this might be a first for me, having him win the gold]

Silver: Avatar: 219 Battles, 144 Victories

Bronze: Cordelia: 167 Battles 131, Victories

Edited by astrophys

Congratulations on finishing~!

I prefer using a Celica's Tome/Falchion beatstick combo for the second attack. Then again, I refuse to let Final go on for more than one turn, if I can help it! :P:

I didn't have Celica's Gale in this playthrough…. I wasn't using the Renown or Bonus Team shop features, and I didn't have the luck to get one from a shiny tile.

I actually did get Severa and Morgan caught up that way, but I didn't pull that off for Cynthia.

Sumia!Lucina's STR growth also fell behind by the endgame… I'm not sure whether I was RNG screwed there or whether it is due to Sumia's lower STR. She could still get kills, but often needed Aether to do it. I mean, Lucina had done stuff like tanked the reinforcements of Ch .17, and she fought several Berserkers in Severa's mission, Ambivalence, so there were places where she had gotten a lot of EXP.

Of course, Chrom was at an "unfair" advantage at the STR front, as I had started feeding him stat boosters that I got during the latter part of the campaign after I did some calculations about the STR he needed to do in order to do a meaningful amount of damage to the final boss. He ended up with 38 STR, which combined with weapon rank, tonics, and rallies let him deal 21 damage to the boss via dual strike (it would be 21.5, but damage rounds down).

I took two turns to beat Endgame… there's a region in the "danger zone" that isn't actually in danger, given that the wall in front of Grima doesn't move from its positions (the four on the sigils to the sides do, however). So that gives a free turn to bring my units up there and position for the decisive 2nd turn. It also means I don't need to rely on massive rescue abuse the turn (2nd) that I kill Grima; everyone can get into position just with some Rally Movement [in this case, courtesy of Cordelia)

I'm doing a playthrough on Lunatic/Classic (no spotpass/dlc) with high unit deployement, though I did use renown awards. I used a MaMu with +Str -Lck for lulz.

The team is:

1. Avatar - Married to Cordelia (Tactician > Mercenary > Hero (15) > Grandmaster): Probably a poor choice for ending class since he struggled a little near the end of the game, and his magic became irrelevant. I was too greedy on getting Ignis

2. Cordelia - ( Pegasus knight > Dark Flier > Hero): She performed excellently during the valm arc, but fell behind near end as well, so I stuck her behind the avatar.

3. Cordelia! Morgan - Galeforce & Armsthrift (Pegasus knight (10) > Tactician > Grandmaster): Wasn't my strongest unit, and she would often get dangerously low during enemy phase. Probably would have performed better if Cordielia did not screw her weapon ranks. I ended up using her more for her rally spectrum than being a frontline combat unit.

4. Avatar! Severa - Veteran & Galeforce (Mercenary > Hero > Grandmaster (10) > Hero): Due to excellent class pathing & inheritance, Severa ended up as the strongest unit in my team. Performed excellent as soon as she was recruited. Though I wanted to see how she performed as a grandmaster, I immediately opted out and reclassed her to hero as soon as possible due to her poor magic growth.

5. Chrom - Married to Sumia (Lord > Cavalier > Paladin (15) > Great Lord): Chrom ended up beating out the avatar in terms of combat usefulness, having maxed out str, skill, spd, lck, by chapter 22 (help of stat boosters).

6. Sumia - (Pegasus Knight > Dark Flier > Falcon Knight): Grinding for galeforce before chapter 13 was a pain, since the experience distribution would have been more useful for other units. I know some people swear by Sumia being one of the best units, but it's never worked out for me. To me, her usefulness falls off heavily as soon as the valm arc starts due to enemy having heavy defense and her having low str, as well as being made of paper. She became less relevant as the game went on, and I went as far as using Fredrick as a support bot for Chrom because of pair up bonuses, and stuck her behind Cynthia. Maybe I'm missing something?

7. Sumia! Lucina - S support w/ Owain - Aether & Galeforce (Lord > Great Lord): Performed Solid throughout the game, plenty of (noble) rapiers to hog through Valm arc as Chrom was stuck on Paladin.

8. Chrom! Cynthia - Galeforce & Aether (Pegasus Knight > Falcon Knight > Paladin): As others have mentioned, a little bit of favoritism turns this pony princess into a monster. She became relevant until endgame.

8. Lissa - Married to Libra (Cleric (12) > Sage (15) > Dark Flier (15) > Sage): Way too much resources spent on her to get Galeforce for Owain. However, unlike Sumia, she does become an excellent combat unit due to her high(ish) magic growth.

9. Libra - (War Cleric > Sorc): Alternated using him as the main healer once lissa became a Dark Flier, then re classed to Sorc for pair up bonuses for Lissa once she re classed to Sage.

10. Owain - S Support with Lucina - Galeforce & Renewal (Myrim > Swordmaster > Dark Knight): Now, I messed up really bad with Owain. I never realized how bad of a class Dark Knight was until trying it out. I literally had to feed him every offensive stat booster for him to become relevant instead of Lucina carrying him on her back. If I could go back, I would reclass him to sage.

11. Fredrick (Great Knight) - Support bot filler

12. Olivia (Dancer) - Due to heavy training for Lissa and Sumia, she ended up at around level 11 after second sealing which I thought was a little silly.

Thoughts:

Team Chrom & family became much more useful as the game progressed, probably due to heavy investment and poor management for team Mu. Nonetheless, Mu and Morgan could hold their own. However, Severa did become a monster as she capped her Str (47) really early.

Chapter 13 was hell, since I opted to use that map for training rather than rushing. Keeping squishes away from Longbows was tricky.

Chapter 12 & 15 were lolz, since I did extremely heavy training in those maps. I think the turn counts ended up in the hundreds, but Sumia and Lissa ended up obtaining Galeforce from those. Oh, and Olivia as well.

Proper reinforcement locations allows for positioning and I did not have much trouble with the rest of the game, save chapter 21.

Due to not having high enough support to dodgee Mire users, most members ended up dangerously low and I did not have a proper tank which could tank the enemy reinforcements. Morgan ended up taking a huge beating.

Lastly, turning Owain into a Dark Mage made me realize how bad of a class that is. I do not recommend using it for storyline.

Well, I'll describe my units in more detail…. Avatar is +SPD/-LCK, and like you (Mujuju) he also married Cordelia: A few of my units were early promoted in the level 16-18 range, whereas my other units were promoted at 20. Some also had resealings….

1. Chrom: (Lord -> Great Lord 20 --> Level 7 Paladin)

Paladin

73/73 HP

38 Str

10 Mag

40 Skl

41 Spd

34 Lck

35 Def

22 Res

A swords, B lances

Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King, Defender

2. Severa (20 Merc, 20 Hero, 12 hero)

Hero

80/80 HP

43 Str

17 Mag

48 Skl

49 Spd

37 Lck

40 Def

30 Res

A swords, B axes

Armsthrift, Patience, Galeforce, Sol, Axebreaker; also has Veteran [switched out in extreme late game when she started capping out].

3. Avatar (tactician 20 --> Grandmaster 20 ---> Grandmaster 6)

Grandmaster

63/63 HP

27 Str

27 Mag

32 Skl

36 Spd

26 Lck

22 Def

24 Res

A swords, A tomes

Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Veteran

4. Basilio - Base recruitment level

5. Flavia - Base recruitment level

Lucina - Lord --> immediate switch to Cavalier --> Paladin 17

68 HP

29 Str

9 Mag

39 Skl

40 Spd

37 Lck

27 Def

22 Res

A swords, B lances

Dual Strike +, Speed +2, Aether, Defender, Aegis, Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Charm

Cordelia, Dark Flier (Pegasus 18 --> Dark Flier 20 --> Dark Flier 2)

60 HP

27 Str

12 Mag

36 Skl

34 Spd

21 Lck

25 Def

24 Res

Speed +2

Relief

Rally Movement

Galeforce

Morgan, Falcon Knight (Pegasus -> Tactician -> Grandmaster -> Falcon Knight 8)

70 HP

30 Str

26 Mag

43 Skl

44 Spd

34 Lck

30 Def

29 Res

B lances, E staves

Rally Spectrum, Rally Speed, Galeforce, Veteran, Ignis, Speed +2, Solidarity, Relief

Anna --/20 trickster

53 HP

20 Str

26 Mag

33 Skl

34 Spd

43 Lck

14 Def

17 Res

B swords, A staves; standard skills

Libra, --/20 War Monk

58 HP

23 Str

25 Mag

24 Skl

21 Spd [man, Libra's Speed STINKS!]

17 Lck

17 Def

21 Res

C axes, A staves; standard skills

Tharja ---> insta promoted to Dark Knight for quickly running up (8 move) next to Grima's left for Hexathema with just Rally movement….. not actual combat unit

Lissa 20/17 Sage

46 HP

14 Str

26 Mag

22 Skl

24 Spd

31 Lck

15 Def

17 Res

E tomes, A staves

Olivia, 17/0 dancer

30 HP

12 Str

11 Mag

20 Skl

20 Spd

16 Lck

5 Def

9 Res

Cynthia was a pair-up bot whom I basically criminally under-used to my detriment… she only got to 13/0 from dual strike EXP

Sumia: level 9 Falcon KNight

51 HP

20 Str

8 Mag

31 Skl

33 Spd

27 Lck

14 Def

20 Res

Skills up to Rally speed

A lances, E staves

Cherche was a pair-up bot and hammer bot….. got to level 14/0, 18+2 Str (which could still actually damage generals with Hammers, because Hammers are just that strong against them), B rank axes.

Gregor: Level 14 Hero (I promoted him at like 16, so 16/14 Hero; I think I also gave him some speed wings to try to help his speed)

54 HP

27 Str

3 Mag

30 Skl

26 Spd

17 Lck

22 Def

11 Res

A swords, C axes

Other characters:

Maribelle: 10/0, from early game staffing

Frederick: --/9

Say'ri: --/1

Henry: 12/0

Gaius 5/0

Lon'qu 10/0 (from early game)

Virion 3/0

Ricken 3/0

Miriel 1/0

Panne 6/0

Stahl 2/0

Nowi 3/0

Sully 2/0

Kellam 5/0

Vaike 3/0

Donnel 2/0

So I'm thinking of starting my first real Lunatic playthrough in a couple days, and I'd like some opinions on the pairings I've decided to make. I've never done this before, so I want to make sure I don't get anything critically wrong, haha.

I'm going with a FeMU, because Rightful King Morgan. And superwoman Lucina, basically. I'm thinking of choosing Magic to be her boosted stat and Luck to be her reduced stat, but I'm still not quite sure.

Just so it's clear, the first skill in front of the child will be the fathers skill, and the second skill will be the mothers.

My current pairings are as is below:

Chrom x FeMU: Rightful King/Galeforce Morgan and ??/Galeforce Lucina. (Or any skill for Lucina, really, since she gets everything that FeMU does. I think Aether always gets passed down but I'm not sure if any other skill can be passed down along with that.)

Ricken x Lissa: ??/Galeforce Owain (I'm thinking to pass down Tomefaire and then have Owain grab those Cavalier/Paladin/Great Knight skills on his own. Because Ricken gives good magic, I'd like to have a Sage!Owain or Dark Knight!Owain instead of my normal Swordsmaster!Owain.)

Donnel x Sully: Aptitude/?? Kjelle (I'm thinking Aptitude will be better than Counter, in Kjelle's case. I'd love for her to be General!Kjelle that tanks basically everything. She can get Axebreaker and Bowbreaker on her own and I don't plan for her to take much damage so in that case, Counter wouldn't really be the best skill? That's what I'm thinking. She can get every skill that Sully can get, so not sure what to pass down there.)

Gregor x Miriel: Pass/?? Laurent (Laurent will most likely get a War Cleric or Troubadour class line skill from Miriel, since he obviously can't be one of those. I do believe Gregor is best for Sage!Laurent though. The Pass from Gregor is so he can get around a bit better. If I remember correctly, Laurent never did have the greatest movement, unless he's a Dark Knight.)

Frederick x Maribelle: Pavise/Galeforce Brady (Okay, I admit, I've never liked Brady. Or Maribelle for that matter. Also, I think Pavise might be called Great Shield, but I'm not sure. That being besides the point, I don't really want a tank Brady in particular, but I am hoping Pavise might help him survive... more than one turn. You can probably tell I have problems with Brady living. I'll probably make a Dread Fighter!Brady since I have Lost Bloodlines 2 and DF can use Swords, Tomes, and Axes.)

Vaike x Panne: Sol/Swordbreaker Yarne (It's a bit of tossup between Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker passed down by Panne. I suppose it depends on which she has first, I guess. I originally planned for Henry to marry Panne but... Sumia is really picky about who she marries, apparently. I'll more than likely keep Yarne as a Taguel because you only get so many of those.)

Stahl x Cordelia: Dual Guard+/Galeforce Severa (I wasn't sure about Stahl or Vaike, but Stahl has decent stats to give to Severa. I generally marry these two anyways. They seem sweet enough. I'll probably run a physical attacker Severa, but I haven't decided on what class.)

Kellam x Nowi: Pavis/Lifetaker Nah (I want to have a Manakete!Nah, but more on the tank side, which means she doesn't get Galeforce, sadly. Also I hardly ever marry Kellam. Ironically I somehow always overlook his existence when I hook up the couples and after I beat Grima, there's a "Oh I forgot to marry Kellam again. Sorry dude!" moment.)

Henry x Sumia: Lifetaker/Galeforce Cynthia (I cannot believe Sumia can't, or won't, marry Stahl. I've never realized that before until now. Wow. Stahl is an amazing guy Sumia! You're missing out! Anyways, Cynthia's final class will probably be Dark Knight!Cynthia. The magic and the movement is good, and I'm going to have enough heart attacks with pegasi and archers as it is. No need to leave her as a Dark Flier, I think.)

Lon'qu x Olivia: Lethality/Galeforce Inigo (I love Lon'qu and Olivia together, I really do. I think it fits decently in the canonical sense, honestly. Lon'qu is a good father stat and skill wise for Inigo, anyways. Mostly it's "They're cute, 'nuff said." though.)

Virion x Cherche: Lifetaker/?? Gerome (Oh Gerome. I don't know what I'm going to do with you, Gerome. Honestly, I love him to death, but I basically left him last on the list, and I've already decided I want a Gaius!Noire, and Libra's not the greatest father for Gerome, so... Sorry Gerome. He'll probably be a Wyvern Lord!Gerome or Griffon Rider!Gerome. I'm not that creative with reclassing him.)

Gaius x Tharja: Axebreaker/Lifetaker Noire (With Gaius as her father, Noire can get Galeforce, which is good. I'm not really sure what to do with Noire either, I may make her a Sniper or a Bow Knight, but I'm not quite sure.)

That took forever. Let me know what you guys think. Posted this originally as its own thread and I can't figure out how to take it down but someone recommended I put it here instead so... Oops? If someone tells me how to delete a thread I made, I'll go delete the original post. .-. (Quite obviously a newbie, haha.)

That's a huge amount of units, you should stick to 2-3 parent pairs tops in Lunatic unless you really know what you're doing (and then the number depends on how hard you want to push yourself).

If you're grinding, though, then you can do whatever you want. Just don't expect Lunatic to put up enough of a fight to make all your planning worth it.

To be honest I'll probably only marry Chrom/FeMU and most likely Ricken/Lissa and ah, either Stahl/Cordelia or Donnel/Sully, but probably not both. At least, like, I'll probably take Lucina/Owain/one of the two other children into the Endgame battle with me? The others are really for after-game grinding though, I suppose. *muses* I'll most likely use this for like a Normal/Hard playthrough eventually too, so I'll probably work on the kinks in the system later.

Any children you do get, train. They're all much better than the parents.

Gregor/Miriel will be a lot easier for you to train than Ricken/Lissa, if you want a second pair (Lissa is very good, Ricken is very bad, both Gregor and Miriel are pretty good). Stahl and Cordelia could work for a third pair, and if you're OK with Morgan x Severa and Lucina x Laurent all your kids could pair off.

Is there a particular advantage to pairing up the child units a certain way? I've never really paid attention to it in the past, unfortunately. I've already got Miriel already (yay!) but haven't gotten past Chapter 3, so I haven't really had much chance to use her yet. Frederick is taking up all the attention right now. You get Gregor in Chapter 6, right? With Nowi.

For child pairings, S supports > A supports. So the best you can do is to get everyone married, and after that you can use same-gender kids who get A with eachother, or a kid with the stronger of their two parents.

Gregor and Nowi come in Cht.8. Cht.3 is actually the best chance you'll have to get Miriel off the ground, she should be able to get to Lv.5 if your Avatar is strong enough.