Arch's Tutorial Slayer (FE7)

Arch

After seeing a request from Spykor, a member here, I decided to create an alternative to Blazer's Tutorial Killer. I'd heard numerous complaints about the patch and thus I sought to create my own, better version. This is the result of that two day quest.

Download Arch's Tutorial Slayer (UPS)

Download Arch's Tutorial Slayer (JFP)

Just FYI Stuff:

- I gave Sain an Iron Sword since he cannot get one in Easy Mode with the tutorials disabled.

- In Chapter 4 I had to change some movement in the opening event to make things work properly.

There shouldn't be any bugs. However, if you find any please post them here and I'll fix things ASAP.

Edited by General Archibald

Here is the JFP version of the patch which can be applied to in-progress hacks as well as clean ROMs.

Why are people still using UPS?

Just in case there is a person who actually uses JFP format, there you go. I added a link to the first post as well.

Edited by General Archibald

Thank you so much Arch! I will definately use this! :D

EDIT: It suddenly works -_-

Edited by Sirius
Unnecessary double post

Arch, thanks for doing what someone should have done ages ago: made a real tutorial killing patch. There's been the "zero out some offsets" tutorial patches and my glitchy ones but it took ages for someone (cough you) to finally step up and finish what I started. So props to you, and I feel much better because even though I never was 100% successful killing a tutorial, I feel the mission has been completed, making you awesome for doing it. ^_^

...Now all we have to do is bookmark this and go back in time so we can shut up all the people who wanted to get rid of tutorials... and all the people who never made a hack that got past chapter 2, while we're at it. XD

Why are people still using UPS?

No one wants to transition to JFP when it doesn't have anything worthwhile to them involved with the transition. In otherwords, JFP patches are a waste of time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry for the necro, but a friend wanted to use this patch for a hack he's making, but the download link doesn't work. Does anyone still have the patch?

Please don't necropost, much less with complete knowledge that it is against the rules. The thread is over 2 years old.

The personal message system is there for a reason so please utilize it.

Locked; if anyone has it, they can pm you.

Also, I am sure that after 2 years, the patch is probably obsolete anyway (at least I assume it is).

And to be a useful human being, here: http://serenesforest...dpost&p=1566617 (this skips the tactician screen; the tutorial is easily skipped via simple event hacking).