More SRPG recommendations?

MacLovin

man, I think i can get to play civi 5, and a quick google search allows to to do it.

I didn't know they made an emu for dvds.

Warsong/Der Langrisser 1 has a bit of a learning curve.

I'm done with the first map, and I don't know the mechanics very well.

Archers are GOOD in this SRPG?

Edited by Aquaman

man, I think i can get to play civi 5, and a quick google search allows to to do it.

I didn't know they made an emu for dvds.

Warsong/Der Langrisser 1 has a bit of a learning curve.

I'm done with the first map, and I don't know the mechanics very well.

Archers are GOOD in this SRPG?

Der Langrisser is a remake of Langrisser 2.

Archers are only good against flying units. They generally suck and is not worth using. Unit wise its similar to the weapon triangle on Fire Emblem. Soldiers are good against Pikemen. Horsemen are good against Solders. Pikemen are good against Horsemen. Your character and equipping certain accessories can boost your units attack,defense, and command range. You will see on your character A=atk bonus, D=def bonus, CR=command range which is the bonus your troops get when in the command range. Command range is how far your units can be from your main character and get the bonus from your character. Say your character has a command range of 4. Your units will only get the bonus of attack and defense if your within 1-4 range from your character. Also units beside your character will heal 3HP every turn.

Not entirely sure if it qualifies as an SRPG but Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume is like a mix between a field-based strategy game and real-time battles and it's pretty fun and definitely hard if you don't have bonuses from a previous playthrough or if you don't use the plume on characters (what that means will make sense if you try it: it's for the NDS and has great music and pretty solid sprite graphics, I'd definitely suggest it).

Assuming you missed any, go back and play the rest of the SNES or later Fire Emblems. Maybe Gaiden as well if you're game. They're all great SRPGs.

My personal favourites are the Disgaea series (PS2, PS3, PSP, PSV, DS), Tactics Ogre (PSX, PSP and others I think) and Devil Survivor (DS, 3DS).

Since you appear to playing them all on PC, try Battle for Wesnoth. One of the better open source games around, and one of it's primary inspirations is Fire Emblem itself.

I doubt you will be able to play it, but for a cool twist on the SRPG genre, check out Valkyria Chronicles (PS3 and PSP). It's probably my favourite apart from Fire Emblem.

Not entirely sure if it qualifies as an SRPG but Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume is like a mix between a field-based strategy game and real-time battles and it's pretty fun and definitely hard if you don't have bonuses from a previous playthrough or if you don't use the plume on characters (what that means will make sense if you try it: it's for the NDS and has great music and pretty solid sprite graphics, I'd definitely suggest it).

I recommend Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume as well. It's an average SRPG but when you attack, all allies within range will join you, so positioning them properly can get you lots of extra attacks. If you attack enough within one battle you can start using crazy special moves for massive damage. If you have attacks left in a battle after an enemy is defeated you can continue attacking them as Overkill to acquire Sin points. If you have enough Sin at the end of a battle, you will get powerful new items and equipment. There is also a New Game+ and a secret unlockable after finding all three endings. The only thing it doesn't have is multiplayer. Available on DS.

I'm not sure if Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes qualifies, but it is fun to play and has some RPG and strategic elements. Available on DS, PSN, XBLA, and PC. The DS version doesn't have online multiplayer.