The mysterious goth looking woman from the Fire Emblem Awakening.

King Marth 64

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think this woman might be?

• I think she might be a Recruitable Player
    • I think she might be a Recruited Enemy
    • I think she might be an Unrecruited Boss Enemy
    • I think she might be an Unrecruited Ally

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steel Sword, Steel Blade, Steel Poleax, Steel Axe, Steel Greatlance, Steel Lance, Steel Bow, Steel Longbow, Steel Knife, Steel Dagger

This refutes nothing, there are a few of them but they're not (and neer will be) an actual category like Swords or yes, Dark Magic.

An actual category like Dark Magic only "exists" when it's distinct and has its own rank (or at the least, just the first one, like FE9!Knives and Crossbows), where something like Steel "exists" as long as there are a few examples of it.

An actual category like Dark Magic only "exists" when it's distinct and has its own rank (or at the least, just the first one, like FE9!Knives and Crossbows), where something like Steel "exists" as long as there are a few examples of it.

And now we get to the crux of it that you've been avoiding for so long: Why should Steel have a lower standard of existence than Dark?

type (plural types)

A grouping based on shared characteristics; a class.

Steel weapons are a grouping of weapons based on shared characteristics, therefore they are a weapon type. That type is not one that is treated as a specific group of weapons characters have access to all of or none of depending on their class. However, in FE11/12, as we are discussing, neither is dark magic.

I meant "type" as in Swords, Axes, Lances and Bows, that type of thing. I thought that would be pretty fucking obvious, I said Dark Magic as an actual weapon type (like Swords/Lances/Axes/Bows) doesn't exist in FE11/12, it objectively doesn't.

I meant "type" as in Swords, Axes, Lances and Bows, that type of thing. I thought that would be pretty fucking obvious, I said Dark Magic as an actual weapon type (like Swords/Lances/Axes/Bows) doesn't exist in FE11/12, it objectively doesn't.

Of course it doesn't. That is not the dispute here, and I have explained that to you countless times already. I am saying that it exists in another relevant form, exactly like Iron and Steel weapons do.

coffee.gif

Are you guys SERIOUSLY gonna argue about something like this so early into the New Year?

Ha ha... voice acting during battle. That girl's tone. XD

遊んであげるよ。 *Burns with dark-ish fire* (Okay, I'll play with you...)

もう終わり? (Done already?)

That tone reminds me of a certain character... I just don't remember from what.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It's natural, and obvious, that if a weapon rank doesn't exist called Steel, then there's no weapon rank designated for Steel, and it doesn't exist.

What you were saying, however, went beyond the lack of weapon level ranks. You were saying that because there is no Dark Magic level rank in one of the games, that Dark Magic didn't exist period. When in fact, it does. It's just fumbled under a blanket category of Magic.

That's why I asked how you would deal with FE1's weapon ranks, and what weapons would exist then.

This is the stuipdest argument, but in the middle of it I have a question. People are saying "Dark Magic is back" as if it's a rank, but do we have any proof of that? All we've seen is someone use magic that looked Dark.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. He was clearly a Dark Mage in design, but they gave him Wind magic... And then put Dark Magic in FE10 making it really awkward.

But, while Soren looks like a dark mage, he never uses magic that also looks like dark magic. Even if dark magic as a weapon type isn't back, it seems likely that she specializes in it. It might be something like how Merric/Linde had Excalibur/Aura.

Thinking practically for a moment, I don't think they would have shown us a unit casting dark magic if it wasn't going to return to the game in a high capacity (probably a full weapon type with a rank). The appearance of the character in question is less important than the fact that they've decided to show us some dark magic. Also, (while I'm feeling bold) the majority of the last page seems to be less an argument over dark magic and more people arguing past each other about definitions of "type", "class" and "exist" so can we please calm down a bit?

• 1 month later...

I'm more interested in Gaia, she seems female (my trapdar is absolutely horrible for drawings even though it does pretty much 100% for real people, though the name is very girl), but she is fully clothed with pants! Voice clip is a bad ambiguous with the quality though.

I reckon Gaia's a guy. Though it would be nice to buck the trend and have a female assassin.

I reckon Gaia's a guy. Though it would be nice to buck the trend and have a female assassin.

Buck the trend in FE maybe. Female assassin's aren't exactly rare...

Buck the trend in FE maybe. Female assassin's aren't exactly rare...

You know what I meant :p

Marisa was that in FE8, yes? And Lara could be lumped into that if you'd consider the Thief Fighter close enough to assassin :/

Oh, yeah, of course, though I much preferred her as a swordmaster despite the lower caps. And I don't count anything but actual assassins.

So Heather doesn't count either, it was quite disappointing finding out assassin was unique to Volke in FE10.