[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

THIS TOPIC IS OUTDATED

Please go to the new topic for news and updates:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34351&page=1

Elibian Nights

Background Information

I started this side-project a while back. Originally I called it "Archanean Nights" (title inspired by the first song in Aladdin), the goal was to re-create the BSFE games for people to play. However, the unveiling of FE3DS's downloadable chapters (BSFE chapters included) quickly ended that dream. At that point I had dropped the project entirely. Nayr, however, approached me with a new idea. He proposed I continue the spirit of the hack but rename it "Elibian Nights," creating BSFE chapters for the Elibian characters. At first I didn't particularly want to do this. However, I began to explore the idea. I came up with some ideas of my own, reconciled them with Nayr's ideas, and began working on the first tale.

Content
(Based on the un-released v4)

• 13 full-length chapters to play!
    • Eliwood's Tale: Lost Resolve (Tale 1)
    • Raven's Tale: Cornwell's Vengeance (Tale 2)
    • Lyn's Tale: Homecoming (Tale 3)
    • Pent's Tale: The Archsage's Pupil (Tale 4)
    • Hector's Tale: A Leader's Trials (Tale 5)
    • Karel's Tale: From Demon to Saint (Tale 6)
    • Zealot's Tale: Clashing Worlds (Tale 7)
    • Tale 8
    • The Final Tale
    • And three gaiden tales.
  • A playable cast of 60 characters!
  • 20 achievements to unlock!
  • Various other features.

Screenshots

screensversion4.png

Details

Currently eight tales (6 main tales and 2 gaidens) have been completed. There will be two more releases from this point forward (after 2/27/2011); the next one with three new tales and a final one with Elibian Nights' final tale. I hope you enjoy this hack, constructive feedback is more than welcome.

Patches

Download Latest Beta (v4.0ish)
Download Older Version (v3.6)
Download Older Version (v2 Final)

Updates

For regular updates, please go to Fire Emblem Café:

Elibian Nights

Edited by eCut
Requested.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Arch you've outdone yourself this time. I like the whole tales concept so now maybe we can get a little insight on what happened between FE7 and FE6 but tell me will there be any FE6 characters making a cameo?

Edited by Archsage17

If you need an idea, try something with Canas, Niime, maybe a pegasus sister like Farina, and a random person, like how Malice is.

Him dying in a snow storm was my least favorite part of FE6. He was my favorite character. ;_;

Thought that would be probably easy to do with the snow tiles.

Maybe make Hugh a pupil (Ewan's class), only make it so he can go over level 10.

Is that the Illia thing?

Edited by psychout50

If you need an idea, try something with Canas, Niime, maybe a pegasus sister like Farina, and a random person, like how Malice is.

Him dying in a snow storm was my least favorite part of FE6. He was my favorite character. ;_;

Thought that would be probably easy to do with the snow tiles.

Maybe make Hugh a pupil (Ewan's class), only make it so he can go over level 10.

Is that the Illia thing?

That isn't the Ilia story, Canas isn't even in it. I actually don't have any plans to include Canas in a story. I felt that Canas's story is pretty much set, there isn't anything I could add. Whereas with characters like Raven I can finish a story. I'm currently writing Raven's story, it feels amazing to finish Raven's story.

but tell me will there be any FE6 characters making a cameo?

I'm certainly considering it.

@Kai - Eliwood's older portrait is from 15 years after the "end" of FE7. The screens from the first tale don't specifically denote when they're taking place. For all we know right now, it could be a month after Eliwood becomes Marquess, which would mean that the (current) portrait is accurate.

------------

Arch, I saw this when it was posted up last night, but I didn't really have a chance to hop on and leave a comment. I'm not normally one for story extensions and such (at least not after seeing so many of them crop up in ideas - I'm kinda bored with the whole "make a fan sequel/prequel to an existing game story" concept already*), but by adopting a BSFE approach, I think I can safely say that you've taken the concept, lopped some pieces off, ran with it, and then knocked it out of the damn park. I think that the limited scope (compared to a normal, full-on hack) and just the idea to do the story in this manner (when it hasn't been done in FE since BSFE - though, when one thinks about it, BSFE was really just an old precursor to DLC...) has sold me on the concept. Well, that and the teaser screens. Having teaser screens that actually tease the game helps too. ;]

With that being said, I'm eagerly awaiting seeing stuff about Tales 2 and 3. (Heck, I'd almost rather have you work on them instead working on FE4A! The concept's fresh, so you should run with it! (Besides, FE4's already kinda there. Yeah, there's the manga-based missions and such that you're incorporating, compared to revisiting the concepts of BSFE? I'll take the concepts of BSFE, thank you very much. XD))

------------

(Footnotes)

*Well, I should append that, if the concept is executed well, then it doesn't bother me as much. Only a few have actually managed to do this, however.

So for Lyn and Hector's Tale is it safe to assume the they're married to Rath and Florina :blink:

and is this game for FE 8 cause those tiles look FE 8ish

Edited by Archsage17

Glenn, I very happy to receive such a ringing endorsement. I definitely plan on running with this idea, I'm glad you look forward to watching me do so. I started working on the second tale today, here's what I've got so far.

raymond.pngravenandhector.png

heath.pnggeitzkickass.png

(Yeah, I stole Regal Sword's icon. I'd love to make a custom one except I can't sprite to save my life.)

Also, I'm very excited to announce that I might have custom CGs in the project! Blackavar expressed interest in attempting custom CGs and interest in the project itself, I'm crossing my fingers.

@Kai - Eliwood's older portrait is from 15 years after the "end" of FE7. The screens from the first tale don't specifically denote when they're taking place. For all we know right now, it could be a month after Eliwood becomes Marquess, which would mean that the (current) portrait is accurate.

Glenn is correct. The tales in this hack take place at different times between FE7 and FE6. The first tale occurs soon after Eliwood becomes the Marquess. I'm trying to keep the tales in a semi-chronological order, Zephiel's being the last event to occur.

Edited by General Archibald

Wow. It's looking pretty awesome.

I'd do the weapon icon but I don't have any ideas of what it should look like, unfortunately... XP

Also, I can't help but noticing that an Araphen soldier is being attacked. In Araphen. D:

• 2 weeks later...
Also, I can't help but noticing that an Araphen soldier is being attacked. In Araphen. D:

well their leader was being a jerk in Lyns tale in fe7 so raven just wants them to appologize

What's wrong with? that Raven is epic so he can attack whoever he wants :awesome:

Edited by HongLei

• 2 weeks later...

(Yeah, I stole Regal Sword's icon. I'd love to make a custom one except I can't sprite to save my life.)

Why not just use Audhulma's icon from FE8 just like you used Sieglinde's earlier. Great project btw, i look forward to seeing it completed.

Edited by Jediabiwan

I'm sorry for the lack of updates on this project lately. I've been very busy with life and other things but I recently got around to writing the script for the third tale. Expect screens soon and a patch when I complete the third tale (hopefully next weekend).

well their leader was being a jerk in Lyns tale in fe7 so raven just wants them to appologize

What's wrong with? that Raven is epic so he can attack whoever he wants :awesome:

Yes, you're both very observant. Raven IS in Araphen, however I promise that there's a far better reason than what you crossed out. A big part of this project is the story, I'm not going to have Raven randomly attacking Araphen because I wanted to have Raven in the hack.

I think I know why Raven is in Araphen

Is it because Lucius sets up the orphanage there after FE7?

The third tale is coming along rather nicely. I should be able to get the release by this weekend. Have fun with the teaser screens.

goodeyes.pngrath.pnglynonmap.png

Edited by General Archibald

The third tale is coming along rather nicely. I should be able to get the release by this weekend. Have fun with the teaser screens.

Excellent, looking forward to it.

O_o Enemy Rath? :(

Likely recruited by Lyn though if he isn't, I'd have to say that's a nice twist.

rath.png

What is this I don't even.

I bet he's recruitable though. Heh, that'd make Rath originally start as all of the teams once, though: a PC when he joins in FE7 Araphen, an NPC when he joins later on, and he starts as an enemy here.

Beta testing is underway, everything is progressing very well. The patch looks like it'll be out this weekend. Just need to do the end of Tale 3 and have that beta tested.

Enjoy some more teaser screens.

blagistouch.pngaaapoorlucius.pngaakutolahfight.png

Oh, I've been warned that pairing whores are going to hate me. I'm fortifying my desk to withstand the inevitable firestorm.

It's the weekend! Where is it? I'm salivating. :drool:

Oh, I've been warned that pairing whores are going to hate me.

Well you got Eliwood/Ninian at least so you're safe on that front. >_>

Oh, I've been warned that pairing whores are going to hate me. I'm fortifying my desk to withstand the inevitable firestorm.

is that why rath is evil because Lyn married someone else