Badge updates

VincentASM

After discussing at length with the staff, I have decided to change the way member badges are handled.

Before, there was chaos as members had a whole assortment of badges, making it difficult to identify staff members. Additionally, some staff members and retired staff members were disappointed that they were stuck with the same badge, while normal members have a variety to choose from.

To solve this problem, every single regular member will now proudly wear the same badge, which in true Serenes Forest fashion, will be Rafiel, the only true heron left in existance.

Staff members and retired staff members can now choose their badge by using the badge selector when editing their profle--however, make sure to stay away from badges with a star after them, because these aren't ready to be used. NTG sillily lost her PSD files and we're attempting to recover the badges she made.

Have a good day!

EDIT

An update

Help, somebody!?

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aw, I don't like that. but than again, I don't think anybody really does.

I guess making 2 badges for every character (member&admin) is out of the question?

I really hope this is an April Fools thing...

hehe, didn't even think of that. sounds quite logical, why else announce this on this foolish day?

Edited by whase

Rafiel? Guh... Hopefully this is an April Fools shenanigan. Still, it could be worse.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Restricting the Herons to the admins was unnecessary. And it's not like anyone would want anyone but Rafiel anyway. Heck, I made a css-file to display Rafiel for everyones badges months ago.

I haven't really updated that one, to keep up with all those new badges, though.

But from what I can see, other staff members also have Heron badges so it's not getting any easier to distinguish staff members as intended if they choose to use them.

Also it probably isn't a prank since that would have started like 12 hours earlier.

Edited by BrightBow

^That's what he wants you to think.

After all the trouble they went through to get all the badges, asking us for insight, doing the competition, and then the Tellius nominating thing, and finally letting us choose our own badge, they're not simply disregarding it all and only let the staff choose.

It's the 1st of april, for god's sake. C'mon.

And the time on the day doesn't matter, so long as it is the 1st somewhere in the world, it counts.

Buuuuut, maybe I'm just wrong after all and this is for real, in which case I'd be disappointed, but will have to dealwithit (but I highly doubt it, the timing is just too perfect).

Now that you mention it, Vincent should probably ignore all the votes for the poll from regular members since it's meaningless for them anyway. Besides, maybe Jill actually wins that way.

A prank? Why would anyone need anything but the magnificent Rafiel? He dons his splendid armor and crushes the enemies with his mighty axe, to be the greatest warrior in any FE game. Of course this is no prank.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31471

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31470

Posted two days ago, and still open. What do you think that means, seriously?

It's April Fools.

Herr derp.

Which is why I'm convinced this is some kind of April Fool's shenanigan.

Nothing new here

Indeed

A prank? Why would anyone need anything but the magnificent Rafiel? He dons his splendid armor and crushes the enemies with his mighty axe, to be the greatest warrior in any FE game. Of course this is no prank.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31471

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31470

Posted two days ago, and still open. What do you think that means, seriously?

Being an awesome warrior doesn't do you any good when your move is so bad, you never reach the front lines in time.

Being an awesome warrior doesn't do you any good when your move is so bad, you never reach the front lines in time.

Rafiel is the front lines. The battle always keeps pace with his 3 Move. He's that awesome.

After all, what would a front line be without the fantastic tanking of his 0% Def growth?

Edited by Othin

D'oh, April Fools! I totally see it coming!cool.gif

Even then, the Rafy badge isn't that bad or anything...

Edited by *Narshen*

I should have been given admin/mod powers.

*Feed all the threads to Ultima!... and ban Tangerine!* :newyears:

Edited by SlayerX