Doesn't it bother you the lack of Online Battles...

IS been doing this since the transition from SNES to GBA they become simpler alot of awesome abilities we had in FE5 were not found in the GBA version,but they continued to evolve until we reached FE10....Fire Emblem 11 and 12 we more basic than any game in the series, but still they were the only games that had Online battles which weren't perfect but still good enough, and now comes FE13 the awesome game that put everything from old games inside, it has a perfect enviorment for online battles, it has over 150 unit that you can choose from,you can train your character with no limits, you can have unlimited items, it has DLC....but it doesn't have online battles....

I know my writing isn't neat and nice but still it's understandable hopefully someone agrees with me :D.

No. I never bothered with them in FE11/12 anyway.

However, I wouldn't have minded some kind of online battle thing, if they had a post-game where you could train/max people out. But the lack of the online battles doesn't bother me at all. The lack of a post-game is another story.

FE6's "backwards" is part of that problem where almost any console series moving to handheld loses a lot of its "buffness" in the process. The last two games were more basic because the were remakes of 20-year old games.

So actually, the series has been moving forward, considering that not only did it pull itself back after the GBA games, it then mixed those elements together with the console elements in this new FE13 game.

I'm really interested to see what the next game has... too bad it's back to waiting for the next game now D:

FE6's "backwards" is part of that problem where almost any console series moving to handheld loses a lot of its "buffness" in the process. The last two games were more basic because the were remakes of 20-year old games.

So actually, the series has been moving forward, considering that not only did it pull itself back after the GBA games, it then mixed those elements together with the console elements in this new FE13 game.

I'm really interested to see what the next game has... too bad it's back to waiting for the next game now D:

that's true, FE13 is awesome and all but it feels it was only made to grab money, hopefully FE14 will be on the Wii U

Link arenas were fun to fool around with in GBA FEs. Although, it was tedious to max out stats on an actual cart.

WiFi battles are all about caps and planning strategically with your characters. I could never really get into them because RNG abusing max stats again is too boring.

Sure, WiFi battles would have been interesting to have again, but I'm sure there's enough to do in the game as it is.

Link arenas were fun to fool around with in GBA FEs. Although, it was tedious to max out stats on an actual cart.

WiFi battles are all about caps and planning strategically with your characters. I could never really get into them because RNG abusing max stats again is too boring.

Sure, WiFi battles would have been interesting to have again, but I'm sure there's enough to do in the game as it is.

it will increase the game longevity...it wouldn't be bad at all I really like it tbh and it will be a really good system if it had 2 modes , Rental untis mode and your units mode, rental units mode is a mode where you choose a team from premade characters with same caps across all the games and weapons, and you can have the other mode with your own units......and we can have another mode for who can finish the map first....it will be awesome mode where you can have alot difficulties.

I don't think it could make the game run longer... not even Advance Wars did well with multiplayer, and that is a game where you'd think it'd be the killer feature of the game I blame mediocre gameplay and presentation

I think they could've afforded some small skirmish thing of player versus player, at the very least though.

I'm ok with it not having a formal multiplayer mode, the game is great as it is. I find it better to have a complete single-player game and limited or no multiplayer, than a mediocre 1-p and a good multiplayer. FE has always been about the decisions of a single tactician against an opposing army that is mostly predictable, although I can think of many ways to improve it and implement better multiplayer.

The DS games had a good idea, but their execution was a little lackluster as far as I've seen from videos and reading up on all the features. I haven't played multiplayer on FE11 yet because I don't have WiFi at the moment and nobody I know in this island owns the game, and I feel no need to grind my units to stand a chance against maxed-out folk and Imhullu haxorz, and then go somewhere to play. I can settle for streetpass MyUnit battles.

On Advance Wars, my favorite feature was that you could even do multiplayer with some GBAs, one cartridge and a link cable. AW could pull a multiplayer off more easily because the units are generic, the tile layout is a bit more simplistic and there is less randomness/more fairness. FE has different individuals with a wide variety of equipment as units. It would take a lot of space to fit a decent multiplayer like the previous games, and that would be space taken from more essential features of the 'best of FE' gameplay this game is trying to convey. There are things that can still be done to refine streetpass as a multiplayer option, but it's unlikely they'll alter it, and instead focus on DLC/spotpass.

I never found building a FE11 team that tedious, as long as you go with no forges and little to no RNG abuse. Just complete the game, feeding only certain characters (and maybe two extras in case someone turns out bad) - most wifi teams in random online are done like this, and it's not particularly time-consuming or tedious. Kind of like a normal playthrough, with just being limited to few characters. Maybe leave a little cash to later buy the braves and fine-tune your team. Even if you don't cap all stats, you can get close enough (except with MAG is it doesn't matter and RES). The most important thing is to cap speed and weapon levels, and most characters can do this naturally with ease. Even then, there are 6 speedwings and 3 arms scrolls.

The heavy RNG team-building world is another story, one which doesn't matter. Personally, though, I found the wifi interesting and fun to fiddle with. Strategy and a bit of luck is over everything else, and with planning, you can overcome any weakness from not RNG abusing. Of course, teams like Wrys/Ban-Ban/Jeigan/Xane/Jeorge probably won't work well without RNG abuse (probably not even with it), but if you're not stupid, making a team which stands a good chance doesn't really take that much extra effort.

Obviously, this doesn't mean that others should like it. I just think that it's an argument thrown too much against wifi. Capped SPD/STR/SKL characters aren't that rare in normal playthroughs anyway, and those kind of characters are the ones you typically see online. Hackers? I've played against them maybe one time out of 15, that is, they aren't troublesome anymore. Of course, there's the occasional person with forged braves and capped DEF/RES, but I've managed to beat teams like that with strategy. (only a couple of times, though, sure, but it's not impossible) I guess that even better than wifi, would be to have someone to play with locally, and fool around in low-tier matches and interesting stuff like that. But I think it's a nice addition, and personally don't want multiplayer to be removed, even if it adds to the game towards only a handful of people. It's not detrimental, after all.

Lol I wrote a text wall, wtf.

If Fire Emblem took a page from Pokemon, and made an actual after-game, and made that after-game much more accessible to the average player, then WiFi battles for FE would be an actual thing, much like how Competitive Pokemon is a thing.

You don't see hundreds of online narrated battles for Fire Emblem like you do for Pokemon, and that's because its just too hard/boring to access.

It's an idea that has a lot of potential, but needs some reworking to have more ground.. so no WiFi battles for Awakening isn't TOO big of an issue, IMHO.

Yes and No.

I think that given the mechanics of 13 they could have made a very nice Vs. mode, and while the 3DS is hackproof there wouldn't be the issues FE11 and FE12 had when people had 99 move, infinite turn ones, and maxed out everything tomes. The Statgrind runs would still be there, but those were hardly an issue. I mean, I managed to pull a team together that way pretty well without too much level tweaking.

With the cast options, class options, ability options you could have seen some interesting tactics for online battles. But I'm not going to miss it too much that it isn't there.

If Fire Emblem took a page from Pokemon, and made an actual after-game, and made that after-game much more accessible to the average player, then WiFi battles for FE would be an actual thing, much like how Competitive Pokemon is a thing.

It'd also need some big gameplay revamps. Part of what makes Pokemon viable is that the different species have different abilities, and even inside the same species you can get different stats and attacks. In every Fire Emblem released so far, the ideal builds are much more obvious, and any character prepared just for battle will basically have everything maxed.

Fire Emblem either would need a much more complex meta-game, with less luck factoring into things, or the Vs mode would need to use preset standard teams, leaving the players in the same conditions (like in a pure strategy game). Even in the later case, it'd also need restrained luck based elements.

What about if they had a mode that where the match is made into 2 parts, first part both groups choose a group of 5 characters, every character is level one the growth rates are the same, both group go through skirmish , and they have to lvl to 5 maximum , both skirmishes are timed you have to kill as fast as possible to make your character level faster, one the times up, both groups meat in one map and fight togother, the one who leveled his character well will have advantages, both teams have buffed defense, and the weapons are the bronze weapons.

What about if they had a mode that where the match is made into 2 parts, first part both groups choose a group of 5 characters, every character is level one the growth rates are the same, both group go through skirmish , and they have to lvl to 5 maximum , both skirmishes are timed you have to kill as fast as possible to make your character level faster, one the times up, both groups meat in one map and fight togother, the one who leveled his character well will have advantages, both teams have buffed defense, and the weapons are the bronze weapons.

We've added a new mode to Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

It's a special mode where all items are turned off.

And the only accessible stage is Final Destination.

Also you can only play Fox.

There's not much creativity in your strategy, it's all the same. The characters might as well all be the same if you do that too. Even FE11 and 12 had better creativity in their online... well, before hackers happened.

It'd also need some big gameplay revamps. Part of what makes Pokemon viable is that the different species have different abilities, and even inside the same species you can get different stats and attacks. In every Fire Emblem released so far, the ideal builds are much more obvious, and any character prepared just for battle will basically have everything maxed.

Fire Emblem either would need a much more complex meta-game, with less luck factoring into things, or the Vs mode would need to use preset standard teams, leaving the players in the same conditions (like in a pure strategy game). Even in the later case, it'd also need restrained luck based elements.

That's a great point that you make. Major balancing would need to exist.. I could see them doing that in a regulation sort of manner. Maybe a cost from a pool of points for units depending on their strength? Just useless theorizing, but i'm sure there's a way.

Though, do you really think that luck would need to be removed? I mean, yes it certainly exists, but the way the luck works is more logical than in other games, I feel. I guess just coming from a background of competitive pokemon, where critical hits in pokemon feel much more random and game changing than in FE. In FE, you have a visual statistic of the critical hit chance that's different per unit/class. In my mind, that simply opens up a lot more risk-vs-reward scenarios than break the game or anything. It's more reminiscent of real world strategy (I use that lightly, of course lol), where "chance" is certainly a factor.

No. I never bothered with them in FE11/12 anyway.

However, I wouldn't have minded some kind of online battle thing, if they had a post-game where you could train/max people out. But the lack of the online battles doesn't bother me at all. The lack of a post-game is another story.

Are you telling me there's no post-game at all? :(

I do have Wi-Fi connection at my house, but I couldn't set it up on my DS since its the router is locked and I get access on my Wii and Nintendo 3DS (for Nintendo DSi and 3DS software) for connecting to the internet. And I usually use the Wi-Fi on Shadow Dragon (incase if there's a Wi-Fi spot) for get into the Shop. I hope that we have good online battles for Kakusei.

Are you telling me there's no post-game at all? :(

There isn't a specifically designated one, but the game doesn't save over your data from before the Final: you can keep it and just play from there as you would in Creature Campaign or whatever else.

The lack of online battles isn't necessarily that bad either, since it seems you can still fight powerful enemy player teams through StreetPass; they're just AI-controlled. It sounds like it should be limited by proximity, but I've somehow encountered four player teams already. Granted, it would be better to have full online battles, and I don't know why we don't, but I don't see cause for a ton of complaint.

There isn't a specifically designated one, but the game doesn't save over your data from before the Final: you can keep it and just play from there as you would in Creature Campaign or whatever else.

Oh, so you can still roam the map and replay the last chapter, but there's nothing like the Lagdou Ruins?

Well, the closest thing to those probably are the DLC maps, but those are paid extra content. We're supposed to get free Spotpass maps at some point though according to the list of content possible for the spotpass.

Oh, so you can still roam the map and replay the last chapter, but there's nothing like the Lagdou Ruins?

Correct. There's a lot to do: some groups of enemies get even stronger than the final chapter enemies, particularly enemy MU teams and SpotPass characters.