Editing the FE6 Patch

Popo

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should the name "Miledy" be kept or retranslated to something else?

2. 2. Should the name "Yuno" be changed to "Juno"?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't feed the trolls.

At any rate, what else is going to be changed in addition to the translation?

Aside from what was laid out in the first post, nothing else at the moment. :3 A few posts ago, I mentioned that there might be a collaboration project with some other users who want to make various large-scale changes to FE6, but since I'm a total beginner at hacking, and since Cam has tried to make things easy on me by disabling the other aspects of the editor, I personally don't have any other changes planned outside of the script.

That's a good thought. I'm sure there is a way, but I don't know if that would involve bringing other elements of the editor into use. Cam shut everything else off, but if changing the endings is the same as editing normal text, then I think we should work on that at some point. :3 My biggest concern is rearranging the portraits and text boxes to create the paired ending screens. I'm not sure how that works yet. XP

... eff, that.

Conditions everywhere. ASM.

That's a good thought. I'm sure there is a way, but I don't know if that would involve bringing other elements of the editor into use. Cam shut everything else off, but if changing the endings is the same as editing normal text, then I think we should work on that at some point. :3 My biggest concern is rearranging the portraits and text boxes to create the paired ending screens. I'm not sure how that works yet. XP

... eff, that.

Conditions everywhere. ASM.

well that's one MORE thing for my hacking inbox...

but yeah it'd require looking into the asm used in roy's endings and applying it to the other characters

Aside from what was laid out in the first post, nothing else at the moment. :3 A few posts ago, I mentioned that there might be a collaboration project with some other users who want to make various large-scale changes to FE6, but since I'm a total beginner at hacking, and since Cam has tried to make things easy on me by disabling the other aspects of the editor, I personally don't have any other changes planned outside of the script.

I actually shut things off because we know that something that the editor does causes massive bugs; problem is that nobody has any idea how the hell this bug works, where it came from, or what the hell created the bug in the first place. My suspicions lie with either the autopatches or the way the metadata is set up (maybe that metric fuckton of freespace isn't all free). Either way, Rey wanted me to just bypass all of that by disabling every auto patch except the one that relates to allowing text hacking; we're crossing our fingers and relying on devout prayer that it's not the Anti-Huffman (or a metadata issue as I'm becoming increasingly more inclined to believe is the case).

If I actually wanted to disable the other functions I could do that, but it'd take a bit longer for me to locate the necessary code in FEditor's source; for now I'm just warning you to stay away from them because they don't work properly anyway

Edited by Camtech

oh yeah one thing that i just remembered

is it possible in any way to change the name of the sealed sword to the sword of seals

It's too long on the battle screen. It'll get cut off.

SwordofSealsCutOff1.png

SwordofSealsCutOff2.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

Let's go with yours then: Swd of Seals. Stupid character limits.

I like this idea as well. :3

--

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still interested in working on this, but haven't progressed past Chapter 1. This week has been a whirlwind that ended with me having the flu. Hopefully I'll have time to start Chapter 2 later this afternoon. :3

If you know how to edit the font graphics, you could consider creating squished tiles to fit in "Sword of Seals". I know the English version of FE7 has squished tiles for some text.

Anyway, good luck with the project ^^

If you know how to edit the font graphics, you could consider creating squished tiles to fit in "Sword of Seals". I know the English version of FE7 has squished tiles for some text.

Teach us, you freaking British Ninja Admin.

I'm not sure there would still be enough room... there's too many 3-minimum characters already as it is (a majority of the name is vowels).

Still, one could mock it up and easily see if the length fits or not.

Yo. Some fixes for you while I'm at it:

Lilina and Garret Supports: Click

Video:

The original was deleted, but it originally had messed up character labels with Lilina saying "Listen kid, there's no way in hell..."

I don't know about you, Popo, but I THINK that... MAYBE... that sounds COMPLETELY wrong? XD

Lilina and Astol Supports: Click

Videos:

New:

Old: Click to see the old one

Feel free to edit them as you please. I took some creative liberties to make them "better" for the FE6 Support Library as I saw fit... I don't know if they'd correspond with your edits though.

Hey! Thanks a lot for working on that. They look pretty good to me. I see just a few little sentences that I would alter, but that can wait. :3

I have a lot of changes that I want to make to the supports in general. XD

Hey Popo :) I don't know if this helps at all, for all I know it could be the script the original FE6 patch uses, but I happened to have this bookmarked from when I couldn't get the ips to soft patch when I still was a newb. So I was playing in Japanese and reading this as I went along.... Might be helpful as a reference as an alternate translation? :P I don't know, just thought it might be helpful :) http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/563015-fire-emblem-fuuin-no-tsurugi/faqs/26673

Hey Popo :) I don't know if this helps at all, for all I know it could be the script the original FE6 patch uses, but I happened to have this bookmarked from when I couldn't get the ips to soft patch when I still was a newb. So I was playing in Japanese and reading this as I went along.... Might be helpful as a reference as an alternate translation? :P I don't know, just thought it might be helpful :) http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/563015-fire-emblem-fuuin-no-tsurugi/faqs/26673

Thanks! This looks like the one I'm currently using, but it's always nice to have a copy of the original hanging around. :D

The new thread titled "Fixing the rank error" (about an unrelated subject) reminds me that the current translation patch switches around the categories for the ranks. This error should be addressed when you do your updating, Popo.

The new thread titled "Fixing the rank error" (about an unrelated subject) reminds me that the current translation patch switches around the categories for the ranks. This error should be addressed when you do your updating, Popo.

Could you explain this issue to me in greater detail? I'm not sure what you're referring to. :o

Could you explain this issue to me in greater detail? I'm not sure what you're referring to. :o

There's a 3x2 table at the end of the game that gives you the ranks. In the current English patch, the ranking names are all switched around, so e.g., Funds is actually Tactics, Tactics is actually Power, etc. (this is not really what they're switched to, but it's still messed up nonetheless).