Naglfar

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh shit oh shit i finished it i finished something

again if you want more let me know idgaf we'll see

Individual Performance

Rein: Didn't post much, seemingly through a combination of injury, illness and being Rein, but was generally on the ball all around. Ended up on a lot of bandwagons and was more correct in his suspicions as the game progressed. He was definitely a couple steps ahead of a lot of the other players.

jesus christ i just fucking posted

do all my posts have to be in fucking rainbows for people to notice them

JB: Didn't seem to be paying much attention early on, and focused much of his pressure on whoever was stupidest at the time, not really a reliable way of finding the mafia. If I'm to be honest, I think he was confusing judgemental tendencies for actual reads. When that died down, he didn't seem to have any strong opinions, and was confused sometimes, which may have been a product of him being busy with school. By the time he began appearing on the ball, what was left of the game wasn't really that hard to figure out.

Hazel couldn't stand all the bickering, but starting a fire... that would be interesting. There, however, was one problem with it.

"They won't fall for a fire. They wouldn't think us as stupid as to actually start a campfire, for sure. Also, how could you think of leaving someone here to fend them off alone? That's... too cruel..."

Eclipse: She's Eclipse. Posts summaries, scolds everyone in a motherly way, keeps people active and on their toes, is the best cop. There was no stopping her following her investigation of Kaoz. If I'm to critique her play, I'd say that she focuses a bit too hard on activity levels. She's also a filthy drunk. Town MVP.

Oh, CRAP, I need to do a summary!

Core: More difficult to get a read on this guy. He posted a fair bit of good content, and appears to have some slightly alternative ideas about scumhunting? Despite his well-founded logic, he had a humorous tendency to be wrong. He got way too caught up in the 13th debacle, which is surely what jammed his scumdar and ultimately got him shot.

I actually never did a /ranked/ list based on townishness.

Feels necessary.

Townish

Strawman

Kay

Shinori

Iris

Nightmare

Sho

Rein

Rapier

Bizz

Eclipse

JB

Blitz

13th

Scummy

Bizz and Snike: Nightmare was the only reason Bizz didn't withdraw her signup. She was as invested in the game as that fact would lead you to believe. She consistently acted preoccupied and tired, if you ask me, and yet still managed to have a better grasp of the earlygame than the vast majority of the other players, if not all of them. Sadly, she subbed out during Day 2.

Yeah, another thing, calling ____ role an idiot or 'retarded' really doesn't help anything, especially since none of us know the full story. So shut the fuck up, etc. (I'm speaking from experience--how do you think the vig, should they exist, feels to be called unnecessary names? Especially since you were 'so sure' about Blitz and were wrong?)

Snike subbed in for Bizz, said some crazy shit, shot two townies, then got killed by Sho. But seriously, he took charge during the weird claim party with the independents and tried to get the game back on track. Unfortunately he decided he was going to try to find Odin - who was Sho, who wasn't about to go back on a claim, so that didn't get anyone anywhere. I don't really see anything amounting to a significant opinion from him, save a desire to get rid of 13th. Guys, you're not going to find scum by getting caught up trying to rationalise a lynch of the persuader who claimed fool and then went back to his original claim. Some things just mean nothing.

holy shit

this game

just this game

Shinori and Kaoz: Shinori did nothing before he subbed. He weighed in a little on the 13th issue, but... that doesn't mean much when you're mafia. I don't even have a quote for this guy.

Kaoz came in and quickly got the mafia on track. He was active in the thread, posting very logical things. I question his decision to encourage a Sho lynch, since keeping Sho around so he could keep spouting bullshit could be, and was, a good way to keep the town distracted. It didn't last the phase though, he proceeded to advocate a lynch of a handful of other people. He probably would have won the game for his faction had he not been caught out by Eclipse, who he intentionally spared on Night 1 for the sake of a more interesting game. Even though the root of the mafia's defeat is on his hands, I'm going to give him Mafia MVP.

ARvr9.jpg

Nightmare: His posts were sparse, but to the point and insightful. Nightmare's play was concise, easy to follow, and frankly pleasant. His reads were... inconsistent. He could stand to add some conviction, though. His reasoning could have been stronger and I don't feel he had much of a presence, if you know what I mean. A misstep made him the only townie to be killed by Strawman's role. Play a game with me sometime, ないとめあ君。

No thanks. If being more active means posting eleven times per second like you do, I'm good. I'd rather flex my muscles.

Kay: Being Kay, she didn't post much. Her early posts seemed to be more pro-town than the townies, interestingly enough. Essentially her posts were fairly sound and helped promote a town image for herself, but it seems she didn't fool the more quiet players, and Iris caught her out with her role in a particularly unlucky way. This basically guaranteed the mafia's loss.

No quote because Kay never says anything colourful.

Rapier: I have a lot of problems with how Rapier played. I can see him being noncommittal, unconfident and self-contradictory, going Super Tunnel Brothers and making odd leaps of logic in a bunch of places. More or less drove the game in the same pointless direction until he himself was accused, then he started acting smug and annoying. Then he died... also, Freudian slips.

12. Strawman - Acts like JB, but he makes sense and participates on the discussion rather than nail someone agaisnt the wall hard.

Blitz: The guy who spoke a lot yet said very little. He often posted multiple times per page and contributing nothing in any of them, and his suspicions seemed to revolve entirely around activity (and perceived defensiveness towards inactive players). I know he didn't survive past Day 1, but he really never said anything meaningful.

lol

(he said that three times)

Iris: Everybody's favourite votaler. Actually, that's the majority of what she did... I'm kind of surprised that nobody really had a negative read on her despite the fact that she posted exceedingly little content. I suppose everyone was just preoccupied with a certain trio. She took a neutral stance on most of the earlygame issues, which was the correct answer, though she never pushed much. In the end, she found Kay with her role, completely countering the janitor ability. This alone would make her Town MVP if only Eclipse wasn't here, but instead I'll give her the gold sports prize for bowling a wicked googly with her crystal ball. Eclipse shouldn't have taught her Facepalm-fu.

:facepalm:

Strawman: Strawman, the best townie. No wait, he was scum. My favourite thing about Strawman's play is that things would have been a lot easier for the town if they had taken his advice in the thread. I think we can count this as evidence that playing a completely pro-town game (in the thread) as scum may be a viable strategy, because it wins you townpoints while the dumb players ensure that your insight is never acted upon. Unfortunately, this apparently isn't the best tactic when you want as many townies to target you as you can get; only Nightmare died this way and Eclipse was under JB's protection.

CORE AND IRIS ARE OBV SCUM BUDDIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13th: the worst player in the town If anything characterises how 13th played, it's how he spent too much time defending himself in a depressing way. His reads felt... eroded, probably because he didn't care much. Despite all this, Night 4 came around and he was suddenly on the ball... then Snike killed him. Shame. And remember kids, never claim when you're high.

No quote because he was being too depressing for most of the game to say anything funny.

Sho: nope

...okay, fine

Sho's attitude had him on the verge of being lynched all game. Since he was the wolf, this was not a good thing and guaranteed that he was going to die as soon as the town ran out of obvious lynch targets. There's really not much else to say... he did do one thing well, though. Apparently, he managed to make his fakeclaim in such a way that not one person took notice of the fact that he was taking all of his cues from Rapier's very timid and gradual claim. Maybe it was just because nobody wanted to read his posts any more than they absolutely had to. I also wonder what he intended to do when the town inevitably figured out that nobody could be Odin but him, if he had survived longer.

No quote because I'm not going through 253 posts of RAEG in an attempt to find one.

Good job on getting this done and more elaborate than I expected at that.

Personally, I believe Strawman should be Mafia MVP instead of me btw, he played very well overall while I did some things that hindered us.

I feel validated.

I can't say I didn't consider Strawman for scumvp, but I just wasn't feeling it. I may have done it if the mafia won, but no luck there. Oh well.

The only thing I remember about this game was bad headaches :facepalm: and that I had awesome night actions (scried 1 independent, 2 mafia), haha. :)

Thanks for putting up postgame, it was an interesting read~!

Personally, I believe Strawman should be Mafia MVP instead of me btw, he played very well overall while I did some things that hindered us.

I'm flattered. however...

I can't say I didn't consider Strawman for scumvp, but I just wasn't feeling it. I may have done it if the mafia won, but no luck there. Oh well.

I agree with Nag's decision that Kaoz was Maf mvp. If you would recall I only played remotely well because you and I were talking basically all the time on aim and you were helping me a ton, so I think you did way more for the maf than I did.

jaybee loves me and always protects me as doc <3

and i love you too jaybee

says you

and I like to think myself an authority on that because I just did a postgame on something with a day 1 that lasted over thirty pages before Rein posted his little ISO trick in headquarters (seriously IP.Board why is all your functionality hidden somewhere between two hundred feet underground and the fucking void)

I don't know what I would have done had you survived longer

so don't do it again

I don't know what I would have done had you survived longer

so don't do it again

lol, anyways, I probably will never get an entire day in front of the comp with great net anyways, so most likely will never happen again.BUT, if I do get it, the mod can jump in a lake

there were some advantages in it too, which helps gaining info, just that it gets lost in the gigantic pile of posts

seriously IP.Board why is all your functionality hidden somewhere between two hundred feet underground and the fucking void

indeed

there were some advantages in it too, which helps gaining info, just that it gets lost in the gigantic pile of posts

Can you see how that might be a small problem here? And with small I mean pretty big.

Seriously, don't do it anymore, it hurts way more than it helps.

Can you see how that might be a small problem here? And with small I mean pretty big.

Seriously, don't do it anymore, it hurts way more than it helps.

lol

I am only gonna agree cause the master of Chaos can't handle it (how am I supposed to if he can't?)

you posted nothing of value, then wasted a lynch and a town slot

what in this is advantageous