Feedback for Thracia UV

General Banzai

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit I thought this was rather crude at the beginning, but it's really grown on me. The second best Thumbnail Theatre FE parody I have ever read.

(I MUST know what happens in chapter 11 I can hardly bear the biding)

Between Merlock's retreat, taxidermied arms being thrown around, the cult of the boring and "turtling is a leegitimate strategy", this might have been the best thing I've ever got out of providing some feedback <3

Edited by Axie

How many chapters do you have done currently? You must plan this ahead.

I'm currently halfway through Ch 11

I got some good Kempf material but then all of a sudden a wild school year appeared so I haven't had the chance to work any further

A lot of the problem is I get a chapter written, but then formatting is a bitch so I sit on chapters for long stretches of time

Oh my god 11x is probably the best chapter so far. The movie discussion slayed me and Kemp(u)f was hilarious and Fred's bro Ralph needs to be promoted (*bromoted) to the main cast now screw joining time

Edited by Axie

• 2 weeks later...

Almost moth passes since last update.

Please, I want to see more. It's great!

EDIT: LOL, Finn and Fred mugs are so similar. They have only different hair and chlotes.

Edited by Nicolas

• 2 weeks later...

Like Nicolas, I really want to see more. Are you suffering from a case of writer's block? If so, I can help.

I've written Chapter 12 and it's not terrible but it's a step down from 11

The problem is I'm switching the perspective back to Rifis gang only to find they're all kinda lame

Like Dalshin and Asvel, such comedy potential

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you actually make up Homer's lines? He spits fire.

Off the top yo

@Banzai: You said earlier in this topic you did something similar to this for FEs 7, 8, 9 and 11. Do you know where I can find these?

FE7UV no longer exists. It was on the Nsider forum, which went kaput for good in 2007, not even an archive remains. I wrote it when I was like 15 anyway so it's not very good.

FESSUV is the only UV I've actually finished. The quality is pretty up and down. The site it's on, Nsider2, had some formatting overhaul at some point so apostrophes and other grammar markers look weird, but it's still readable. Once you get to Chapter 15 or 16, the quality ramps up majorly, and the final chapter is just epic.

PoRUV assumedly still exists, as it's on the same board FESSUV is on. But I can't find it. I also didn't get very far on it, only to about Ch 7 or 8. I think what I did write is pretty good quality, but I had a lot of difficulty distinguishing myself from Radiance Theatre, which is basically the #1 FE parody of all time. Of all time.

FESDUV is mostly finished. I got to Ch 20 I believe. The thing is, a lot of what happens in FESDUV is a direct sequel to what happens in FESSUV, so I'd recommend reading FESDUV first, or at least the final chapters of FESDUV. If I ever do an FE13UV, I plan to write the final few chapters of this in tandem with it. Fun fact, the currently in-development Chapter 15 of Thracia UV (I've already written 14x) has a joke that references FESDUV. I've generally abstained from refrance jokes in ThraciaUV but it fit.