OMG it's a tier list

Florete

Tier List FAQ by Vykan12. Please read and understand before posting.

This topic was linked on Encyclopedia Dramatica. Awesome or awesome?

T = PoR transfer, followed by the stats assumed to have capped. (PoR stat boosters are occasionally assumed)

N = No transfer, or "Normal."

[spoiler=Transfer notes]-An N/T means the normal and transfer version of that character are right next to each other with the (T) version on top but kept in the same spot to avoid the redundancy of listing the character twice. Where applicable, the transfer stats are still listed for reference due to the possibility of being argued up.

-Transfer units are assumed in a void. That is, if someone wants to debate Ike (T)'s position, it is assumed he is the only transferred unit on the team. This is to prevent arguments about which units might have been transferred on a team since you can't transfer everyone in one run and allows us to see the general impact a transferred unit has on the game as accurately as possible. However, this does not mean that one unit is allowed all of PoR's stat boosters. Those are already included in the current transfer setup.

-The above does, of course, still apply when comparing two (T) units to each other. If the discussion is Mia (T) vs Titania (T), the Titania on Mia (T)'s theoretical team is normal and the Mia on Titania (T)'s theoretical team is also normal.

-No units are assumed priority for a transfer. Rolf is just as likely to be transferred as Titania.

Also read:

[spoiler=Suggestions for search convenience (thanks to Sirius)]1. Refer to the transfer characters as "Name(T)" as opposed to "Name (T)" as you've been doing, in other words, just ditch that space. Why? Because you can't search the latter with the search function.

2. Refer to 3 letter characters as "NameXX". IkeXX for example. Same for the transfers, Ike transfer should be "IkeXX(T)" since "Ike(T)" can't be found with the search function.

Without transfer units:

Easy Mode (1)

Haar

Top (4)

Titania

Ike

Sothe

Volug

High (9)

Reyson

Rafiel

Leanne

Nailah

Mia

Nolan

Shinon

Janaff

Ulki

Upper Middle (14)

Jill

Zihark

Micaiah

Black Knight

Tibarn

Naesala

Elincia

Gatrie

Laura

Oscar

Nephenee

Mordecai

Ranulf

Boyd

Middle (16)

Marcia

Heather

Tauroneo

Rhys

Mist

Aran

Caineghis/Giffca

Muarim

Skrimir

Edward

Tanith

Kieran

Tormod

Calill

Soren

Lower Middle (15)

Brom

Geoffrey

Lucia

Rolf

Leonardo

Nealuchi

Nasir

Ilyana

Ena

Sigrun

Makalov

Volke

Stefan

Renning

Danved

Low (8)

Lethe

Vika

Gareth

Sanaki

Bastian

Lehran

Kyza

Pelleas

Bottom (5)

Kurthnaga

Oliver

Astrid

Meg

Fiona

Sword Art Online (1)

Lyre

Epic (3)

3-13 Archer

Dheginsea

Zelgius

Easy Mode (1) (T-1)

Haar (N/T - HP)

Ike (T - HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Def, Res)

Top (4) (T-1)

Titania (N/T - Spd, Skl)

Ike

Sothe

Volug

Jill (T - Str, Skl, Spd, Def)

High (9) (T-4)

Reyson (N/T - Skl)

Rafiel

Leanne

Nailah

Oscar (T - Str, Skl, Spd)

Mia (N/T - Str, Skl, Spd)

Nolan

Nephenee (T - Str, Skl, Spd)

Shinon (N/T - Skl, Spd)

Boyd (T - HP, Str, Skl, Spd)

Ulki (T - Str)

Janaff (N/T)

Ulki

Upper Middle (14) (T-2)

Jill

Zihark (N/T - Str, Skl, Spd)

Micaiah

Black Knight

Tibarn

Naesala

Elincia (N/T - Mag, Skl, Spd)

Gatrie (N/T - Str, Skl, Spd, Def)

Laura

Oscar

Marcia (T - Str, Skl, Spd)

Nephenee

Mordecai (N/T)

Ranulf (N/T)

Boyd

Rolf (T - Str, Spd)

Middle (16) (T-5)

Marcia

Heather

Tauroneo (N/T)

Rhys (N/T - Mag, Skl, Res)

Mist (N/T - Mag, Spd)

Aran

Soren (T - Mag, Skl, Spd, Res)

Tanith (T - Str, Skl, Spd)

Giffca (T - Str)

Caineghis/Giffca

Muarim (N/T)

Skrimir

Kieran (T - Str, Skl, Spd)

Makalov (T - Str, Spd, Def)

Edward

Tanith

Kieran

Tormod (N/T - Mag, Spd)

Calill (N/T - Mag)

Soren

Lower Middle (15) (T-1)

Brom (N/T - HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Def)

Geoffrey (N/T - Spd)

Lucia (N/T)

Rolf

Ilyana (T - Mag, Skl, Res)

Leonardo

Nealuchi

Nasir

Ilyana

Ena

Sigrun

Makalov

Volke (N/T - Str, Skl, Spd)

Stefan (N/T - Str, Skl, Spd)

Renning

Danved (N/T - Str)

Low (8) (T-1)

Lethe (N/T)

Vika

Gareth

Sanaki

Bastian (N/T - Str)

Lehran

Kyza

Astrid (T - Str, Skl, Spd)

Pelleas

Bottom (5)

Kurthnaga

Oliver

Astrid

Meg

Fiona

Sword Art Online (1)

Lyre

Voice all complaints loudly.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under Makalov.

@Chris:

Edward has some troubles early-on with durability.

Soren has trouble doubling early-on and he's got only decent endgame potential.

They come way too late.

This is based off of Hard mode. She's impossible to raise in it.

He has speed problems which can't be fixed well because of the lack of BEXP. He's quite useful for his tanking abilities, though.

Edited by Harold

Edward should be lower.

Soren should be higher.

Volke, Bastian, and Stefan should be mid tier.

Astrid should be atleast low tier (she is really underrated).

Aran should be a bit higher.

Reasons? Although I do agree on Edward and Astrid

Reasons? Although I do agree on Edward and Astrid

Eddie is horrible early on.... which is when the game is at its hardest. Zihark is a viable replacement later on (and has much better defense).

Astrid has a lot of room to grow and be useful... albeit she is hard to use. She certainly isn't bottom tier due to her good stats later on. She's certainly better than Fiona, to say the least.

Soren is the best sage you're going to get. Its not a question of overall viability... its a question of necessity... and until Endgame, he's pretty important.

Volke may not be very useable, but apparently that didn't stop Naesala, Tibarn, and Nailah who you have as much higher. Bastian is a viable replacement for Soren come endgame, but chances are you are using Soren, so he might stay where he is or be a bit higher. Stefan is a good trueblade, certainly better than Lucia statwise and contributes an SS sword to your party. A viable endgame replacement for Eddie (unless you are using Mia and Zihark who are better than him). Only thing really keeping Stefan down is bad luck (odd for a Swordmaster) and late joining.

Aran is pretty much crucial to Micaiah's team. Like it or not, he is probably going to be used. He is a Lance Marshall with +1 movement effectively. His earth affinity is awesome especially when paired up with Nolan's earth affinity.

By the way, you forgot Leonardo. I would put him on lower-middle or low.

Eddie is horrible early on.... which is when the game is at its hardest. Zihark is a viable replacement later on (and has much better defense).

Astrid has a lot of room to grow and be useful... albeit she is hard to use. She certainly isn't bottom tier due to her good stats later on. She's certainly better than Fiona, to say the least.

Soren is the best sage you're going to get. Its not a question of overall viability... its a question of necessity... and until Endgame, he's pretty important.

Volke may not be very useable, but apparently that didn't stop Naesala, Tibarn, and Nailah who you have as much higher. Bastian is a viable replacement for Soren come endgame, but chances are you are using Soren, so he might stay where he is or be a bit higher. Stefan is a good trueblade, certainly better than Lucia statwise and contributes an SS sword to your party. A viable endgame replacement for Eddie (unless you are using Mia and Zihark who are better than him). Only thing really keeping Stefan down is bad luck (odd for a Swordmaster) and late joining.

Aran is pretty much crucial to Micaiah's team. Like it or not, he is probably going to be used. He is a Lance Marshall with +1 movement effectively. His earth affinity is awesome especially when paired up with Nolan's earth affinity.

Edward does turn out pretty great though, and he isn't that bad to start.

She's higher than Fiona already anyway.

He's not that important really. He almost never doubles and he can't take more than a few hits.

Nailah has part 1 chapters and is hax. Tibarn and Naesala both have more availability and are just overall amazing. Knives aren't good, so Volke really isn't that good. Bastian has pretty poor bases and crap availability. Lucia has a chapter of usefulness where Stefan has none, and coming with the Vague Katti isn't an advantage.

He doesn't have earth affinity. And he sacrifices two weapons for 1 movement if you're to compare him to Marshalls. He gets doubled a lot, so his massive defense isn't as good as it looks.

He's in low mid already.

Edward will have the best endgame stats of the 3 Trueblades, and he has Caladbolg.

Astrid is useless in Hard Mode. Even with Paragon, she's stuck to bows and she's horribly underleveled.

Calill is your best Endgame sage. Soren has trouble doubling for the first few parts of the GM chapters.

Volke appears for 6 chapters with decent stats. Tibarn, Nailah, and Naesala appear in more than 7 or more chapters with h4x stats. Big difference. Bastian is easily outclassed by any other sage that can be raised except Tormod and he's only useable for 6 chapters. Stefan is useable for 6 chapters also, but one he can't do ANYTHING in. Lucia at least has 1 chapter of being awesome and some other chapters of being decent.

He doesn't have an earth affinity. He's already in High tier. That's really good.

He's above Kyza.

Aran needs to be moved down.

He doesn't have earth affinity. And he sacrifices two weapons for 1 movement if you're to compare him to Marshalls. He gets doubled a lot, so his massive defense isn't as good as it looks.

Interesting, I never thought of Aran in those specific terms. But it does make sense. I can't see Aran and Nephenee being in the same tier section. Her one speed point higher than his can make a lot of difference in the Endgame.

I've never used Aran whatsover; he's not crucial at all to the DBs.

Interesting, I never thought of Aran in those specific terms. But it does make sense. I can't see Aran and Nephenee being in the same tier section. Her one speed point higher than his can make a lot of difference in the Endgame.

That's also considering Aran can even reach his speed cap. Endgame is the easiest part of the game though, so it doesn't hold as much weight as the rest of the game.

This list is full of flaws IMO.

Meg and Astrid should not be bottom teir for one. Astrid being one of the two beorc who can use the great paragon&Blossom combo. I find that to be very wrong.

This list is full of flaws IMO.

Meg and Astrid should not be bottom teir for one. Astrid being one of the two beorc who can use the great paragon&Blossom combo. I find that to be very wrong.

Meg starts crap and can only ever become average. Bottom is where she belongs. I think Astrid is better as well, but I know a lot of others don't think so. Surprised you didn't mention Sothe.

Meg starts crap and can only ever become average. Bottom is where she belongs. I think Astrid is better as well, but I know a lot of others don't think so. Surprised you didn't mention Sothe.

I don't think Sothe is a completely useless unit. I just hate him with a passion.

Also, it's not like that's the only flaw I found with the list.

Also, also, tiers are for losers. (I think that's how it goes....)

I don't think Sothe is a completely useless unit. I just hate him with a passion.

Also, it's not like that's the only flaw I found with the list.

Also, also, tiers are for losers. (I think that's how it goes....)

I did say to voice all complaints loudly, so tear it apart. Just remember that it's based mainly on hard mode and also a bit for normal mode.

It's "Tiers are for queers."

What? Where did Edward having the best Endgame com from? We're talking a few points of defense, if even that. Even then, Z still has that awesome Nolan support and Adept and is still probably going to keep his level lead by then. Either way there's no way he's high tier. Upper Mid seems fairer.

Also Blood Tide>Bottom tier. And it's not like Gareth uses up an endgame slot. Same with Lehran, and Lehran can do some damage to the final boss as well as some healing.

Edited by Berserkah2DaBladah

What? Where did Edward having the best Endgame com from? We're talking a few points of defense, if even that. Even then, Z still has that awesome Nolan support and Adept and is still probably going to keep his level lead by then. Either way there's no way he's high tier. Upper Mid seems fairer.

Also Blood Tide>Bottom tier. And it's not like Gareth uses up an endgame slot. Same with Lehran, and Lehran can do some damage to the final boss as well as some healing.

Zihark > Edward, but Edward naturally caps everything except magic and resistance, and, with the exception of defense, fairly quickly, giving him great BEXP potential, some of the best in the game.

Gareth does take up a slot because only 17 units can be taken to all the endgame maps. Gareth is 2-3 rounded for the two maps he's in and Lehran is useless for the one chapter he's in. If you want Blood Tide, you have Ena who can at least live, and it isn't that great anyway. You should have at least two staff users in endgame anyway, and plenty of characters who can damage Ashera.

Gareth does take up a slot because only 17 units can be taken to all the endgame maps.

Yes, and he joins after you've already picked your twelve, so he's not shutting anybody else out at all. Unless I'm remembering something wrong here (RD's not exactly my favorite in the series)

Yes, and he joins after you've already picked your twelve, so he's not shutting anybody else out at all. Unless I'm remembering something wrong here (RD's not exactly my favorite in the series)

If he's to be sent to the map, someone else won't be. Only 17 units can be fielded. Once you get Nasir and Gareth, you have 19 units. Someone will be left behind.

Sothe should be down one.

Jill should be up one.

Volke should be up one.

Leonardo should be bottom. Even with Lughahashidadiwable.

I forgot to ask: Reasons? And do you mean down/up one placement or down/up a full tier?