What to do with Donnel?

Okay, for a long time everyone was all "ermagerd Donnel x Nowi blah blah"

But lets be frank, Aptitude is a totally pointless skill when you have infinite levels.

Assuming all options are open (as this is for my next playthrough) what do you guys advise to do with Donnel as far as pairing? I believe he can pass Galeforce (not a HUGE deal for me as I mostly worry about building annoying spotpass teams, damn IS for not including a direct multiplayer), but as far as what you guys have decided you like best, how do you all suggest I pair up the annoying, redneck, pan-wearing dweeb?

Okay, for a long time everyone was all "ermagerd Donnel x Nowi blah blah"

But lets be frank, Aptitude is a totally pointless skill when you have infinite levels.

Assuming all options are open (as this is for my next playthrough) what do you guys advise to do with Donnel as far as pairing? I believe he can pass Galeforce (not a HUGE deal for me as I mostly worry about building annoying spotpass teams, damn IS for not including a direct multiplayer), but as far as what you guys have decided you like best, how do you all suggest I pair up the annoying, redneck, pan-wearing dweeb?

I'd pair him with tharja, sully, or nowi so that their kids can get Galeforce and armsthrift.

Pass down aptitude. It makes kids amazing and you don't have to grind as much. There are tons of other skills to use so losing it when they all hit their caps doesn't matter.

Donnel!Noire: bow faire, Galeforce, armsthrift, vengeance, and LB. perfect setup.

Donnel or Gaius!Noire is good, Kjelle and Nah don't need Galeforce, but you could pass him to Kjelle for tanking with Sol and Armsthrift if you decide to use legendary weapons and forges.

You don't have to pass down Aptitude, pass down something like counter.

Donnel and Lissa are such a cute pairing! They have such an awesome support! I recommend them. ^^

That and Owain of Awesome. I think im more attached to Aptitude than Galeforce. lol But having both? Hnngh

Edited by Florina Stark

Aptitude basically makes the grinding happen faster. For in-game purposes any character with it eventually rockets past their peers with less exp needed. The fact that he can pass both mercenary and pegasus knight (zzz troubadour) to girls makes him a pretty cool dad, but honestly anyone who doesn't already get mercenary probably likes him as a father.

My first pairing was actually Maribelle x Donnel. I have no regrets. But Tharja and Sully were both good too. I was least impressed with pairing him with Nowi, because Nah is one of the few kids who is more about stats than skills.

Aptitude basically makes the grinding happen faster. For in-game purposes any character with it eventually rockets past their peers with less exp needed. The fact that he can pass both mercenary and pegasus knight (zzz troubadour) to girls makes him a pretty cool dad, but honestly anyone who doesn't already get mercenary probably likes him as a father.

My first pairing was actually Maribelle x Donnel. I have no regrets. But Tharja and Sully were both good too. I was least impressed with pairing him with Nowi, because Nah is one of the few kids who is more about stats than skills.

Paragon, sir, Paragon.

Aptitude is much worse.

Let's look at this, we've got A growth of 50%, and 1000 EXP.

Paragon: 1000 EXP (X2): 2000 EXP, or 20 levels, or 10 points in the stat.

Aptitude: 1000 EXP (x1), but the growth is increased to 70%. or 7 points in the stat.

Veteran's even better than Aptitude:1500 (15 Levels) on that same 1000 EXP. 7.5 points (Average)

Ok, Para-tude vs. Par-Vet:

Para Aptiute: x2, 70%, 14 points on that same 1000 EXP.

Para Vet: x3: 15 points on that same 1000 EXP.

Paragon pretty much trumps any thought that aptitude is a good skill. If you're gonna use a skill slot on making the XP more effieicent, Veteran and Paragon are the way to go, not Aptitude. Paragon is also available on everyone, and Spotpass Arvis can solo clear the map. He's easily accessible as soon as you clear Ch 6 (Sell your bullions).

If it's a file for postgame, making a Streetpass team, DLC shenanigans and the like, I pair him with either Tharja or Sully with Gaius getting the other (and Nowi getting with Kellam). And he'll be passing Counter, not Aptitude. Because grinding. Might as well pass a male-only skill that at least has some use in Streetpass.

It's a file for just completing the main story, probably in a practical manner, he's not being used anyway :awesome:

I'm the weirdo that passes Underdog to Donnel's daughter. With infinite Second Seals, it means that you'll get the bonus more often than not.

Aptitude is useful only if you like GRINDING, and grinding, and a lot of grinding to reach a maximum stat of your children unit with minimum time possible, So yeah, aptitude is time saver for time consuming task, although not that much since we have Paragon that is much more useful.

But again, what Am I to do with Donnel?

V

V

I'd pair him with tharja, sully, or nowi so that their kids can get Galeforce and armsthrift.

Pass down aptitude. It makes kids amazing and you don't have to grind as much. There are tons of other skills to use so losing it when they all hit their caps doesn't matter.

Donnel!Noire: bow faire, Galeforce, armsthrift, vengeance, and LB. perfect setup.

Yes, passing down Counter to Noire is much better idea overall than aptitude. With Counter and Vengeance, Noire possibly the only useful archer outside Lunatic difficulty though later I'll reclass her again to Bow Knight for speed and sword. Down to below 50% HP and she can pretty much wrecks anything with bow since her skill is high enough to make it have 80% chance to occured.

Paragon, sir, Paragon.

Aptitude is much worse.

Let's look at this, we've got A growth of 50%, and 1000 EXP.

Paragon: 1000 EXP (X2): 2000 EXP, or 20 levels, or 10 points in the stat.

Aptitude: 1000 EXP (x1), but the growth is increased to 70%. or 7 points in the stat.

Veteran's even better than Aptitude:1500 (15 Levels) on that same 1000 EXP. 7.5 points (Average)

Ok, Para-tude vs. Par-Vet:

Para Aptiute: x2, 70%, 14 points on that same 1000 EXP.

Para Vet: x3: 15 points on that same 1000 EXP.

Paragon pretty much trumps any thought that aptitude is a good skill. If you're gonna use a skill slot on making the XP more effieicent, Veteran and Paragon are the way to go, not Aptitude. Paragon is also available on everyone, and Spotpass Arvis can solo clear the map. He's easily accessible as soon as you clear Ch 6 (Sell your bullions).

The problem with veteran and paragon is that they are affected by slowly gaining levels decreasing exp. gain.

Aptitude is useful only if you like GRINDING, and grinding, and a lot of grinding to reach a maximum stat of your children unit with minimum time possible, So yeah, aptitude is time saver for time consuming task, although not that much since we have Paragon that is much more useful.

V

V

Yes, passing down Counter to Noire is much better idea overall than aptitude. With Counter and Vengeance, Noire possibly the only useful archer outside Lunatic difficulty though later I'll reclass her again to Bow Knight for speed and sword. Down to below 50% HP and she can pretty much wrecks anything with bow since her skill is high enough to make it have 80% chance to occured.

But counter is shit unless its street pass...

I don't see why I'd want to pass Counter down to a daughter other than Streetpass, since there are more useful skills than that...

V

V

You mean to those that DON'T like grinding? If you like grinding, you won't feel the need of aptitude.

Those LTC or non-grind will feel for aptitude because they don't/can't grind.

That's what I did in my first PT.

Since at endgame Yarne was a Taguel again, he was able to make good use of the skill Underdog.

That's actually what I'm doing in my actual playthrough... Even if now he's my Armsthrift + Despoil Warrior (Strangely enough, Kellam!Donnel had the same role in my first playthrough. withoutb Armsthrift, so less good..)

Infinite levels take a LONG time to go through. Aptitude can really help people with lower starting stats in that regard.

Anyway Donnel!Nah is silly anyway because why would you give aptitude to someone who already has insane growth rates sheesh

He's best being trained for a little after second sealing, which makes him overpowered enough, then pair him with anyone who isn't Panne, Miriel or Nowi, because one child uses magic and donnel does not, and the rest have high growth rates anyway. The result will be a child with monstrous stats. Also, Aptitude is the best skill for him to pass down because villager has low caps and is male exclusive, so you'd want it either way. Any other skill you wanna pass down can be achieved by the child herself or is male exclusive and generally meh.

Edited by The Fush