Fire Emblem |影 の 夜明| 

NICKT™

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait until it's actually done. The story sounds interesting.

Though, something about Natasha's mug bother's me. It makes her head look too thin proportionally, or something like that. It could be just me, though.

Everyone else's mugs are wonderful. Cormag is hot.

WHY YOU GERIK, SO DAMN ATTRACTIVE EVEN WHEN YOU'RE OLD.

Natasha's cloak seems... I dunno, wrong, I guess. It doesn't seem very appropriate, and I think that something like Ismaire's clothing would have been better.

Looks pretty interesting...tough some characters look...really odd.

DISCLAIMER : These are my opnions/gripes, you may choose to heed them or ignore them, that is up to you. Simply meant to be food for thought.

In order, this could be long...so brace your self

Aaron- Pretty cool, looks very...lord like, as if he could walk side by side with the other nintendo made lords and fit right in! So good job! Just one thing...if eirika and seth were his parents...where did the brown hair come from?

Franz-...Simply awesome! Reminds me of the change that Fin went through during the course of fe4. one little nit pick, his back piece of hair looks weird how it flairs out but also seemingly tucks behind him or something like that. Hopefully that made sense...

Derek- He's ok...just a litte boring that he uses the same pieces of hair from a certain someone's younger self positioned to his left...

Marco- Really cool! No complaints from me! Well done! (Is he orson's kid or something, he reminds me of him.)

Willis-...Pink hair...on a dude...That's kinda--... nah just kidding he's fine! Good job again!

Shirley- Fighting evil by moonlight, winning love by day-....Sorry she reminded me of that show for some reason. anyway yet again, another good sprite! Three in a row!

Jocelyn- Cool, calm and sorta shy looking! Perfect for the green knight ( If that's what she is...Any relations to franz? Nanna, anyone? )

Maya- Pretty sweet, you guys have a good record so far, five in a row!

Glen- Interesting choice of class, given who his parents are...but who said the kids have to follow the parents! Again yet another good sprite.

to shorten this a little i'm just gonna do this

Mattie-lauren are good!

Forde- what happened to him!!! No, forde was so cool! now he's...oh well...it's a good sprite never the less...he was based off of a painter was he not? If he is supposed to be a painter then why he still be a knight? Shouldn't it be one or the other?)

Everyone else in the light green color is good!

Now for the red section...Why the two riev's? Also shouldn't riev be dead now...or is he of some importance to the story?

Mack- Good ol' bandit guys! Looks fine to me!

Ephraim- Looks fine other than his far eye as someone already pointed out.

Onto blue!

Isolde( Young)- PERFECT!!!!!!

Vanessa- colm are all fine

Artur- he doesn't look like he aged a day...in fact he kinda looks younger...

Forde....See above <_<

Kyle- looks fine...though shouldn't kyle forde and ephraim all look the same age since they did in the first game? then again time has different effects on different people so i won't delve into it further.

Lute-...Simply perfect! Hopefully these twenty years has gotten rid of that arrogant nature of hers...

Tana- looks a little too old...in fact she looks way older than ephraim while in the original game she looked younger...

Amelia and gerik look fine

Innes-........Why is he so old!!! He was in the same age group as ephraim and friends...so why does he look like he could be their father!!??

Tethys- Looks great!

Marisa- doesn't look any different, just given a new angle and hairstyle...twenty years later and she is still wearing the same thing....

Cormag- his head looks too small

Rennac- fine other than the fact that he uses innes face...which seems sorta weird...

Duessel is fine though Knoll looks too old.

Myrrh looks fine

Syrene looks...weird...she barely looks different save for the cape, and the wrinkle.

Joshua looks....FANTASTIC!!

Natasha...doesn't look different save for her head deformity.

well that's all from me...i hope i didn't offend anyone. These are not facts just opinions, please treat them as such. Thank you for reading and hopefully you'll at least consider fixing some of the proposed problems.

Later

-Eriad-

Edited by Eriad

I love most of them, but Artur again looks like he is still young, and Forde looks like Steve Buscemi with a fake beard.

I'd like doing the support conversation, if you can tell me which characters support, and their basic personalities.

There's also the fact that people can age well/not so well over 20 or so years.
Kyle- looks fine...though shouldn't kyle forde and ephraim all look the same age since they did in the first game? then again time has different effects on different people so i won't delve into it further.

Come on...did you even read it all the way through?....Forget it...Good luck with the project then, seemingly my comments are falling on deaf ears...

Later

-Eriad-

1. Aaron- Pretty cool, looks very...lord like, as if he could walk side by side with the other nintendo made lords and fit right in! So good job! Just one thing...if eirika and seth were his parents...where did the brown hair come from?

2.Now for the red section...Why the two riev's? Also shouldn't riev be dead now...or is he of some importance to the story?

1. None of the lords are that decorated. I love the hair.

2. Importance to the story. (I read all of the planning stuff.)

Will characters be married like they did at the end of Sacres stones?

Me and Nayr, and various members on the FEU board have come up with a list of the most canon relationships and marriages, so yes.

When will a demo/entire game come out because it looks awesome?

The entire game won't be released for a while, I'm thinking maybe early 2011 at best, sorry.

As for a demo, we'll only be releasing one to the public containing the first 3 prologue chapters, the rest of the game will be kept to released info and screenshots until the official release.

Of course, beta releases will be given to testers, but that's a different story. *shot*

if eirika and seth were his parents...where did the brown hair come from?

Faded red, it's possible that it came from Eirika's mother or Seth's parents. You can get hair colours from grandparents. If this doesn't satisfy you, I will ask the spriter if she would like to change it to a more reddish tone.

Is he orson's kid or something, he reminds me of him?

He is not actually, I'm thinking it's just cause of the hair that he reminds you of Orson.

If that's what she is...Any relations to franz?

FranzxAmelia's daughter, to be precise.

he was based off of a painter was he not? If he is supposed to be a painter then why he still be a knight?

Due to [spoilers], he left his family, and knighthood, to go and begin a new life as a painter in a smaller town, when you later return to Renais, you'll find him as the castle guard captain, to replace Gallen, and he has a conversation with his son.

why does he look like he could be their father!!??

Being a parent does that too you. And being married to L'Arachel takes it's tolls too.

Latest mugsheet, view with caution, possible major character spoilers.

Edited by NicktMayCry™

Aaron went from not old enough to too old. I like the young Riev picture. I forgot to mention, but my favourite mugs are Colm, Ewan, and Dante.

Yay so i do have listeners!

Ahem, any way, bryan, some of the lords are decorated...just not in their games...and besides, it was more towards the quality of the sprite that made it look professional nintendo-esque...not the decoration and such.

Now onto Nickt...

Faded red, it's possible that it came from Eirika's mother or Seth's parents. You can get hair colours from grandparents. If this doesn't satisfy you, I will ask the spriter if she would like to change it to a more reddish tone.

...Whoa whoa! I never intended to be a nag. Please don't think that i'm whining and wanting my way and only my way! Just offering friendly advice, 'kay? Anyhow, that aside...unless you agree with me don't worry about it. These are you and your comrades sprites. if you like them as they are then don't change them on accord of one person, this project will go nowhere if you are constantly trying to appease everyone. So if you say he inherited it from his grandparents then by God he did!

NEW DISCLAIMER: I'm offering friendly advice, just my opinion's...if you agree with them, use them, if not then don't.

Alright...

Regarding your last comment on innes...Ephraim and friends are parents too...But hey as said above...it's your hack, your choices.

I have a few nitpicks with some sprites...no i'm not going to make a huge list like last time so hold your horses!

Before i start though, franz's hair look better...though the rectangular shape at the end of his hair is weird...

Anyhow on to business,

Seth's cheek, the one closer to us, looks like he got repeatedly hit by a baseball bat til it got bashed in, rather than aging.

also the cheek under the collar look's like it's bulging out...Also, what's with the red dot thing on the far side of his forehead...

Some of the problems mentioned before are still there...so whether or not you are going to fix them or not is up to you.

Also if ephraim's going to be evil...shouldn't he look more evil...or is he going to have two forms like lyon did?

And artur....Well just look at the above post's if you already haven't...

Well that's all i can see. Again i'm not trying to be rude or mean, or a whiner, i'm simply trying to help you guys fix mistakes that i feel are there...but to heed them or not is up to you...

Good luck, hope this helps,

-Eriad-

Helas looks really creepy, who sprited him? Velga looks pretty nice too. I know I'm just commenting on bosses, most people care the least about them.

How much did isolde age?! She was so pretty until the old version appeared. I can't look at her the same anymore.

You want any contributions in the bosses area?

Old Isolde is awesome. :D She is pretty despite being that old, I think the old factor might have to increase some more. Once again, I love her so much!! :)

Uphir, Once you read the story, you'll mever look at her the same again...

If you do not already have to many people, I would love to help out. :)

Edited by Bryan

Update:

As of this post, all the chapters have planned, and the story is all set.

We plan on having 30 chapters, give or take maybe 3(?) depending on if we want gaidens.

At this point in time, I'm making the latest and any further updates to the mug compilation sheet private, and for staff only, to avoid spoiling.

We are still in need of the following;

Mugs.

PC's:

Sosuke, Myrmidon. FE8.5 Profile.

Sykes, ArchTrooper. FE8.5 Profile.

Kaunis, Archer. FE8.5 Profile.

Kuuyo, ArchTrooper. FE8.5 Profile.

Kago, SwordMaster. FE8.5 Profile.

NPC's:

Alphonse, Supreme Chancellor of Fiseland.

Andrea, Queen of Ora.

Balentin, Emperor of Olinpia.

Surihauk, Head Chief of Hauka.

Unnamed, Emporer of Sakura Dynasty.

Bosses;

Gustav, Sage.

Keira, Wyvern Master.

Dalton, Great Knight.

Fauce, Druid.

Lorenzo, Paladin.

Although it is not needed, another person to help frame and make mini's would be greatly appreciated. Of course, the person who takes this task might be left at the hand of having multiple characters spoiled to them, which makes the game less enjoyable, imo. So take that into consideration.

--

FE8.5 also plans on using Eirika's prototype battle animation for Eirika's daughter.

So the supplier of fixed up frames for the animation will be thanked muchly, for the straight ripped frames join the FE8.5 Production board and upon introduction request to be supplied with the frames. (I've seen the frames, and by the looks of it parts are missing, moved, etcetc.)

A sprite for the main hero, Aaron, would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not certain on what Nayr is after, but just a lord using a Poleax is what we're after.

aaronn.png Aaron's mugshot.

Other then that, nothing to report.~

|Σ|۞|蓮|NicktMayCry™|

Aaron looks even better! For the eirika battle sprite you might want to ask Mageknight 404, as he made a modified version of that sprite as such he might know where the normal sprite is.

Though i saw a beta animation package on Feuniversae you might want to check out. if you can't find it i could find for you.

Hope this helps!

-Eriad-

Edited by Eriad

Aaron looks even better! For the eirika battle sprite you might want to ask Mageknight 404, as he made a modified version of that sprite as such he might know where the normal sprite is.

Though i saw a beta animation package on Feuniversae you might want to check out. if you can't find it i could find for you.

Hope this helps!

-Eriad-

MK404 based his original Julie animation on the regular Lord!Eirika animation, not Beta!Eirika. The new animation, if it has a base at all, is clearly not Beta!Eirika's either.

Oh, whoops... I saw a video once of his hack where she attacked similiar to the beta animation, that's all...

My mistake then...sorry.

either way there are beta animations at feuniverse that you might be able to use! ( Hope i'm not worng about this too...crosses fingers)

-Eriad-