Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

Ok, I'm legit getting tired of these topics taking over the front page. So can we just merge them into one topic please? For starters, let's get the FAQ's out of the way.

Can Character X marry Avatar?

Yes, most characters can S-Support with the Avatar, and a Second-gen is set to appear once marriages take place.

Will the Avatar be able to romance his family?

We don't know yet, it's extremely doubtful at this point however.

Can The Avatar Be Gay?

We don't know yet, but it has been established by Nintendo after the Tomodachi controversy that they plan to be more inclusive. More then likely it won't be possible since the S-Supports and Marriage syatem has been announced with no sign of Same-Sex Marriage and specifically stated the opposite gender can elope.

Character X is Best Waifu/Husbando

That's great. Please don't spam it in a topic.

I'll update it as more info comes.

Update 5-31-15:

The My Castle Feature has been added. In it, the Support-System has been somewhat confirmed, I'm not sure if they'll behave similiar to previous FE's. But I'm certain it will. The traversable area allows the Avatar to talk and build relationships. The Avatar can visit hot-springs that are built so they can have awkward bonding with units of the same gender. Also, a new feature is a unnamed mode as of now, that allows the Avatar to build relationships faster with a minigame similiar to Pokemon-Amie that lets you "Heal the wounds" of other soldiers to build support by touching their faces.

Once I have an official translation, I'll let you guys know the names and if we get anymore info.

Update 6-17-15:

Mentioned briefly, or eluded in the Tree house streams, S-Supports or at the very least, Romantic Supports in general are coming back. It seems to build up similar to Awakening.

Update 6-18-15:

It's back! S-Support and Children have been confirmed in a recent leak.

Update 6-22-15:

Just a Big Heads-Up!
The release is in a few days and this topic is going to have a huge overhaul:
I will be listing:
Everything involving the Marriage and Support System
Which Units Can Support Which Units (Both Romantically and Non-Romantically)
Children Units and Mechanics
I do not have the game, nor can I understand a lick of Japanese, so If anyone has any information to share, post in this topic and I'll update the OP. However, I much rather prefer you to PM me everything for the sake of convenience.
Edited by UnknownUber

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a round of applause...those topics are really getting annoying!

If they do include same sex pairs, I can see that being generally well recieved. And maybe my gay friend will play it. Idk, he might have Awakening, but I doubt he would play it much because of that. I know he has Pokemon though.

God if same sex pairs become a thing...M!Kamui x Joker here I come!

More seriously though it would be great if same sex pairs were a thing. Most of my friends fall outside of "normal" orientations, and I'm not exactly straight myself.

Edited by Honey Bunny

If there is same sex stuff, I doubt it'll be available for all characters, only they gay/bi ones. Something so risky (it's dumb that it is risky but no point lying to yourself) is best done in increments, and hey, it cuts down on necessary support convos/narrative work-arounds.

If there is same sex stuff, I doubt it'll be available for all characters, only they gay/bi ones. Something so risky (it's dumb that it is risky but no point lying to yourself) is best done in increments, and hey, it cuts down on necessary support convos/narrative work-arounds.

Really though every character being bi is silly. I'm all for diversity, and it's sad that there isn't more of it in gaming (and in general), but having every character be bi is horribly unrealistic. A token gay character would be an annoying way to do diversity, but having a world of bi is ridiculous. Besides a lot of personality can come from sexuality, and how one deals with it. Everyone being bi removes that.

I would love to have some characters be bi, a few gay guys, some lesbians, a nice healthy dose of trans people, and not have those things be their entire character. However having everyone being willing to bang anyone is silly at best, and pandering at worst.

My predictions: It will go back to previous support styles in that most supports aren't romantic, but there will be a handful of characters that have one or two people they can romance

There will be supports that change characters ending that aren't romantic again.

The occasional same sex support romantic will return, since they've been in games before and the only reason they likely weren't in awakening with all it's romance was probably because of the kid mechanic.

The main character will not be able to date any of his siblings but may get the most romance options out of any character in the game (maybe 5 per gender?)

Edited by Eveangaline

My predictions: It will go back to previous support styles in that most supports aren't romantic, but there will be a handful of characters that have one or two people they can romance

There will be supports that change characters ending that aren't romantic again.

The occasional same sex support will return, since they've been in games before and the only reason they likely weren't in awakening with all it's romance was probably because of the kid mechanic.

The main character will not be able to date any of his siblings but may get the most romance options out of any character in the game (maybe 5 per gender?)

uh the wording of your third prediction seems to be under the impression that their were no same sex supports in awakening. Which while there are not that many of them as other games, they are there. Edited by goodperson707

uh the wording of your third prediction seems to be under the impression that their were no same sex supports in awakening. Which while there are not that many of them as other games, they are there.

Ah sorry, I meant same sex romantic supports. Accidentally leaving a word out makes a big difference.

There was a Cordelia topic previously but I'll just leave this here:

If Oboro has a crush on Takumi, then let her get with Takumi. No unrequited love pls, especially if her other supports are going to center around her whining about it. If her other supports do talk about it, then end her Takumi support at A and leave the marriage for paired endings at the end so we don't get another case like Cordelia fawning over Chrom even while married to someone else.

Ah sorry, I meant same sex romantic supports. Accidentally leaving a word out makes a big difference.

So same sex romantic supports are returning? They implied some certainly in previous games but i don't remember any confirmed ones.

Sorry for the nitpick it just is kinda confusing.

Though i do agree i would like non romantic and same sex paired endings.

So same sex romantic supports are returning? They implied some certainly in previous games but i don't remember any confirmed ones.

Sorry for the nitpick it just is kinda confusing.

Though i do agree i would like non romantic and same sex paired endings.

I guess if you need absolute confirmation then you could say it's their first, so I guess it depends on how you view things like Raven and Lucius, Lyn and Florina, Ike and Soren and some other supports. So if the writers of IF do some supports and end up saying "Yes this is 100% intended to be romantic yup confirmed." then I suppose this would be the first time it is technically confirmed.

Well my speculation is that supports are gonna be limitless like Awakening and only one S support with an opposite sex partner. This game is using Awakening's engine, which in turn was built around pair-up and dual support which is back in a way, and in turn is built around supports. Hell my personal speculation is that S supports or hopefully A supports will allow you to pass a skill to another unit.

I'm so marrying Nohr and Hoshido units together in the Neutral DLC path

Well my speculation is that supports are gonna be limitless like Awakening and only one S support with an opposite sex partner. This game is using Awakening's engine, which in turn was built around pair-up and dual support which is back in a way, and in turn is built around supports. Hell my personal speculation is that S supports or hopefully A supports will allow you to pass a skill to another unit.

I'm so marrying Nohr and Hoshido units together in the Neutral DLC path

I would love if they were unlimited (although I hope s support isn't only opposite sex romance). I hated having to pick if a character had a happy ending with someone or had good friends ever back when supports were limited to 5. (Or not find their long lost sibling. FREAKING REBECCA AND DART I can't be the only one who felt guilty not having them max support in the game right?)

I would love if they were unlimited (although I hope s support isn't only opposite sex romance). I hated having to pick if a character had a happy ending with someone or had good friends ever back when supports were limited to 5. (Or not find their long lost sibling. FREAKING REBECCA AND DART I can't be the only one who felt guilty not having them max support in the game right?)

Well, that depends. I never used Dart because he could never hit anything for me.

Well, that depends. I never used Dart because he could never hit anything for me.

Ah. I remember the pain of ax users well in those days. They still tend to be my least favorite due to lingering resentment. At least dart being able to walk on water was useful at times.

And I loved Rebecca so not having her find her long lost brother when that's part of why she joined made me feel so guilty.

That's why I can't pair Dart and Farina together

I think I'd rather S-support Camilla with F! Kamui than M! Kamui.

This is going to happen, right?

It can happen, it will happen, we'll make it work! in my dreams

Lesbian incest is completely normal and not weird.

Well back in the day supports were mostly limited because it acted as an 3 square "Aura" of a really damn important buff, in here this buff only applies if your buddies are adjacent to one another or paired up, so it's well balanced out. Back then support dialogue was just flavor rather than an important part and even then it wasn't that significant in FE6 as some supports were very bland (Gonzales and Treck, anyone?). I did support Rebecca and Dart until B, because Sain was already A support with Rebecca by the time Dart came.

I doubt Nintento is gonna go for same-sex romance, the world is not ready yet for Nintendo doing homo.