[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Hey Everyone!

Some time ago, we've released our first Translation Patches for Fire Emblem If, the Menu Patch and the two Chapter Patches.
But today, we want to introduce our Chapter Patch [v3.0]!

Current Progress: All paths completed, Invisible Kingdom currently being fixed, DLC and Supports being translated. Approximately 10% of supports are publicly available.
We're working on the translation project since the JPN-Release of FE:If and finally we're able to share our progress with the Community!

Also check our new Thread about RESTORATION PATCHES!

If you have Questions, Suggestions or if you want to report bugs, errors or something else, use this thread for it, we'll answer as fast as we can!

If you plan to share this article, please include credit!!!

A project of the Community of Serenes Forest

[spoiler=DOWNLOAD LINKS]
Fire Emblem If - Fan Translation Patch (Rom Patcher Version) [v3.0]

Fire Emblem If - Final Patch Release (contains everything we have) [Patcher not included] (Updated 2016-04-08)

Fire Emblem If - Invisible Kingsom (Translated Files) (to use the translated files for Invisible Kingdom, you need to patch the DLC itself, it won't work by using this files for the main-game).

[spoiler=Our Team]
Team:
BrunhildeKnight
Cellenseres
DatKami
Eldin Tokuro
Kalimizu
KentoBento
Linkmstr
Luyairis
Master of Memes
PotatoPower
Ranaline
SciresM

Members we'd like to Acknowledge:
AmberdoresqueTea
Cakeasaurus
Courtrecords
CreaAtor135
Czar_Yoshi
DJPlayer
Gamespage
Horatio
Kirokan
PharaohsVizier
RainThunder
Seri-Kun
Shadowofchaos725
StormVentus
Tymek

Ziggyro

Special Thanks to:
GovanifY
RainThunder
Smealum

[spoiler=|HOW TO| Play it on your 3DS]
Many of you asked how I can play it on my Nintendo 3DS.
I'll explain some methods now.
This Method works on every EUR/US/JAP Consoles with Firmware 9.2 or lower(Regionfree plugin needed)

Just read our README.TXT

[spoiler=FAQ]

Q: Do we have to pay for this Patch?
A No, this Patch is completely free :) You don't need to pay for it.

Q: Can I download a copy of the modified Game here?
A: No, we don't support piracy. We won't released patched roms or cias.

Q: Does this Patch contains Support-Converstations already?
A: Unfortunately not. We're focusing on the Chapters at the moment.

You can expect some supports in our next patch.

Q: Will we lose our savedata every time we repatch and reinstall the game?
A: If you reinstall the game, the first page of saves will be wiped.

The saves on the second and third pages (one page for each additional path you have),

however, are stored on your SD card and will be kept.

Q: Can I play it on Firmware 9.3 and above?
A: We're working on a Patch which works by using the HomebrewLauncher using *Hax 2.5.

I have Firmware 9.3 or higher, can I play the Translation Patch?!?!EINSELF?!

YO GUYS,

some of you already have seen the new 2.7 *Hax Smea released a few minutes ago, huh?!
This *Hax will probably allow using Romhacks, like our Fire Emblem Fates Fantranslation, up to Firmware 10.7!
Don't forget that you'll need a retail Copy of the game to get the Fantranslation to work!

Edited by Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your hard word! Since I don't have the right devices to apply the patch, and I'm fine with just reading the dialogues, I wonder if there's a text version or something similar so I can just read through it?

Thanks for your hard word! Since I don't have the right devices to apply the patch, and I'm fine with just reading the dialogues, I wonder if there's a text version or something similar so I can just read through it?

To be honest there's not much to actually read (it's just a lot of code)

To be honest there's not much to actually read (it's just a lot of code)

I see. Are the translated texts still readable (as in not ciphered or anything)? I don't mind digging for them among a bunch of codes.

I see. Are the translated texts still readable (as in not ciphered or anything)? I don't mind digging for them among a bunch of codes.

Well it's group policy not to share the files, but since it's already public I'll see if I can just post them on Pastebin. There is an application that can remove all the code but it misses lines.

Edited by luyairis

Well it's group policy not to share the files, but since it's already public I'll see if I can just post them on Pastebin. There is an application that can remove all the code but it's misses lines.

One second thought, maybe I'll just wait for someone to record the game with the patch. But thanks anyway!

i find it funny that the translation of the routes is matching my pace. i mean, i've just beat 12 in both routes... : (

oh well. thanks for this! also, question, what's the actual schedule for these patches? i imagine the priority is finishing the main story of both routes, then invisible kingdom, followed by paralogues, then support conversations alongside misc stuff like skinship text and level up quotes... and lastly DLC.

that's it, right?

So i managed to get a N3DS 9.0.0-20-E, Cubic Ninja and have Pasta CFW, FBI and BigBlueMenu installed. I will have the Special Edition physical version coming to me hopefully today or tommorow.

What is the best way to install this patch?

So i managed to get a N3DS 9.0.0-20-E, Cubic Ninja and have Pasta CFW, FBI and BigBlueMenu installed. I will have the Special Edition physical version coming to me hopefully today or tommorow.

What is the best way to install this patch?

Just dump your Retail Cartridge and create a patched CIA with our Patcher.

Install it with FBI and play it! :D

i find it funny that the translation of the routes is matching my pace. i mean, i've just beat 12 in both routes... : (

oh well. thanks for this! also, question, what's the actual schedule for these patches? i imagine the priority is finishing the main story of both routes, then invisible kingdom, followed by paralogues, then support conversations alongside misc stuff like skinship text and level up quotes... and lastly DLC.

that's it, right?

Yes, that's right.

Finished the two main-routes is our highest priority now.

After this, we'll translate the paralogues and the suppport dialogues.

How do you get the dlc for the third path to work on the special edition .cia for Gateway?

you need a modified EmuNAND to play it on your 3DS. You need a japanese EmuNAND.

Tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-change-your-cfw-emunand-region.387350/

We won't give support to this because it's not supported with our patch yet.

Just dump your Retail Cartridge and create a patched CIA with our Patcher.Install it with FBI and play it! :DYes, that's right.Finished the two main-routes is our highest priority now.After this, we'll translate the paralogues and the suppport dialogues.

Actually...because translators choose what they want to work on in this group, very likely for 3.0 we will release ALL three paths (in completion). Several members have also been working on supports and paralogues, so there's a possibility they'll be included in the 3.0 patch too.

you need a modified EmuNAND to play it on your 3DS. You need a japanese EmuNAND.

Tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-change-your-cfw-emunand-region.387350/

We won't give support to this because it's not supported with our patch yet.

Will the dlc work with the .3ds version of this patch like how the 1.2 patched one did without needing a japanese 3ds or japanese emunand?

Edited by x06xp

Why did you make a separate topic for this?

Because DJPlayer left the Team and because we've new "rules" for this thread about giving support and such.

Would be cool if you can lock the other thread :)

I'm not able to edit the other threads anymore

btw.

Uploaded a new video

[spoiler=Video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ogP1Diw3Xs&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Cellenseres