Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War Divine Crusade balance patch v 0.2

DiogoJorge

Um... is it normal that none of the first six characters (Sigurd, Alec, Noish, Ardan, Lex and Azel) got any changes?

Sorry, my bad. I might have posted the wrong file. I was messing around to see if it was possible to patch both translation and the edit patch in the same file. I might have posted the file I was testing this on.

It should be fixed now. Just copy the link I reposted in my opening post.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Okay, it definitively works now! (Spoiler: Sigurd is a Junior Lord now :P)

I'll give you my thoughts once I get a good idea of it. :)

By the way, I know I'm repeating myself, but would you guys be interested - even just a bit - if I upload my ''balance'' patch, just for kicks?

Seems like, I have met my first obstacle.

For some reason, Gerrard, the boss of the prologue chapter is glitching, it seems that it doesn't recognize the Steel Axe weapon, making it invisible and uses it as a thrown weapon, causing the game to freeze. Anyone knows why this happened?

At first I tought it was a side effect of removing bows from the warrior class, but even after I put the rank back, this still happens.

Considering that DiMaggio didn't cause me this problem, despite having the same equipment as Gerrard. I must assume that something is wrong with the Warrior class, I just need to figure out what is.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Haha! I had the same problem as well!

It's quite simple actually. Both the Nightmare Modules and FE4Edit are not compatible with the sfc. extension file. However, if you use a smc. extension file, everything will go normal again.

If you edited a sfc. file with Nightmare, you would probably have noticed that all the stats were really strange, including a Dracomaster Sigurd with some incredible stats...

Hope this helps! ^^

Haha! I had the same problem as well!

It's quite simple actually. Both the Nightmare Modules and FE4Edit are not compatible with the sfc. extension file. However, if you use a smc. extension file, everything will go normal again.

If you edited a sfc. file with Nightmare, you would probably have noticed that all the stats were really strange, including a Dracomaster Sigurd with some incredible stats...

Hope this helps! ^^

The extension says "smc" tough.

Oh? That's just really strange then, because I've beaten Gerrard without any problems... weird.

Seems like, I have met my first obstacle.

For some reason, Gerrard, the boss of the prologue chapter is glitching, it seems that it doesn't recognize the Steel Axe weapon, making it invisible and uses it as a thrown weapon, causing the game to freeze. Anyone knows why this happened?

At first I tought it was a side effect of removing bows from the warrior class, but even after I put the rank back, this still happens.

Considering that DiMaggio didn't cause me this problem, despite having the same equipment as Gerrard. I must assume that something is wrong with the Warrior class, I just need to figure out what is.

Ensure he has a ranged weapon as part of his item set. It's weird but I feel it may actually resolve the problem.

Ensure he has a ranged weapon as part of his item set. It's weird but I feel it may actually resolve the problem.

Problem is, he already has a hand axe. He should switch to hand axe, but he doesn't and keeps showing Steel Axe. And I'm pretty sure he worked before, back in the v.0.01.

That means the problem started after I edited him further beyond that point. Maybe it's related to my previous hard disk failing. I copied the data from the previous disk to my new one, but it may be possible that some files got damaged due to the previous disk breaking. It may have affected the game file somehow. I guess I will just find a new file and start over, it's not like I made much progress to begin with, so not much will be lost. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Well, Seems like attempting to give Armor all weapon types, simply isn't going to cut it (at least with the editor and nightmare tools), the armor doesn't have animations for swords and axes, so it gets glitchy.

Anyway, I figured something out about the weapons with the editor, there's little point in Iron Swords and Iron Lances on the player side, so I replaced them with Iron Blades, Steel Blades and Steel Lances respectively. The player side has a limited inventory (they pretty much have only acess to some dozens of items and there's no way to add more, so the only thing to do is replace pointless weapons with better ones, for instance I replaced the Berserk Sword spot with a Flame Sword, and replaced the original Flame Sword spot with a Berserk Staff (which I think is more usefull than a Berserk Sword).

I've already got a new file to replace the damaged one, so I'm starting over, assuming there will be no problems this time, I should be able to put here a new version of my patch in a near future.

Well, Seems like attempting to give Armor all weapon types, simply isn't going to cut it (at least with the editor and nightmare tools), the armor doesn't have animations for swords and axes, so it gets glitchy.

Anyway, I figured something out about the weapons with the editor, there's little point in Iron Swords and Iron Lances on the player side, so I replaced them with Iron Blades, Steel Blades and Steel Lances respectively. The player side has a limited inventory (they pretty much have only acess to some dozens of items and there's no way to add more, so the only thing to do is replace pointless weapons with better ones, for instance I replaced the Berserk Sword spot with a Flame Sword, and replaced the original Flame Sword spot with a Berserk Staff (which I think is more usefull than a Berserk Sword).

I've already got a new file to replace the damaged one, so I'm starting over, assuming there will be no problems this time, I should be able to put here a new version of my patch in a near future.

Perhaps you could look into data of the hacks like FE4 binary, and see how they do it?

There's a way to make it so a class uses another class animations, I've seen it in plenty of FE4 hacks, so for the Armor Knight, you'd give it the Map+Battle animations of Sword, Bow, and Axe Armor knight.

Also from FE4 Binary, and several other hacks, you could make Pavise/Great Shield into Arden's personal skill. This would mean he starts with it, and passes it onto his children.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally figured it out.

After feeling burned out from this project for a while, I decided to try to change something that I found odd, for some reason, Nightmare editor made Gerrard a female by default. I changed it to male, and now the animation doesn't glitch anymore. With that out of the way, I can finally continue my project in peace.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2016-12-15 at 2:07 AM, OliKad said:

Maybe it's necroposting at this point, but have you made any progress since the past month?

It's on hiatus now. Have other things to do, but I plan on picking this project eventually.

• 4 months later...

By the way, I think that you may be able to make the multiple-weapons armors work just by making so that all of the Axe, Sword and Bow armor animations are linked to the standard armor class in the "Battle Animation Editor" Nightmare Module, and that they should also follow each other in that same editor. Do you know what I mean by that?