Touhou Fantasy, Xenomic's RPG Maker game!

Xenomic

Having some knowledge wouldn't hurt, but you can PROBABLY get away without having to know about Touhou too much (there's not too terribly much to know about in terms of backstory outside of incidents. The characters don't have super deep backgrounds or anything like that really).

It relies on canon a LOT actually, but with twists obviously.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, have some new screenies of other parts of the SDM!

Left hallway (bottom):

6d829c5d7f6fa190d457fb8ff8281cc5.png

Ballroom/Living Quarters (whichever you think fits):

2fad092bda622ccbe4074c8966443989.png

Still don't know what all rooms will be around. There's about 8 more rooms that can be put into the left hallway here. One of them (the one at the bottom right with the armor knight statues) will probably either be an art gallery or weapon gallery. If art gallery, I might have paintings be inspectable and show art from other games or something. If weapon gallery, will probably have sprites of weapons from other games (such as say, Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy) and place them in there for reference~

64d0147048f72702d05718a302acf20e.png

Decided to just make this the living room/quarters. The ballroom will go to the southern door from the living quarters, the kitchen to the north (left side of the hallway that leads up), and a bathroom to the wooden door on the left. That'll be 4 doors out of 8 (well, technically 5 due to having the art/weapon gallery area). Not sure about the other rooms...maybe they can be bedrooms or something. I'm sure mansions have bedrooms on the first floor, right?

Yes, there's some event mapping going on. Yes, you can walk behind the top and middle of the potted plants. This is as good as I'm going to get this tileset I think (this uses the "town04_c" tileset from the Mack thingie that Liberty gave me, in conjunction with another tileset for the floors and walls).

Also of note, that indent is going to stay up in the upper/lower left. Looking around my own house, I see indents like that around here and there (that aren't cupboards or closets) so...

EDIT - Might as well add some new stuff here (man, it's slow here lately huh?)

Bathroom:

3bb02f3f4340eea888d6027ec3fccb3f.png

Kitchen:

1b60c120478e4c08321543332d6179eb.png

Some are, some aren't. You see, there's this thing called Event Mapping, where you use events to map as well. It's mostly useful for things such as bundled trees or objects that are on top of other objects (in the lower layer) that would otherwise erase parts of the graphics of another tile. In the Kitchen, you'll see that all of the Es in there right now are all Event Mapping. If I did not do that, I could not have some of the tiles placed where they are at all.

New and exciting screenshots for the day! OH BOY!

Updated bathroom:

44e1cb87892b1ce2338b54bf88b4f87c.png

Kitchen (there is now a 4x3 rug in the center of the kitchen):

f45e50e92da911639c26d653f4715360.png

Updated Living Room:

ec57ae135cdc1558a178fd2b50fd4527.png

Bedroom:

a8bf48de87c458950a8ff647be85e009.png

Updated Ballroom:

30e90bf86bdc8728340ada6566139f9f.png
fbb07539f976336a5e42dc23fabbef19.png

C&C is welcome. Anything wrong with the maps? Too big? Too small? Something doesn't look right? Let me know! It'll be nice to hear from guys outside of RPGMaker.net on these things! The last room for the left hallway is the "weapon gallery", which is going to be tricky since I'm not sure on how big it'll be, and I do want to show several weapons in there. Any suggestions on said weapons would be nice (LttP Master Sword WAS suggested, but it wouldn't look right in here sadly). Hope to hear from ya'll~ ^^

Some new screenies for the day. Still working on these, but I'm already done with the left hallway, working on the right. 4 more rooms on the right hallway left to do!

Weapon Gallery:

2901f1e1a09dd3886c39041eb3ac03ef.png

Patchouli's Room:

22272b2de319d64043c2d2b72e3ac5f1.png

Kudos to anyone that can figure out what all of the weapons are! Try and guess, go on! For those of you curious, here's what each of them are!

Top Wall: Magical Broom (Tales of Phantasia), Godhand (FFTA)
Left-Top Wall: Mjolnir (FFV), Excalibur (FFV), Kusanagi no Tsurugi (FFTA), Ragnell (FE:A)
Right-Top Wall: Gradivus (FE: A), Mysteltinn (FE: A), Falchion (FE: A), Materia Blade (FFT)
Left Wall: Oathkeeper (Kingdom Hearts), Gungnir (FE: A)
Right Wall: Masamune (Chrono Trigger), Fairy's Bow (FFV)
Left Middle Display: Apollo Harp (FFV), Divinestone (FE: A), Magic Cape (LttP)
Right Middle Display: Moon Pearl (LttP), Mirror Shield (LttP), Silver Bow & Arrow (LttP)

Not used but on the sheet: Artemis Bow (FFV), Star Rod (Tales of Phantasia)

Originally was going to have another weapon gallery that'd be similar to FFV's Tablet room, where you'd have 12 weapons and needed to get "Tablets" or whatever to unseal the weapons to get. Was going to have each of the weapons in that room be the character's ultimate weapon. Not sure if I'll still do that or not (I don't have very many sprites I can use for each character...)...

Any suggestions for any rooms would be appreciated~ Also C&C is always welcomed! ^^

Ok, so to get this out of the way and explain what each dungeon is supposed to be like, here's a blog on each dungeon's design! Perhaps this will help me out with figuring out what to do with various dungeons, or maybe ya'll can give me ideas! In any case, here's some groundwork rules that I kinda set for myself:

1) Generally try to avoid having dungeons span for more than 10 maps. Obviously, some dungeons are going to bypass this limit due to how they are (Hollowed Caverns hits around 20-30 some odd rooms, while Cave to Pandaemonium has 100 rooms, but all are tiny rooms). This is due in-part to A) Wanting the areas to be explorable, moreso than in some other games, and B) Encounter rate being set to 80 (meaning 1 in 80 chance of an encounter each step).

2) Maps tend to be less than 100x100. That's a general rule of thumb. Some dungeons DO exceed this though, but are generally 1-2 screens long and that's it for the dungeon. Various items and abilities (and a couple characters as well) help alleviate the tediousness of some of the dungeons.

3) After completing a dungeon, oftentimes an option to let the player skip past the dungeon entirely will be open. Not always will this be the case however!

4) Each dungeon tends to have 1 Notorious Monster (that being that one monster that'll wreck face if the player is not prepared).

With that out of the way, time to go over each of the dungeons/locations, in order of when you can visit them!

Beta1:

Non-Dungeons

09c256f3684f6a9024d5e7bc6001b5ec.png
Hakurei Shrine: No dungeon gimmicks here, as it's the starting point of the game, and thus can be conceived as a "base" of sorts. I may do something to make it more of a homebase or the like. Not sure what though...does need to be sized down both on the outside and inside I feel. Moreso on the inside than outside.

ee9a7b63feb205289c8c79415a8ac698.png
Human Village: Split into two segments: North and South. North is more of the living center, with the School being there, while the South is more of the business center, with a couple homes there. Both sides need revamped significantly, and I may just relegate all homes in the south to the north. Not sure what all "shops" should be in the south, as after a certain point in the game, both villages are destroyed.

417fdb9b9dcdaf568ba75852128d6e1e.png
Kourindou: Only one or two boss fights ever happen here, but it's otherwise just a location. Needs revamped badly though...it looks terrible, is too big, and doesn't feel like Kourindou at all.

937a7dc08b40a9db1c6d069c44e5141f.png
Marisa's House: Only one boss fight ever happens here, and thus nothing else. Would LIKE to do more with this area, but don't know what. Needs revamped badly I think...

b3c2b47646b9a8cf1e1634a03873f3e5.png
Alice's House: One of the last few maps made before I got back into the game. Site of some sidequests that'll come later, but not sure what yet.

97a4651d70d13a6f847a85a243f10fc3.png
Myouren Temple: Some fights happen here only in the intro thus far. Otherwise, just another location. Needs to be sized down tremendously though, especially on the inside.

Sunflower Field: SUPPOSEDLY, but it's kinda destroyed and you only visit it once to fight Yuuka. So nothing needs to really be done here.

1d4ce4ed4365f487c06956f6cc4ef848.png
Mayohiga: Two boss fights happen here in the story, but other than that there's nothing else to this place. Supposed to be a deserted town really, but not run-down. Needs to be revamped badly but not sure HOW to go about doing so without making it too huge...

Dungeons

f94961191a4dc556fbc16622b6a1e398.png
Misty Lake: Fully revamped. It's still a basic tutorial dungeon, introducing some aspects of the battle system as well as some of the dungeon gimmicks that'll appear later on. Most of it is paying attention to the surrounding area for suspicious things, which leads to either finding items or progressing in the dungeon (moving towards rocks will allow the player to jump across the rocks, looking for breaks in the lake edge to walk across the water, etc.). Nothing hard and is relatively short. Misty Lake is the first to feature two separate paths: Easy and Hard. Easy having easier enemies but is relatively longer, while Hard is generally shorter but has stronger enemies and sometimes better rewards.

3d79c86b72d88d43a2593ed332ed83a4.png
Scarlet Devil Mansion: Currently being revamped at the moment. The mansion consists of the first floor, second floor, roof, library, and basement. During the first visit, there are no enemies, but from the second visit onwards, once the player has access to the library and basement, they can fight random encounters. Second visit also features the first touch encounters of the game, found only in the first and second floors of the mansion. After the second visit is completed, these encounters will disappear from the mansion.

The mansion layout is relatively smaller compared to before, but many more rooms have been added for flavor and exploration. In addition, the library will be still be a maze, but not sure if there'll be any other gimmicks. I have to make sure that the player doesn't accidentally walk off the top of bookshelves to other areas, meaning I may have to pull a Change Tileset like I do with bridges and the like. The basement...I'm not sure on what to do yet. It may still be an underground maze as well, but more dark-oriented. I don't know, any suggestions?

842370e67d97c9d87f479184a5686db7.png
Forest of Magic: Technically the second dungeon of the game. It's still relatively basic and even shorter than Misty Lake, even moreso on the Hard Path. It introduces status effects with the various enemies. Slightly revamped from the original.

8f5b9a4ef2ba6cffefb5e5d7bfd29f24.png
Bamboo Forest: Completely revamped from the original, losing the Hard Path (for now), as well as the sign puzzles, instant death pitfalls, and forest maze. Instead, it is two screens long and features a mini-maze in the first area, and a pitfall area where falling into the pits doesn't instantly game over you, and instead sends you back to the first area through a pit with a Tewi? enemy inside it.

3313f92f0d981506d78650e39c91a1bf.png
Eientei: Needs revamped from scratch. I've no idea how to make this work, and I'd rather avoid the door maze, but it needs to not be the way it is right now. The first visit has 10 rooms, but they're all terribly done. However, I WANT to keep the escape sequence in, so it needs to be decently long for the dungeon for the escape sequence to matter, and the Tewi Boo Carousel room must stay as well.

For those curious, the following gimmicks are in this dungeon:

Room #1: 20 doors, all Trap Doors. Behind some doors are treasures, but entering a door and leaving will reset all Trap Doors. The real path forward is through a hidden path right by the entrance.

Room #2: Tewi Boo Carousel.

Room #3: 8 doors, 4 are Trap Doors and entering them will spit the player out into earlier parts of the dungeon. The other 4 are illusion doors, where the player must find the one thing that's "off" about certain scenarios, or navigate a forest maze. Nothing spectacular at all.

Room #4: Quiz hallway. First chest requires the player to answer 5 questions in a row, second requires 12 in a row. Last chest requires the player to give it a 1-Up to continue.

Room #5: Battle Gauntlet. Two/three chests with enemies. Nothing special as they're enemies from Bamboo Forest.

Room #6: Nothing! Break hallway essentially with a save point and teleporter.

Room #7: Infinite hallway. Wraps around horizontally and has a bunch of doors, all which spit the player out in earlier parts of the dungeon. Way forward is back the way the player entered.

Room #8: Two parts. First part is just a hallway maze, requiring the player to find the correct hallway to progress forward. Second part has instant death pitfalls (player can tell they're near one by the ground shaking when they step on a tile close to one). The MAIN gimmick, however, is the player has to find and bring an armed bomb to the exit within 2 minutes or else they instantly game over. Terribly executed all around.

Room #9: Mini-boss and save point/teleporter.

Room #10: Boss room.

Beta2:

4e76a8cd17c1b7154098c9d784190055.png
Underschool: Revamped quite a bit, including treasures hidden by pathways and the first introduction of walking over lava (no random encounters happen in lava however). The dungeon has been sized down considerably in some areas as well. Enemies are quite dangerous however, in particular the Toxic Flowers due in-part to the Bio spells. May have to readjust the damage on those later...

f41ba67258f5974f82b0d0dead3f4bac.png
Youkai Mountain: The main portion of beta2. Not sure if it really needs revamped TOO badly, but it could do with a slight makeover perhaps? There's no real gimmick to the area. It's just a long-winded path that just takes time to get through. Enemies aren't nothing special in any of the areas. First introduces split parties however!

b8a8d76e599dd9187d7fee5511342bc2.png
Winter Forest: A straightforward dungeon with no real gimmicks. The vast majority of enemies are Ice-elemental and use Ice-elemental attacks however, so the player can plan around this a bit. Not too terribly long either. Already fully revamped.

acb1e8cb499e31aa1b75c76490a68f84.png
Hakugyokurou: The main dungeon itself is in the second screen on the stairs, which is a massive 30x300 map with touch encounters. The gimmick here? The player cannot run from any fights they get into, and all enemies are Ghost-type enemies, meaning most physical attacks are useless against them. However, the player gets to use Youmu here who's strong against Ghosts, and Reimu (with Youkai Buster) and Sanae (with Falling Stars) can also easily defeat enemies in this area. In the actual Hakugyokurou, which needs a slight revamp on the inside, it's generally small (except for the Yojana Garden to a degree, which has hidden items). Nothing too special happens in the main area aside from a few storyline fights however. Yojana Garden is the only place revamped.

Eientei: Also needs revamped on the second visit. The player cannot return to the first visit locations as the way is sealed, but can now grab any treasures behind the doors in the first areas since Trap Doors are gone. Main bulk of second visit is just a door maze...nothing exciting, but several touch encounters in various rooms that drop rare and powerful items and equipment. Needs revamped.

Beta3:

6d23cc8180cd95657abf4a6b403c03d4.png
Road of Reconsideration/Higan: Only the first visit is required to complete the dungeon, as any return trips will allow you to completely skip the main dungeon. Main bulk of the dungeon is 2 large screens, but nothing special about the dungeon itself. The enemies however are mirror images of the player's playable characters, with level 5 versions of several of the character's skills and oftentimes dropping a character-specific crafting item (as well as carrying a level 3 scroll to steal most of the time, with the exception of a couple characters carrying very rare scrolls). After the 2 screens, the screens are super tiny, and has 2 bosses as well as a shop area (mostly to buff up Komachi as she's required for a boss). Court of Hell has no special gimmicks, but is the site of where the player can obtain Advent Cirno (requires them to use Cirno solo). Road of Reconsideration has already been revamped.

e5b0fcc5edcad7e956be1e24d032f55f.png
6857ba85ece0b46954d1d04dd5bb21a9.png
Remains of Hell: One of few dungeons that doesn't allow the player to warp throughout it, and thus is a slogfest. First visit forces the player to use a party of Reimu/Marisa/Momiji, and the dungeon is fairly long with some decently strong enemies. Also features walking on lava and the first to introduce passing under bridges. Has a gimmick of finding a fake wall in order to progress forward in the dungeon. After the Remains of Hell, the player will enter the Ancient City (which needs revamped) where the player can find a shop and some items. Next area is the Palace of Earth Spirits (needs sized down and revamped slightly), where the player must find their way to Satori (no actual gimmick to the dungeon, but a lot of paths to go down and several dead-ends). Several visits require the player to come to the Palace of Earth Spirits, but only the first visit doesn't warp the player back outside.

Second visit will unlock the Blazing Fires of Hell, which is relatively short and nothing spectacular. Needs revamped kinda.

Bamboo Forest Clearing: Only one screen, which is where Mokou is fought. Doesn't need revamped at all.

d4de7e45e936339fd4a23f0c3af9484a.png
Poltergeist Mansion: Main gimmick is to find 4 books to get a key in a hidden basement. Mansion is home to several powerful enemies, all of various statuses. After defeating the Poltergeist Sisters, player is forced with a specific party of their choosing and are thus locked inside the mansion. Heading into the second area (needs revamped), the player will navigate a straightforward area but be forced into an enemy gauntlet. After defeating a couple bosses, player is forced with a specific party for the final boss of beta3. Main part of the mansion is already revamped.

Beta4:

Misty Lake: Exactly the same as first visit, only with fog and stronger enemies.

Scarlet Devil Mansion: Same as all other visits, except stronger enemies in library and basement.

Remains of Hell: Player is forced to use Marisa/Momiji/Yuugi for a while, then Yuugi is replaced with Koishi, and finally Utsuho joins. Second half requires the player to find 4 hidden switches to progress forward into the dungeon. Map isn't terribly large, but features bats that will drain the player's HP upon contact and CAN fatally kill characters. This area has already been revamped.

6d7fe689631843c7d08b5f4e581590f7.png
Youkai Mountain: First part is forced party of Sanae/Hina/Minoriko/Shizuha and is pretty close to a reenactment of the first time Sanae's party was used. Afterwards, player must go to the Kappa Caves which is a straightforward dungeon. Afterwards, player is locked into Bhava-Agra and must defeat the bosses there to progress in the game.

be7e4913691b4a2a64901c2d599ba779.png
Dream World: Player is forced to use only Yuuka. Relatively long scenario, but forces the player to decide whether to fight or run, and what to use with Yuuka in general. Features several 1v1 boss fights that need revamped.

274e3a3ec7b6988674ef7dff91ce031f.png
Scarlet Devil Mansion Dimensional Rift: Forced party of Remilia and Koakuma. Simply a teleporter maze, but a very short one. Feel like I could do more with this but not sure.

c7f90bfe701fde3fad9869050548554a.png
Icicle Caverns: Forced party of Iku and Letty. VERY straightforward dungeon and boring. Main gimmick is all previous Notorious Monsters can be fought here.

688b27f0020470fdf0296d4695bf07ca.png
Insect Forest: Main party is Mystia and Wriggle, later joined by Chen and Tewi. Decently long scenario, but easy enemies and no dungeon gimmicks. Meant as a way to gather items and yen without overleveling the main playable characters.

3cf37d10908fb6cc0e64a9e4ee0f61e2.png
Eastern Forest: Straightforward dungeon. Needs revamped badly, though will take some time as mapping forests is a pain in the butt. Not sure if it should have any dungeon gimmicks. Enemy encounters are of various elemental fairies, meaning the player is forced to think of which party members to bring and what equipment to wear.

b5e11f5125113b4c86827fc91d2c8e48.png
Cave to Makai: The longest dungeon in the game, up to 2-3 hours give or take depending on how players play. Features several bosses and many types of enemies, as well as various dungeon gimmicks (mazes, invisible paths, switches, pitfalls that spit the player back to the previous area, etc.). The dungeon could stand to be revamped slightly. Features various maps from other Final Fantasy games. Coming here too early forces the player to fight Omega, whom the player should not be able to defeat (and will ultimately lose to).

And that's the main bulk of this article! All of the beta1-4 dungeons, as well as the non-dungeon locations! Suzuran will more than likely appear later on as a library of sorts for the various character information, equipment, and the such. Any C&C, and/or ideas, will be much obliged. If needed, I can get a screenshot of each area in the game?

Huh, it looks pretty good so far, can't wait to see how it plays out!

Also also, are you going to, iunno, fix up the sprites in the weapons gallery? Some of them seem a bit.. out of place to me, to be honest. Then again, you might be going for that effect, so yeah.

I can't do much about sprites myself since well...I'm not a spriter. Sides, I think it adds its own charm (and there's far worse things in the game that's out of place than those, lemme tell you lol).

Update to the original shock sprite that Sky did by Aionios. Later, I'll combine both sprites into one spritesheet. That way, it'll have both the FX of the original with the update of the new one.

Grizela.gif~original
GrizzySheet.png~original

So yeah, apologies to Sky79 if I offended him at all by letting Aionios update the shock.

In other news, I'm not sure how Sky managed to get any of Grizela's sprites that he's done to work with the character herself. I tried with these shock sprites, but I cannot get them to properly insert at all. Can anyone give me a hand with this problem?

Grizela can be found here: http://fanatail.michikusa.jp/mugen.html

The rest of the sprites can be found in earlier posts. If anyone can help with getting ALL of the sprites properly working (Sky did send me his version that had all of the current sprites working outside of the updated Shock. Still baffled as to how he did so), that'd be great. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, if there's a palette issue (I know that the white in the character is shared by the background itself is a problem, but that didn't seem to affect the sprites Sky put in...), or what. So yeah! ^^;;

2K3 can't handle VXA stuff AFAIK sadly. I don't recall the exact dimensions of charsets, but they seem to be less than 32x32 per frame. x_x;;

One of the main reasons I couldn't fit in some sprites like Final Fantasy All the Bravest sprites. So much for having Ultima Weapon in the gallery!

Some new screenies for ya'll interested! First up, the newly revamped Hakurei Shrine!

bb0b9cc45b1ddd1ea279e4dc9a966dcc.png
2907683e73a39009e2813012d957fb37.png

The shrine has been massively reduced in size both inside and outside. So now it doesn't take a minute to walk through the entire place! In addition, finding the Yin-Yang Orb weapon is a lot easier now as there's a visual indicator.

And last but not least, Kourindou has received a new look outside!

246b8072a7d6400f2c71c1ee7dac42e9.png

The inside of Kourindou is next to get reskinned. Moriya Shrine also got redone and reduced in size, so there's another area much smaller in size! Once Kourindou is done, Myouren Temple may be the next thing to be done...or Human Village. One or the other! Several maps may NOT be touched at all (some due to already being redone, such as Misty Lake, Road of Reconsideration, and Winter Forest) as they don't really need it TOO terribly. Others though (such as Eientei and possibly Cave to Makai) need it super badly. We'll see what happens! Don't worry though...eventually I'll progress the actual story and get beta5 done! Someday...

• 1 month later...

No, don't worry. Game's not dead, just took a big break because I couldn't think of some puzzles is all.

So! Here are the currently implemented puzzles in new Eientei! No screenshots sadly this time...

Battle Room: 10 chests, all with random encounters (up to 10 sets of encounters per chest). The key is in one of these chests, and once the key is obtained, then the chests will stop giving enemies. However, if the player leaves the room without the key and comes back, all chests will respawn with different encounters, and the key will move to a completely different chest.

Hidden Passageway Room: Invisible maze, so to speak. You have to activate a switch at the start of the room, which gives 30 seconds (time pending as I haven't tested any of these rooms yet) for you to get to where the key is and pick it up. Otherwise, you have to reset the timer and try again. Nothing too difficult as there's nothing in the way.

Moving Floor Room: Based on Final Fantasy V's Desert of Shifting Sand area. Basically, you walk on a tile, and it'll move you in the direction it's facing. Have to get to the center area where the key is, but there's also a couple treasure chests strewn about in the area.

Sound Puzzle: Listen to a set of 5 sounds and play them back by finding the appropriate sound player and playing them in the correct order. Five levels, with level 1/2 giving 2 seconds between each note, level 3/4 giving 1 second, and level 5 giving half a second (times pending).

Now, the final room is what's kept me from finishing the new Eientei, as I've been trying to come up with an idea for a while now (a good half a week to week actually). I MAY have one though, based on Paper Mario, where you enter the room and pick up the key, but the door locks on you. You have to either:

A) Put the key back to open the door. Obviously not the right solution as you need the key, or

B) Give up items to open the door.

Basically, there's 3 pillars, and each will ask you to give up specific items and in specific amounts. For instance, the first pillar would ask something like "Sacrifice P x25/Lapis x10/Potion Berry x3/F x1?", then you choose whichever one you want to do and it'll remove that amount from your inventory. If the player doesn't have enough of any given items asked, they can pick up the items they already put down, put the key back, and then leave the room to get the required items. Once the player leaves the room with the key, they can never go back into the room to reclaim the items.

So yeah! That's how new Eientei is looking thus far! What do you guys think of the final puzzle? It's not much of a puzzle but...^^;;

Well, since there hasn't been much feedback on this idea in any of the forums, I'll probably go with this just to finish up Eientei. After all, I'd like to get this patch out for people to actually enjoy beta1 and so that I can continue beta5! After I finish up the second half of Eientei later...

• 2 weeks later...

So to share everything I've done thus far, here's what's up! First up, the five puzzle rooms:

Battle Room:
b0717af111fb997ffb35532fc5e89132.png

Hidden Passageway Room:
932745ca571c9a6ec7579d5c3a4b4089.png

Item Sacrifice Room:
920d4e99025d278e0cb4a237377a1db4.png

Moving Floor Room:
23e5e0e25e0d21ac088c2c667f0aa2be.png

Sound Room:
18a4cb3193a454cc75011fc3b8ab7766.png

In addition, Eientei now has a couple galleries similar to SDM! One has items that the player can take, and the other is just cameo appearances with dialogue from the characters (which I plan on implementing in the SDM version too...just waiting until later though). See if you can spot the cameos!

439a7e010f6880d27f899cd2e22e54b8.png
9c4ca4abebb431cced6bd4384e8eb12d.png
e1766e6f45cc23a151f60b21929b5c8b.png

Getting closer and closer to finishing this dungeon. Though now I feel like I should revamp OTHER dungeons before releasing this patch. Ugh...>_< Wish I had more help on mapping to make this faster, or even more people to brainstorm with. That's my main issue right now is I just can't think of a good way to handle most of these new designs. It's kinda sad in a way. @_@;

Ok, so since I FINALLY finished Eientei (thank gods...) for the first visit, and while I'm waiting for someone to fix up the events for something later in the game before I release this massive patch, I am thinking of adding in a new area to the game where the player can get information on their characters, equipment, abilities, etc.. Originally, I wanted to have it so that the item you get from this shop (which for now will teleport the player to the shop instead of what it was going to be used for, which was to be like the Book of Combat (I forgot who gave me that now...)) would do this instead but...I don't know how to handle this.

Basically, the book was to be a glossary of something like say...

Characters
**Reimu Hakurei
***Bio/Elemental Resistances/Status Resistances/Secondary Command(s) data/Ability data (for skills)
Locations
Items
Weapons
Shields
Armor
Helmet
Accessories

The problem though is:

A) I am not sure how to handle this at all, especially given that not all abilities will be available to the player, and the shop could easily give away what abilities do (though I guess that's not too big of an issue I guess).
B) If I were to have the book do this, it's even more perplexing to me than if I were to do it via the shop, as I don't know how I'd avoid spoilers for characters not yet obtained...

So yeah, if anyone can help, that'd be swell! These are the prototype screens for said glossary thing (for the characters at least). Some statuses are no longer there at all (Charm is completely gone, and Amnesia got merged with Blind. Other statuses may not be here either).

d1ab19a10db18e999d424612e8eaa3ce.png
b39d4c7f0ea857f05ac0b8a634b662ec.png
5730c4f0d02f2aaa8646c5862fe5ef02.png

So yeah! Would there be anyone interested in helping a bro out with this? There's a lot of stuff that needs done, and I'd love to do this for the player so they can actually know exactly what everything does without having to have the ReadMe file open all the time. >_<