Priscilla or Serra?

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Priscilla is better because of higher Mov and still bearing similiar stats to your current Serra at base level. If you're just foolin' around with Arena abuse, use both to your heart's content.

I generally go for Priscilla for the extra movement, since neither one will be doing anything noteworthy combat-wise. If you do use either for combat, Priscilla gets anima, which is stronger and surprisingly most anima tomes weigh less than light tomes, and IIRC are cheaper. You should use Lucius anyway if you're going to have a light magic user, as he usually caps his MAG and SPD, can support with Raven and Priscilla, and has better CON for light tomes.

They both wind up around the same stat-wise based on averages, but I usually go for Priscilla anyway.

Priscilla. She's more capable of following your group, and Anima magic is more useful in the game than Light magic, from what I can tell. If you really wanted to use Light magic, there's nothing wrong with using Lucius.

Priscilla, easily. Her movement advantage trumps any stat or level leads Serra may have. Also, her post promotion combat is better than Serra's(20atk/15AS with Fire vs 19atk/14AS with Shine, assuming both are 20/1) And as for supports, Priscilla's support pool is better than Serra's(Hector and Oswin have better people to support, namely each other. Matt isn't being deployed except in maps with swag, Sain and Flo are mounted and will not want to gimp themselves by supporting a cleric, and using Serra and Lucius on the same party is redundant. Not to mention all of Serra's supports are slow as shit. At least Priscilla gets +3 supports with Raven and Erk, and can support Heath and Sain. Guy too, if he wasn't so gay for Matt. And Oswin, but she has better things to do than support a general.)

And if you want a light user, Lucius is better for that sort of thing. He's stronger, faster, and can use light magic better. Also, he caps magic as a bishop faster than Serra can get to A/S light.

Edited by James

You should use Priscilla. The question then is if you want a Bishop. If you do, Serra's only advantage is that she promotes with A Staves and D Light, making her slightly more versatile than Lucius (Lucius starts with access to most useful staves, though). Serra's supports take a long time to go up, and Serra's affinity, Thunder, only increase her already broken Avoid and Crit Evade, making most of her supports rather redundant and not worth it in the long run. She really needs Attack boosts.

If you want to have fun, though, get Serra to promotion and stick her on a forest/fort and laugh at the enemies trying to damage her. Dual Thunder support with Hector makes her nearly unhittable by most enemies.

Edited by Whitefang

She does if you play Lyn mode beforehand. Her or Erk. Serra is getting it before Priscilla with Lyn Mode for sure though.

Why? And then why does it matter? If you're trying to get them high enough first, you'll likely have two before either are ready, anyway.

I forgot about the chapter 18 ring, tbh.

My main point was Serra is reaching level 20 before Priscilla.

And if you play Lyn mode beforehand (S-Ranked) Serra should have a huge level lead. In my current run, Serra has 7 levels on Prissy going into chapter 18.

Edited by General_Horace

My main point was Serra is reaching level 20 before Priscilla.

Not always, and not even often, I'd say, LHM or not. Priscilla just has an easier time healing due to her Move advantage and is a higher priority for promotion anyway. Plus they likely won't be hitting 20 before Physics show up, and at the point the difference would be too small to matter.

When about are the healers usually reaching level 10 anyway, with regards to LTC/efficient play?

It's my first efficient run barring drafts, but I had Prissy promote at level 12 before chapter 27. Why I didn't promote her earlier, idk. Serra is lower leveled because she wasn't deployed as much.

And RFoF, it's not hard to find two people to heal every turn. Glue Serra to somebody like Bartre that you're fielding for exp. Only for ranked play though. Prissy is infinately better than Serra for efficiency though.

And I did say Prissy was better overall too.

Edited by General_Horace

Serra promoting earlier is not worth much, because her promoted combat is nothing special (15/1 Erk, Lucius or Canas > 20/1 Serra), and a later promotion is better for the exp rank. Any LHM levels that Serra gains is also exp she cannot contribute to the main campaign.

It's my first efficient run barring drafts, but I had Prissy promote at level 12 before chapter 27. Why I didn't promote her earlier, idk. Serra is lower leveled because she wasn't deployed as much.

I see. The only playthrough of mine I can think of as an example would be one of my FE7 drafts, where I promoted Priscilla once she reached level 10 in Chapter 25.

Undoubtedly use Priscilla, she's lv. 3 and Serra is lv. 5 and both of them have almost the equal stats, having Prissy the lead in mag(3 is a good difference, and if she gains 2 more the next 2 levels, she'll have a 5 magic lead), and def, although Serra has a lead in Hp that practically nullifies Prissy's def lead. But Prissy has more chance on taking advantage of the situation.

Try Prissy + Guy support, Guy should be a killing machine and when Prissy promotes, everyone will hear the thunders cry :awesome: .

- If you want a bishop, Serra and Lucius are almost the same, talking about AS (Wpn weight - Con.). Serra will have more avoid but Lucy will probably have more magic and skill. Now the difference is the time when they atck/heal.

To be fair, Priscilla's kind of a whore.

And we know how Crash hates whores. Take a look at his Lachesis rant.

Still, Priscilla isn't a waste of space as Crash suggested. You really can't turn down a mounted healer.

Edited by James