Fire Emblem: Four Heroes and the Hollow King

Corrobin

Allright, while I don't have any pictures or sprites or much of anything, but I've had this on the backburner for a while now.

1. Setting

On the continent of Ragnell, 2000 years ago the dragon's were fought and banished to a faraway isle called Alondite. But now, a new threat emerges: A conquering, mysterious tyrant know only as the Hollow King. Who is this dangerous man, and why does he conquer? But four heroes will rise up to fight him!

2. Protagonists

Leon-A brash knight serving the first country conquered by the Hollow King, who was protecting King Aze. After being knocked away by a incredibly strong backhand by a Hollow Knight, he watched as a sword plunged into the king's chest. Taking the king's daughter Crim, and his mage friend Zeke, he fled. He vows revenge upon the Hollow King. His class is the Vigilante, who is like a Cavalier, but on foot and with higher defense and less speed.

Lycan- An ex-general of the Hollow King, Lycan realized that he did not feel the same about the Hollow King's conquering ways. He fled, and plans to fight against his old master. His class is the Blade Prince, who is a Myrmidon with higher strength.

Vern- A mysterious cloaked man, who hates the Hollow King with a burning passion. But why does he hate him so, and why is his face obscured? His class is Tactitian, who wields Anima Magic and swords.

Kiera- A dancer with stranger powers that the Hollow King desires, who simply wants to live in peace. She fights because she does not like her days locked inside the Hollow King's dungeons. Her class is the Dancer, but she can fight with swords, and her stats are rather Myrmidon-esque, without the focus on critical hits.

Edited by Corrobin

Other Characters-

Crim- Leon's childhood friend and princess of Zure. She's kind and thoughtful, but she's a bit naive and sheltered. The one with the largest coin purse. Class: Troubadour.

Zeke- Keon's other friend and an aspiring mage. He's very sarcastic, but he's also analytical and often noticed something others don't. The one who rolls his eyes the most. Class: Mage.

Connor- A thief hired by Vern. He's sneaky and likes puns, but has a soft spot for children. The most quiet in a conversation. Class: Thief.

Stacy- A cleric and medic hired by Vern. She's sweet, but shy, and doubts her own capabilities. The most jealous of other women's... assets. Class: Cleric.

Randall- A wandering warrior that Kiera runs into, who loves a good fight. He's very chivalrous, and hates mysoginistic people. The first to work out in the morning. Class: Fighter.

Grace- A friend of Randall's, who protects the town of Rlet from monsters and bandits. The most adept at fixing her hair. Class: Archer.

New gameplay ideas-

The four main characters each have a four chapter-long prologue, before they meet up with each other. You choose which order you fo them in.

Leon's is more gimmicky. The first chapter is an escape mission, the second is a survival, third is a defensive mission and the fourth is a defeat all bosses mission.

Lycan is a series of solo missions, usually involving killing a boss with limited weaponry, items and levels.

Vern's is straightforward, all are routing the enemy.

Kiera is also straightforward routing missions.

Promotions are branching, like Sacred Stones, with the protagonists being the exception.

Certain gaiden chapters have unique conditions, like having certain support levels between characters, having a group of characters alive, having all characters being alive, having everyone above a certain level, or having a certain amount of money.

Edited by Corrobin

How do you think you'll do this?

FE8 hack or something else?

Whatever the answer, you should provide something before posting even a project topic, trust me.

My advice is to not be afraid of using place holders for graphics and audio and start doing something.

How do you think you'll do this?

FE8 hack or something else?

Whatever the answer, you should provide something before posting even a project topic, trust me.

My advice is to not be afraid of using place holders for graphics and audio and start doing something.

Thank you for the advice. I think I'll do it in FEXP. I have school, so until I have a good break this will mostly be just talking about story and characters with a little gameplay ideas.

FEXP . . . a difficult engine to work. I speak from experience. I have been working on my own game in FEXP as well. Either you need to be good in code, or you need to have someone with you who is good with code, as the engine is relatively incomplete.

FEXP . . . a difficult engine to work. I speak from experience. I have been working on my own game in FEXP as well. Either you need to be good in code, or you need to have someone with you who is good with code, as the engine is relatively incomplete.

Thank you for the heads-up. I've heard good things about FEXP, though. I'm still debating it, though. I probably won't get serious about this until my summer vacation.

Unique weapons:

Fencer- A moderately uncommon sword used in duels. Leon's starting weapon. Grants +1 to Speed and Skill.

Okami- A elegantly curved blade with an eastern hilt. Lycan's starting weapon, grants +5% to crit rate and dodge chance.

Fafnir Flame- A fiery tome with written in a unusual language. One of Vern's starting weapons. Not that powerful, but incredibly light.

Dragon Fang- A sword said to be carved out of dragon bone. Vern's second starting weapon. 1-2 range, uses Vern's Strength vs. Enemy Resistance at range.

Swan Princess- An elegant weapon for a civilized lady. Kiera's starting weapon. Increases Speed by 4 when equipped.

Edited by Corrobin

Ugh, are they all swords except for the one tome? With four lords, you should have one without swords, at least before promotion.

And, as much as this may seem contraddictory, having both a tome and a magic sword as personal weapons is redoundant.

Leon can use spears from the start as well as swords- I just am gonna punt an Iron Lance instead of a unique weapon.

• 4 weeks later...

Leon Chapter One: Hollow Invasion

Leon and Crim have to make it to the hidden chamber in the library to escape the Hollow Army!

Lycan Chapter One: Hollow Lord

Lycan realizes how evil the Hollow King is, and runs from the Hollow Keep. He is found by a brigade of Hollow Knights, and fights the leader Bastian.

Vern C1: Hollow Detruction

Vern and Connor fight against a towns invasion.

Kiera C1: Hollow Escape

Kiera, fleeing from the Hollow Keep, fights a platoon of soldiers.

• 3 weeks later...

Continent of Ragnell and island of Alondite.

So uhh, Ike's sword is a continent and the BK's sword is an island?

No offense, think we need some more original names.

Continent of Ragnell and island of Alondite.

So uhh, Ike's sword is a continent and the BK's sword is an island?

No offense, think we need some more original names.

That's the idea....

• 2 months later...

No it isn't, just were stand ins. Continents's now called Ragnar and dragon island is now Niflheim.