The Absolute Worst Fire Emblem Characters.

This is just a poll that I made because I can't seem to find one of all the fire emblem games. Anyways the worst in my opinion is Oliver. Oliver in 10 ain't all that bad in fact he makes for a great substitute if Laura and rhys bit the dust. BUT in 9 he is the worst unit ever. Now his stats aren't the worst ever but nothing to write home about. He is only available in trial maps which limits the amount of times you can use him but it's okay because you won't miss him. He can't lvl up at all and for him having bad stats for being a lvl 2 bishop he won't be able to do anything. The most damage that I recall him ever doing is 2 damage and that was to a general. Sure he comes with a nosfuatu which is a great spell but he won't be able to make use of it with that pitiful damage. Sure he has an A rank in staffs, Good luck and good res but what does that matter when he will die in ,the most, two hits from anything that isn't magic? The only two things useful about him is that he comes with nosfuatu so you can give that to rhys and that A rank for staffs which lets him use almost any staff but even then because of his pitiful stats the only one he can use to make a difference is a recover anything else and he won't be useful.

If you don't count trial map character than Garath from FE10. Whoisthisgit Explained it best in his video which I will put a link to right now

Edited by TornadoGenerator456

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a poll that I made because I can't seem to find one of all the fire emblem games. Anyways the worst in my opinion is Oliver. Oliver in 10 ain't all that bad in fact he makes for a great substitute if Laura and rhys bit the dust. BUT in 9 he is the worst unit ever. Now his stats aren't the worst ever but nothing to write home about. He is only available in trial maps which limits the amount of times you can use him but it's okay because you won't miss him. He can't lvl up at all and for him having bad stats for being a lvl 2 bishop he won't be able to do anything. The most damage that I recall him ever doing is 2 damage and that was to a general. Sure he comes with a nosfuatu which is a great spell but he won't be able to make use of it with that pitiful damage. Sure he has an A rank in staffs, Good luck and good res but what does that matter when he will die in ,the most, two hits from anything that isn't magic? The only two things useful about him is that he comes with nosfuatu so you can give that to rhys and that A rank for staffs which lets him use almost any staff but even then because of his pitiful stats the only one he can use to make a difference is a recover anything else and he won't be useful.

If you don't count trial map character than Garath from FE10. Whoisthisgit Explained it best in his video which I will put a link to right now

Nosferatu isn't very good in Path of Radiance, FYI.

Wendy from Binding Blade has no redeeming value as a unit. Honestly I'd say she's the worst overall in the series.

Sophia and Wendy, both from FE6, are terrible, terrible units. Sophia in particular joins in one of the hardest chapters in the game at level 1 with horrid bases, a terrible CON, and in a class that limits her to the heaviest magic type. Wendy is in a similar boat, but her class is even worse, her accuracy sucks in a game with existent enemy stats, and generally being more trouble than she's worth. To add insult to injury for them, they're not even particularly good if you train them! Trained Sophia is barely better than trained Raigh.

At least Sophia is nice as a character, even if she goes overboard with the ellipses.

In terms of units? If you count Tearing Saga, Maerhen

Just looked at begining stats and growth rates.... but oliver is still worst. At least you can level up Maerhen and if you're lucky get something up while Oliver can't improve.

Just looked at begining stats and growth rates.... but oliver is still worst. At least you can level up Maerhen and if you're lucky get something up while Oliver can't improve.

I don't count Trial map characters.

Also, I'd say Wendy has absolutely nothing going for her as a unit whatsoever. At least Gareth has Blood Tide.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

In terms of units? If you count Tearing Saga, Maerhen

Let's not forget that Maerhen can pick locks. And Holmes' missions often require him to open chests, so deploying Maerhen helps a lot in getting a smooth victory. And as pathetic as his stats are, they are still better then those of his fellow thieves Yuni and Bud. And of course his skill can be exploited to a ridiculous degree.

I vote Sophia. As if it wasn't bad enough that she comes in the second half of the game as a level 1 unit, she is also forced to stick with the heavy and inaccurate Dark Magic. And with a meager 2 points of skill, her states can't compensate for how bad her weapons are. Even when one goes through the agonizing procedure of actually training her, there is no payoff. At best she is going to be a worse version of Lillina.

That's not even what makes him so bad. It's his skill Mug. It allows him to take the entire inventory of a unit he defeats but in exchange he lowers the avoid and hitrate of all allies in 3 spaces by 50. Maybe even more.

Edited by BrightBow

Karel from FE6. He's too bad man. He joins at level 19 with horrible growths and his bases don't make up for it. Plus Swordmaster is obviously the worst class in FE, especially in FE6 where they get +30 crit.

I was gonna mention Sophia and Wendy, but they're already said. Huh. Well, Cecilia is better than those 2, but she gets a special mention for her base stats sucking. And yeah, I hate Cecilia. xD

Edit: Also Barth because I tried to use him and he ended up SO BADLY. He kept losing in the arenas to every enemy except Soldiers. Just WHAT.

Edited by CrystalPoke

Edit: Also Barth because I tried to use him and he ended up SO BADLY. He kept losing in the arenas to every enemy except Soldiers. Just WHAT.

He is probably the best of the Ostia knights (for what it's worth). After all he is only one level away from being able to promote, so he doesn't have to use lances in Axe Land and gets that extra point of movement that Knights desperately need. And unlike his fellow knights, his defense is at least decent.

Edited by BrightBow

I don't count Trial map characters.

Also, I'd say Wendy has absolutely nothing going for her as a unit whatsoever. At least Gareth has Blood Tide.

May I introduce you to someone? This is Ena. She comes ealier so you can train her up. Has way more resistance than gareth and has blood tide as well. If you are using Gareth for his blood tide he will die because of his poor Res and Speed stats and he has nowhere to hide from the magic users because of there godly Move.

May I introduce you to someone? This is Ena. She comes ealier so you can train her up. Has way more resistance than gareth and has blood tide as well. If you are using Gareth for his blood tide he will die because of his poor Res and Speed stats and he has nowhere to hide from the magic users because of there godly Move.

As much as I think that, it's still more that he has going for him than the likes of Wendy, who is pretty much THE absolute worst unit in the entire series.

Karel from FE6. He's too bad man. He joins at level 19 with horrible growths and his bases don't make up for it. Plus Swordmaster is obviously the worst class in FE, especially in FE6 where they get +30 crit.

I know that you don't mean this because it is crossed out but.... Karel has the best growths in the history of Fire Emblem (even though he only has one level up to use it on.)

He is probably the best of the Ostia knights (for what it's worth). After all he is only one level away from being able to promote, so he doesn't have to use lances in Axe Land and gets that extra point of movement that he desperately needs. And unlike his fellow knights, his defense is at least decent.

But at least Bors has actual growths on something other than HP and Strength. 25% Skill? 20% Speed? 2% RESISTANCE??? brb killing myself. And I don't like to early promote unless I really need to. But I don't.

(Also, just in case, I'm not trying to offend here. I'm chill. I like to prove my point this way xD)

Edit: Yeah I know Karel is awesome. In my FE6 Randomized Run he joined with capped everything except Luck and Resistance.

Edited by CrystalPoke

As much as I think that, it's still more that he has going for him than the likes of Wendy, who is pretty much THE absolute worst unit in the entire series.

She has bad stats and is only Lvl 1 but her growths seem pretty good (I say seem because I haven't seen other growth rates from the game)

She has bad stats and is only Lvl 1 but her growths seem pretty good (I say seem because I haven't seen other growth rates from the game)

Growths aren't everything. It's also worth noting that her joining situation is awful beyond belief.

If only Wendy would join in Chapter 7, she would be so much better. At least she's better than Barth, in a run where you don't care about arena grinding, that is, because her bases suck so much.

If only Wendy would join in Chapter 7, she would be so much better. At least she's better than Barth, in a run where you don't care about arena grinding, that is, because her bases suck so much.

Knights aren't the type of class I'd be sending into the arena in the first place, since they tend to draw steel or even silver weapons out. Also, I'm not sure Wendy would be much better even if she joined one chapter earlier...

Wendy from Binding Blade has no redeeming value as a unit. Honestly I'd say she's the worst overall in the series.

Wendy has the Triangle Attack. It's not great, but what's Sophia doing that's better than that?

Growths aren't everything. It's also worth noting that her joining situation is awful beyond belief.

Oh yes that joining situation is bad but if you put time into her she can still come out good while even if you get Gareth to lvl 40 he will still die in a turn.

Knights aren't the type of class I'd be sending into the arena in the first place, since they tend to draw steel or even silver weapons out. Also, I'm not sure Wendy would be much better even if she joined one chapter earlier...

Yeah, I know. But at least Wendy is balanced and maaybe she can avoid getting doubled?

Also, in chapter 7, there are a lot of lance users, as far as I remember, and there's also an arena if you want to try your luck. It would improve her odds a bit, because chapter 9 onwards is all axes and magic.

Yeah, I know. But at least Wendy is balanced and maaybe she can avoid getting doubled?

Also, in chapter 7, there are a lot of lance users, as far as I remember, and there's also an arena if you want to try your luck. It would improve her odds a bit, because chapter 9 onwards is all axes and magic.

Yeah that would help a bit.

Oh yes that joining situation is bad but if you put time into her she can still come out good while even if you get Gareth to lvl 40 he will still die in a turn.

I doubt that, especially given I have to bust my ass to train her because she has crap for hit rates, and dies to pretty much anything. And this IS a game with big maps we're talking about... and she joins right when they're about to get bigger. That can't help. And the final nail in Wendy's coffin? She joins right before an axe-dominated part of the game. Also, there are ways to help Gareth's survivability (Wardwood and Pure Water).

Given chapter 7's reputation, its not the type of map I'd want a deadweight like Wendy on...

I doubt that, especially given I have to bust my ass to train her because she has crap for hit rates, and dies to pretty much anything. And this IS a game with big maps we're talking about... and she joins right when they're about to get bigger. That can't help. Also, there are ways to help Gareth's survivability (Wardwood and Pure Water).

Given chapter 7's reputation, its not the type of map I'd want a deadweight like Wendy on...

Chapter 7 didn't bother me a lot. I've seen harder maps, but I suppose that depends on playstiles, but you have a point. I suppose FE6 doesn't give much chances to Armor Knights to shine.

I doubt that, especially given I have to bust my ass to train her because she has crap for hit rates,

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. Training Wendy is easy, if you're willing to turtle. Just set up a Triangle attack, rescue her to safety, rinse, repeat.