slice 'n' spice

deranger

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the other two tiles for the riverspanninglog. Are they above and below or to the left and right?

And slight changes including the log's positioning.

foresteditsscrn.png

The chapter I have in mind for this map involves two units who can traverse thickets, so the log's not that pointless.

Since the log is positioned horizontally, the other tiles would normally go on the left and right of the tree; however, it appears that 6A006B6C doesn't have those tiles in the tileset. You'll have to test the map in-game to see if the log can be crossed or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

pres341.png

Bow String or no(No bow string won't look as funny in motion), more or less turned bow when standing, higher or lower arrow position, hand position after release, or new frames cause none of them are working?

ch1escrn.pngch1scrn.png

Left or right

Edited by deranger

Bow string because I have no idea how he plans to fire an arrow without one.

And I say right, even though neither will allow anyone to the left part of that map, that tree thing is not able to be crossed.

Nomad magic

and simple nightmare edits (thicket tiles have a defensive and avoid bonuses programmed in interestingly enough),

though they're kind of the starting point and i guess serve more an aesthetic and story line purpose than a functional one.

Edited by deranger

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, ya you need to branch out a little. Explore new things!

They both look pretty smooth, though. But, the attempt feels a little cramped and the sword looks out of place.

Is the first one suppose to troll you with its lack of a navigable entrance?

Edited by Primefusion

Is the first one suppose to troll you with its lack of a navigable entrance?

Yes, if moving through walls has a higher cost movement than your move, go home.

It's a cut scene map, so I took some liberties haha. You don't need to get into the place, or its two towers, or onto the center platform. That'd just be silly.

Edited by deranger

I meant more, you just see the castle, characters don't go inside it? I know how cutscenes work thankyou. :P

I don't know, I just make things I think look pretty.

Boss battle -> bosses are now required to be able to walk through walls.

• 1 month later...

lurds.png

Battle sprites for these guys:

10temu.gifrley.gif

Planning to make both into full animations. The first will probably just be an accessorized eliwood with a different color layout.- fuck that shit I'm rearranging eliwoood frames so it looks a bit better and more logical different than Eliwood. The second shouldn't be too difficult to do, since the arms are pretty much all that have to move.

Also, more uninspired, unambitious, but hopefully clean splices.

revive.png

Can't find color schemes I like

and Villagers should have chibis. I hate learning chibi customing.

Edited by deranger

But splicing faces is work. Wait, I can give Fir's face someone else's so I don't have to make blinking frames!

I've found I like battle spriting and chibi-ing a bit more than mugging. And I think they come out better because there are fewer pixels to mess up. The obvious Eliwood edit came out a lot better than I expected, though it took some color juggling to get him to 14(+outline+background) colo---wait, fuck, it's got one too many colors. Getting rid of light green. And I've just been mulling over the bowman for a long time.

Edited by deranger

Faces really need to mixed and mashed like potatoes. Nobody likes default faces/characters just being rehashed, even if you use a different palette, it's still annoying.

They should be something like so;

x6mzom.png

j/k, I'm tired and bored. e_e

Faces really need to mixed and mashed like potatoes. Nobody likes default faces/characters just being rehashed, even if you use a different palette, it's still annoying.

They should be something like so;

x6mzom.png

j/k, I'm tired and bored. e_e

Srsly lol'd at the Fir splice's "new" eyes. Somehow...it works.