Is Priam Canon?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be eventually.

You can't be related to Ike and have a dead gear Pokemon around your neck and not expect to be the main character in something at some point.

I have mixed feelings about Priam. D: He's canon, no doubt, but that bastard sunk my Ike/Soren ship I just wonder WHY he's there. Will he be the hero of FE14? I wish he had more support options so we could find out what the heck is up with Priam.

I have mixed feelings about Priam. D: He's canon, no doubt, but that bastard sunk my Ike/Soren ship I just wonder WHY he's there. Will he be the hero of FE14? I wish he had more support options so we could find out what the heck is up with Priam.

Well that's the point, support options will only ruin the mystery, that's why he is a secret they don't want to spoil his character.

Ike had a concubine. :awesome:

I've a feeling Priam was created simply for us western fans, because Ike is pretty much the most popular lord out here and it would increase sales for IS if they could make the series appeal more to the west as well as Japan. And what better way to give him a shout-out besides through DLC than to add a descendant?

I'm so glad IS cares about us! ^^

I'd take a guess the mystery could be to get people excited and speculating, so whenever they get around to FE14 and if they show Priam in the trailer they'll spark interest.

Guys, you forget that Ike is rather unpopular in Japan. As much as I love him, I doubt IS is going to make another game featuring him OR Priam. As I said, Priam was probably their way of saying "Hey, western fans, we didn't forget about you guys, don't worry!" xP

He better not, considering the whole thing about Ike's world being created by Ashunera and every continent but Telius being drowned thing. It would underscore the weight of the events in those games.

And Ike's ending was forced enough as it is. He took his responsibilities as Greil's son so serious that he took the leadership of the mercs over the way more experienced Titania. So he wouldn't just be abandoning them like that.

I always feared that they tagged that on for some future crossover nonsense.

Edited by BrightBow

Funny, I like oatmeal too... lol

I can't say whether or not I like Priam though, since he's not out here yet obviously. I do like that he's Ike's descendant though, of course. ^^

I'm hoping Priam isn't the main lord of 14, he's blander than oatmeal. And of course, ewwww, Ike. Priam kinda looks like what I imagine Chrom would look like as a homeless drunkard XD

Ike and Priam all the way....Haters gonna hate!....for me Ike is the best character to come out of this fictional world of gaming and Anime....I'm the ultimate Ike fan which explains my ferociousness around his haters "RUN GIRL, I CAN'T HOLD BACK RUN!"

It comes with being human XD People like different things, just so happens, Ike (Priam more so) do not hit high on my like scale at all :P

But, in video games/anime/manga, I find I ultimately gravitate more towards females than males. Don't know why, just my preference.

Come to think of it one thing I want to know is what did Ike or Priam do to the Ragnell. In Priam's art it looks like it's been thoroughly beat up and is all cracked and dented and put on a different hilt, no wonder it's thrown instead of firing Shock Waves.

Edited by arvilino

It comes with being human XD People like different things, just so happens, Ike (Priam more so) do not hit high on my like scale at all :P

But, in video games/anime/manga, I find I ultimately gravitate more towards females than males. Don't know why, just my preference.

Well it's OK, I'm a Male who gravitate towards male characters, for me those characters are not appealing to me sexually they appeal to me because I want to be like them :D....

Come to think of it one thing I want to know is what did Ike or Priam do to the Ragnell. In Priam's art it looks like it's been thoroughly beat up and is all cracked and dented and put on a different hilt, no wonder it's thrown instead of firing Shock Waves.

I think it lost the blessing after Ashera got defeated....

Edited by Azuren the Hero

Ike had a concubine. :awesome:

Not like they couldn't have slept around. The ship has definitely not been sunk. :awesome:

I guess Priam is canon? A lot of the downloadable Paralogues just absolutely shit on the plot, though. Priam's in particular doesn't seem to be subject to that problem though, so why not?

Not like they couldn't have slept around. The ship has definitely not been sunk. :awesome:

I guess Priam is canon? A lot of the downloadable Paralogues just absolutely shit on the plot, though. Priam's in particular doesn't seem to be subject to that problem though, so why not?

I kinda like Aversa's paralogue story....

What if FE 14 was like FE4 where you have your game in 2 generation, First generation being Ike after radiant Dawn and the second generation is about Priam or his father being the heroes of the great war....

As far as the Spotpass characters go, only two of them are canon: Yen'fay and Priam

Yen'fay is from an alternate future, so he's explained well enough and could be canon.

Priam didn't even show up during the story beforehand, so he needs no explanation, and thus is canon.

Gangrel, Walhart, and Aversa were all killed clearly, so how they explained their returns is not as plausible. Then we have Emmeryn, who fell from a really high cliff, so there's a very slim chance she actually survived. Some fans speculated that Walhart was actually a Risen, and Aversa may have escaped after being defeated, but fan speculation is just that: speculation.

Just my two cents that no one will comment on.