Tyne-Wear Mafia - Where Are They Now? Special Bonus 2016 Update

Parrhesia

Seemed like an obvious joke to me, see: Reclass Mafia (hence the passing down to another player). However, would like him to clarify how serious the below was because I really can't tell. ;/

#Vote: Blitz

stop scumbuddying with cam. Or, if you do, at least be consistent and vote who you agree is scummy. Agreeing with his vote on me and doing nothing afterwad is pretty suspicious.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh shit do I already have three pages of mafia to catch up and mafia on.

@Shin: there is a lot of spam and no content in this thread and you are the biggest offender. do you have Reads on People?

##Vote: Poly for being the most nonchalant about the game not getting anywhere.

How exactly have I been nonchalant about moving the same forward? If you're meaning the last line of my first post, it was sarcasm, and I'd figured you'd know better.

I'd seriously like some clarification from Rapier about his whole thing. I dunno if he really was joking or not, but I'm still curious.

@Shin: there is a lot of spam and no content in this thread and you are the biggest offender. do you have Reads on People?

No, I have no opinion on anyone in the game at all, even myself! Nah, I think Poly's reaction, and SB's, to Rapier's "claim" tickle me the wrong way, it seems like a massive overreaction. Although Rapier's a butt too, although I'm assuming that's RVS antics rather than actual play.

That's my contribution to the game, back to self-votes and my mom jokes for me!

If our reactions seem off, why aren't you voting for either of us?

Because I'm too busy voting Refa! I was hoping for a little more justification than "It's Rapier, who knows" or "why aren't you voting us?" before I laid down a vote. I totally could have done so, but comprehending stuff was more on my mind than laying down a vote.

However, would like him to clarify how serious the below was because I really can't tell. ;/

I'm fishing, leave me be.

I wrote up a wall but then it got deleted argh.

;/

Still waiting for this mass claim to get going before participating.

Why would a mass claim be productive and beneficial for Town in any way?

Because SF mafia setups are typically breakable by mass claiming as early as possible. PRs are overrated anyway.

Or maybe you're scum wanting to know who are the best Town PRs to kill on this first Night.

I'm skeptical toward such a radical measure. It's likely that the Mafia will benefit more from this than the Town.

No, I'm compulsive insomniac. That would a pointless as shit role for scum.

Think about it. 1. SF games are typically PR heavy (though idk about Furet games), which means that A. Scum will have a very hard time coming up with an adequate fake claim and so will likely try vanilla/something that gets cc'd and B. With all PRs in the open, it makes it possible to coordinate roles to be as effcient as possible. 2. Yes, PRs will be at risk, but the point here is to overwhelm scum before they get their shit together. If you're scum, wouldn't you be scared shitless when your plan to smooth sail into DDay got wasted by massclaim D1. Lastly, I. What is numbering and II. Shit.

No, I have no opinion on anyone in the game at all, even myself! Nah, I think Poly's reaction, and SB's, to Rapier's "claim" tickle me the wrong way, it seems like a massive overreaction. Although Rapier's a butt too, although I'm assuming that's RVS antics rather than actual play.

OK, SB already went over my problems with your issues with Poly/SB (which are fine considering how early in the game it is but your unwillingness to vote them and actually help progress the game is scummy), but I don't get what your deal is with Rapier. Like, at all. Please explain.

I'm fishing, leave me be.

Can you just answer whether or not it was serious please kthnx.

##Unvote

##Vote: Shin

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, there's a Page 4?

Or maybe you're scum wanting to know who are the best Town PRs to kill on this first Night.

I'm skeptical toward such a radical measure. It's likely that the Mafia will benefit more from this than the Town.

Honestly while I think Weapons' plan is dumb (will outline my issues below), I don't think Weapons' plan is coming from a scummy mindset. Unless scum has a VERY GOOD set of fakeclaims, they're putting themselves at risk by mentioning a massclaim this early on (additionally it also puts the focus on Weapons which doesn't seem like something he'd do as scum considering his play in the last game consisted of blending in).

Think about it. 1. SF games are typically PR heavy (though idk about Furet games), which means that A. Scum will have a very hard time coming up with an adequate fake claim and so will likely try vanilla/something that gets cc'd and B. With all PRs in the open, it makes it possible to coordinate roles to be as effcient as possible. 2. Yes, PRs will be at risk, but the point here is to overwhelm scum before they get their shit together. If you're scum, wouldn't you be scared shitless when your plan to smooth sail into DDay got wasted by massclaim D1. Lastly, I. What is numbering and II. Shit.

Man, I thought your claim was a joke. When you say compulsive insomniac, does that mean you're forced to make a certain amount of night posts or what.

Also to counter your parts:

1. I don't really agree with this, at least considering that the last few games that I played haven't had very many PR's at all.

1A. This is assuming that scum doesn't have fakeclaims given to them by the mods.

1B. This is bad, especially if scum has some method of roleblocking (which would screw over cops and docs), redirection (which would screw over vigs), and I dunno...point is it's bad to out PR's this early.

2. Read above complaints. Unless we have like 10PR's (that are legitimate and not scum claims), chances are that this will not go well.

Scum a lot of times have one part to their role that benefits scum and another part that doesn't necessarily do that but provides them with an easy fakeclaim. Also I've never seen you advocate for a massclaim before; what's different about this game?

##Unvote, ##Vote: Prims

How did Poly ignore what was going on more than anybody else?

OK, SB already went over my problems with your issues with Poly/SB (which are fine considering how early in the game it is but your unwillingness to vote them and actually help progress the game is scummy), but I don't get what your deal is with Rapier. Like, at all. Please explain.

As I mentioned before, it was less unwillingness and more not being particularly thinking about voting. I said pretty clearly that I'm sure Rapier is messing around during RVS, which is why I thought such a strong reaction from Poly and SB was so odd. I'm also a little puzzled at why you think that me not putting a vote down is hindering the game. It's not like I think you're scummy for saying that, I've seen the comment before.

Weapons, I've seen insomniacs of different alignments, a scum one wouldn't be impossible but is by no means damning. I agree with Refa on the most part, Weapons' idea is pretty bad, but I don't see why scum would even try it.

##Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

This may sound like a sudden turn around, but his replies feel forced. The "or you're scum" line and his general logic of wanting information = scum are kinda scummy. Especially when he admitted he was fishing for info earlier!

Prims, why did you respond to your vote with a question and a vote? Da circle goes on!

@Cam I think Weapons already said that we could probably overpower scum even if we did have all PRs outed. Considering they probably only have one roleblocker it might be true, but I dunno how strong the rest of the town is so I'd rather not. I don't think it's really scum motivated or anything, but his comment about compulsive insomniac being useless for scum kind of implies he's scum himself so I'd like an explanation as to why he put that?

##Unvote

##Vote: Refa

I don't actually think there's anything wrong with Refa's case per say, but it feels kind of forced to me. like he's trying to get a vote out there for the sake of having one. I thought Shin's reaction to my question was fine and I'm pretty sure the not liking Rapier bit was just on general playstyle.

I'm like, 90% sure Prims is pulling the same shit he did in Inception Day 1, so. Something about BBM's questioning is rubbing me the wrong way but I can't put my finger on it.

@Cam I think Weapons already said that we could probably overpower scum even if we did have all PRs outed. Considering they probably only have one roleblocker it might be true, but I dunno how strong the rest of the town is so I'd rather not.

do you know something i don't? why are you assuming anything about the setup?

also Compulsive Insomniac is a useless role for scum except that it gives free towncred for that exact reason