[FE6] Experimental: Mutual Team Draft

Toothache

Experimental draft time! I wondered about the possibility of everyone using the same team and aiming for low turn counts. Given the finished rankings list voted on by SF members, I devised a list of ranking levels that each unit must be picked from, agreed by the drafters themselves, and then the game is played through all using the same team.

[spoiler=Rules]Drafting:

1. This draft is for 5 players.

2. Roy, Marcus, Merlinus, Lalam/Elphin, and Fa are free for all to use.

3. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

4. Most units will remain undrafted

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.

3. Use of the Warp staff is banned.

4. All Gaiden chapters are required to be visited. Chapter 20x (either route) does not count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken.

5. NPCs may do as they please without penalty.

6. The game must be played out to the True Ending.

7. Drafting takes a choice of one unit from each ranking level. Drafting is still done snake style, random order.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty per unit, per chapter.

Exceptions:

1. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Promotion items.

[spoiler=Draft Lists]

Rank Level 1:

Miledy

Rutger

Percival

Lance

Alan

Rank Level 2:

Thany

Clarine

Tate

Dieck

Niime

Rank Level 3:

Zealot

Shin

Echidna

Saul

Astohl

Rank Level 4:

Klein

Chad

Noah

Bartre

Lugh

Rank Level 5:

Sue

Igrene

Ellen

Zeiss

Cecilia

Rank Level 6:

Gonzales

Lot

Fir

Yodel

Oujay

Rank Level 7:

Treck

Dayan

Hugh

Ray

Karel

Rank Level 8:

Geese

Lilina

Garret

Yuno

Dorothy

Rank level 9:

Douglas

Ward

Wolt

Barth

Cath

Bors

Sophia

Wendy

Players:

1. Lord Raven

2. DragonLord

3. General Horace

4. ThreeOfSpades

5. Toothache

Drafted Units: Alan, Dieck, Zealot, Lugh, Cecilia, Lot, Ray, Dorothy, Wendy

Edited by Toothache

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, team is picked.

My thoughts so far:

Alan: Badass in NM. Works as a great boss killer.

Dieck: I guess. Would rather have Thany though. Probably get the first Hero Crest from me.

Zealot: This is becoming startlingly similar to my last draft team

Lugh: I guess an early mage isn't too terrible

Cecilia: Staffbot comes along right when needed

Lot: Early axes, later bows, durable as hell. A versatile choice imo

Ray: Doesn't really help. I'm not expecting much

Dorothy: Underrated unit imo

Wendy: May as well not have bothered

Hmm......Wendy.

we're only drafting 8 units?

Opinions and stuff, since everyone seems to be doing it:

Alan - the less useful cavalier. I always preferred Lance, but hey, earlygame pony is earlygame pony. Also, awesome strength.

Dieck - The guy who single-handedly saved my ass on my second FE6 playthrough. Hand Axes=HYEZ

Zealot - Marcus#2. Never used him (or Marcus actually) because you know, NM. He'll help with Chapter 7 though (shudder).

Lugh - MAGIC=YAY (sorry, I'm a sucker for magic guys, i know he's not that good)

Cecilia - late staffbot on a horse with crap growths but insta C staves. Mixed bag, honestly (showing up in the desert is not helping her case). BUT MAGIC=YAY

Lot - I heard he's okay, but FE6 is not a good game to be an axe user. He'll probably end up just taking potshots or something.

Ray - At least he can insta-promote. Too bad the next guiding ring is in the desert. BUT MAGIC=YAY

Dorothy - The second archer. I don't like archers. Potshots for you missy.

Once again, why only eight units?

Edited by ThreeofSpades

So from here, are we going to discuss if we have any changes? Or will we get on with the draft?

No, just get on with it.

I'll be happy to take suggestions about possible changes to the rank lists. I'm considering swapping Percival for Thany, since she seems to be a more popular round 1 pick in most NM drafts. Feel free to suggest other changes for future drafts in this mould.

Edited by Toothache

EDIT:

Chapter 1

Turns Taken - 5

Lance trades all of his equipment to Alan, and Bors gives his Iron Lance to Marcus. Alan then rushed ahead to the East followed by Roy and Marcus to kill the incoming enemies. They headed North from there, and Alan healed with his Vulnerary. After being attacked, Alan rushes past the surrounding enemies, towards the boss, followed by Marcus who was rescuing Roy. Marcus then dropped Roy, south of the boss, and killed any incoming enemies. Alan leveled up to Lvl. 2, while Marcus killed the boss with a critical Silver Lance. Roy then seized the throne.

jjRAoxEPgXQrk.PNG

Sword - D

jT85wg2s9rEMl.PNG

Sword - E

Lance - D

jvCc4Y7nmPE77.PNG

Sword - D

Lance - A

Axe - E

Edited by DragonLord

Using Bors to visit the village counts as a penalty. Also, may I suggest you ignore the village. 4 turns is a reasonable goal and you can still feed Alan at least a level's worth of exp without much of a problem.

Just to show you how possible it is. In fact, if you're willing to risk an EP counter on turn 3, the village is still possible to get. Have Alan take Lance's vulnerary for an easier time.

Edited by Toothache

Using Bors to visit the village counts as a penalty. Also, may I suggest you ignore the village. 4 turns is a reasonable goal and you can still feed Alan at least a level's worth of exp without much of a problem.

Just to show you how possible it is. In fact, if you're willing to risk an EP counter on turn 3, the village is still possible to get. Have Alan take Lance's vulnerary for an easier time.

Damn, forgot about that, must have misread it, I'll update my first chapter post when I redo it. I'm not really playing for the turn count, just for fun really.