Quarterly Fire Emblem Fan-game Awards (QFFA)! (nominations go here)

ghast

Hello fellow ROM hackers, FEXP game makers and FEXNA adventurers! Today marks a potentially great tradition for our community:
The Quarterly Fire Emblem Fan-game Awards!
The goals of these awards are to promote and encourage fan-game creators and to recognize all the hard work they put in to bring the very best of what they can make. Whether the creations are intricately designed chapters, or amazing sprite work, or gripping plots and characters, or a potentially great concept, now's the time we buck up and truly show each other our appreciation for our fellow community members and make this forum a more pleasant experience for all!
How it works:
The QFFA will occur four times during the year, terminating with the January Fan-game of the Year. There are two major categories: Fan-game Project and Fan-game Concept. You can nominate someone or someone's work, you can even nominate yourself for awards.
March QFFA
June QFFA
September QFFA
December QFFA
January Fan-game of the Year
Timeline For March QFFA:
March 10th- Nominations begin
End of March- Nominations end.
April 1st- Voting polls open up
End of April- Voting polls close.
May- Winners announced.
Fan-Game Project entry requirements:
Project must have a demo out of at least 4 chapters.
Fan-Game Concept entry requirements:
For fan-games located in the Hacking Concepts sub-forum.
Concept should have at least 8 screenshots. Or at least something that implies that it's being worked on.
A demo isn't necessary, but a 3 chapter demo will be considered a concept for this event.
Awards

Project Nominations: Award Categories for Projects: nominate work for......
-Best Gameplay: The project has the most interesting and engaging gameplay, mechanics or design.
-Best Mugs: The project has the most impressive, cleanest and coolest collection of character mugs.
-Best Animations: The project has the most impressive, smoothest and best looking battle, spell and/or map animations.
-Best Map Design: The project has the most interesting and fun maps to play on.
-Best Music: The project has the most unique and diverse arrangement of custom music.
-Best Plot: The project has the deepest, most engaging and well-written plot.
-Best Characters: The project has the most unique, engaging and well-written characters, dialogue and personality.
-Best ASM Hack: an ASM hack that greatly helped hackers the most .
-Favorite Project: The project is just awesome and you love it!
-Best Project of the Quarter: The project nailed everything right. It is the most complete and best among the rest!
Concept Nominations: Award Categories for Concepts: (if applicable) nominate work for......
-Best Mugs: The concept has the most impressive, cleanest and coolest collection of character mugs.
-Best Animations: The concept has the most impressive, smoothest and best looking battle, spell and/or map animations.
-Best Map Design: The concept looks like it has the most interesting and fun maps to play on.
-Best Plot: The concept has the most unique idea for a plot.
-Best Characters: The concept has the most well written characters based off screenshots.
-Favorite Concept: The concept is just your favorite! You're hopeful that it goes somewhere.
-Most Improved Concept: The concept has shown the most growth from it's last major update. (Or, the concept has shown the most growth from its last entry in the QFFA)
-Best Concept of the Quarter: The concept has the most potential to be the next big thing. It hits all aspects of what makes a good fan-game and its going somewhere!
Nominated Awards For Members- Projects-nominate your fellow members!
-Most Helpful Creator- A member in the community who has shown great effort in helping his/her fellow creators by answering questions and/or providing tutorials and generally being a model member of the community.
-Most Enthusiastic Creator: The creator has shown strides in learning and developing his/her hacking/art/ creating skills. And is eager to keep progressing.
Nominated Awards For Members-Concepts- nominate your fellow members!
-Most Enthusiastic Creator: The creator has shown strides in learning and developing his/her hacking/art/ creating skills. And is eager to keep progressing.

Prizes

Individual Winners:
Bragging rights, potential banner? (Someone would need to make them, but that'd be cool)
TOP Prizes
Best Project of the Quarter
- Project thread will be pinned in ROM Hacking for the month following the winner announcement
- Optional- Interview with project creator
- Optional- LP of a selected chapter with/without project creator
Best Concept of the Quarter:
-Optional- LP of the project of a chapter that the creator wants to feature.
- Project thread will be pinned in Hacking Concepts for the month following the winner announcement.

RULES- READ THIS CAREFULLY

Entry Requirements:
Fan-Game Project entry requirements:
Project must have a demo out of at least 4 chapters.
Fan-Game Concept entry requirements:
For fan-games located in the Hacking Concepts sub-forum.
Concept should have at least 8 screenshots. Or at least something that implies that it's being worked on.
A demo isn't necessary, but a 3 chapter demo will be considered a concept for this event.
Entry Rules and Guidelines:
(If there's some sort of phenomenon that I didn't expect to happen, I'll consult with people on how to make the rules as fair for everyone as possible)
-Entrants can nominate a project/concept in maximum 5 categories per quarter (5 for projects. 5 for concepts). Entrants also don't need to max out their entries if they don't want to. Please don't nominate a project if it can't fill in the criteria either!
- To clarify, you can nominate 5 different projects/concepts if you want to. Example:
Best Music: Project A
Best Plot: Project B
Best Map Design: Project B
Favorite Project: Project C
So you have choices- You can nominate 1 fan-game for 5 separate awards, or 5 fan-games for 1 award each. Or anything in between!
- Entrants can provide a brief (bullet points, or a paragraph-ish?) on why something should be considered for the award. This isn't necessary, but if your nominations are a bit unknown it might be a good idea. Also, voters may not be able to play your project in time, so a description or something similar can sway them that way!
-ASM hackers don't need to have their own project for this category, just explain the magic! (If you can show a video of it, that would make it easier to explain i suppose.)
- Voters can vote once per category.
- DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF if you've nominated your own work for something, the votes will be made public, if you're caught voting for yourself, you'll be eliminated
Putting down other members, projects or concepts, for ANY reason is COMPLETELY NOT COOL. CLASHING EGO'S ARE ALSO NOT COOL.
It's okay to disagree and discuss decisions like grown ups, and clashing opinions are probably definitely going to happen. But please, just don't be a poopy-head about it. If there's something or someone that you don't like, don't vote for it. Tangerine (thank you)was kind enough to allow me to organize this and okay'd the pinned thread prize. But if the topic goes to utter shit, the event can easily be canned. And that would be lame because this is fun for me to organize.
The whole point of this is to promote, encourage and recognize our work and our fellow community members. No matter the quality. So do that, please :)
#nopoopyheadshere
- Other rules will be set in place after the first QFFA.

Don't be shy!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Current Nomination Stats:

Projects:

Best Gameplay:

Bloodlines

FE7 Chaos Mode

Midnight Sun

The Road To Ruin

Best ASM:

Best Plot:

Bloodlines

Elibian Nights

Midnight Sun

Best Music:

Midnight Sun

Best Characters:

Elibian Nights

Midnight Sun

Best Mugs:

Midnight Sun

Dream of Five

Best Animations:

Bloodlines

Best Map Design:

Death or Glory

Chronicles of Lussaria
Favorite Project:
Bloodlines
Death or Glory
Dream of Five
The Road To Ruin
Project of the Quarter:
Bloodlines
Elibian Nights
Midnight Sun
Most Helpful Creator:
Arch
CrazyColorz5
Primefusion
Most Enthusiastic Creator:
Alfred Kamon
Ghaststation

Concepts

Best ASM:
Chronicles of Lussaria
Best Mugs:
Inheritance of Ash
Best Music:
Eternal Bond
Best Plot:
Inheritance of Ash
Scions of Kings
Best Characters:
Inheritance of Ash
Eternal Bond
Best Mugs:
FEIV
Concept of the Quarter:
FEIV (SquareRootofPi)
Inheritance of Ash
Eternal Bond
Most Enthusiastic Creator
OreoStyx
Fav Concept:
A Sacred Dawn (revisited)
Come on concept peeps! Nominate yourself for stuff! Didn't you ever want the spotlight

Edited by GhastStation

I think it would be cool if people could nominate someone else's project for stuff like "best gameplay" and what not. I like the idea of this, but I don't really feel comfortable nominating my own project as the "best of" something.

I think it would be cool if people could nominate someone else's project for stuff like "best gameplay" and what not. I like the idea of this, but I don't really feel comfortable nominating my own project as the "best of" something.

:o

that makes sense, I changed the rules. You can nominate other work for stuff!

edit: Nevermind, back to what they were, sorry for these changes here and there haha. Its clearer on what's a good and bad idea when its all out there.

Edited by GhastStation

Aight, here goes:

Project Nomination - Bloodlines
- Best Plot
- Best Gameplay
- Best Animations
- Favorite Project

Concept Nomination - Inheritance of Ash
- Best Portraits/Mugs (I've always preferred saying portraits... Mugs makes me think of the theft/beating variety)
- Best Plot
- Best Characters
- Best Concept of the Quarter

Member Nomination for Projects
- Most Enthusiastic Creater: Ghast (That energy can't be beat, yo)

Hope this format is correct >.>

Cool, glad you got this up and running.

-Best Gameplay: Midnight Sun
-Best Mugs: Dream of Five
-Best Music: The Last Promise
-Most Helpful Creator- Arch
-Most Enthusiastic Creator: Alfred Kamon
Edit: I forgot how to count to 5
Edited by Eldinnnn

Cool, glad you got this up and running.

-Best Gameplay: Midnight Sun
-Best Mugs: Dream of Five
-Best Animations: Bloodlines
-Best Music: The Last Promise
-Most Helpful Creator- Arch
-Most Enthusiastic Creator: Alfred Kamon

one too many nominations! please stick with 5 for fan-game projects

hey you know I'm all for spicing up this moderately sparse community

I'd make nominations but I haven't really played any like a hypocrite

and unfortunately my own hack is not eligible due to the lack of a public demo, perhaps next time

spectator mode enabled

Best Gameplay: The Road to Ruin. I feel like The Road to Ruin hits a nice "sweet spot" in terms of difficulty with providing some challenge without being overwhelming. Every character is quite usable.

Best Plot: Elibean Nights. These stories help to connect FE7 to FE6 in interesting ways and provide us more insight on the characters we all know and love. The support for the various pairing options enhances the overall experience.

Best Map Design: Death or Glory. Variety of objectives that in conjunction with the difficult enemies make for a challenging and rewarding gameplay experience. Maps encourage using a wide variety of units rather than focusing on a small team of superpowered ones.

Best Mugs: Midnight Sun. The mugs are nice to look at, unique, and really help to express the personality of the characters.

Favorite Project: Dream of Five. Well balanced and challenging gameplay with unique objectives, very nice mugs, animations, and FE appropriate music, a route split for even more replayability, an interesting and grittier plot, this hack has a lot going for it.

(did I do this right?)

I'm going to nominate:

- Best Overall: Elibean Nights (in the spirit of competition)

- Favorite Project: The Road to Ruin

- Most Helpful Creator: Crazycolorz5

- Best Gameplay: Midnight Sun

- Best Mugs: Dream of Five

Edited by Arch

-Best Project of the Quarter: FE: Bloodlines

-Best Animations: FE: Bloodlines

-Best Plot: Midnight Sun

-Best Music: Can Eternal Bond be nominated for this even if it doesn't have a patch? (if it does someone link it pls)

-Best Map Design: I nominate Fire Emblem 7 OR alternatively Project Chaos Mode

it can be nominated, but it has to be placed under concepts. The rules are a 4 chapter playable patch at the time of the competition. I know its weird because EB is clearly not a concept. But this way there are no grey areas.

Edited by GhastStation

is okay, I would have said EB by rule is concept-only too and it's basically vapourware until september anyway

P.S. This thing runs 4 times a year anyway, I can always win... next time, motherfuckers.

Edited by Agro

Project Nomination

-Best Plot: Midnight Sun

-Best Animations: Bloodlines

-Best Music: Midnight Sun

-Best Characters: Elibean Nights

-Best Project of the Quarter: Bloodlines

Concept Nomination

-Best Map Design: Chronicles of Lussaria

-Best Music: Eternal Bond

-Favorite Concept: A Sacred Dawn (revisited)

-Best Characters: Eternal Bond

-Best ASM: Chronicles of Lussaria

Edited by Alfred Kamon